Tea Bungalow is a small quaint old boutique hotel. Each room is different in design and theme. We stayed in the Cochin room which has a small verandah and is overlooking the swimming pool. The room itself was somewhat spacious with the basic amenities including tea and coffee maker. For the size of room it was good value. The verandah had just one bamboo chair and had benches along the railing. Having cushions would have helped as the bench was quite hard to sit on over a period of time. The staff are very polite. We ate the dining room below. The food could was good but not worth the price. We felt the quantities were also not upto the mark for the price. They do not serve any drinks there. With such an ambience and beautifully restored old building it would be lovely to have wine and beer like a couple of other small hotels in Cochin where we went to. Overall our experience was good and had no complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dempo Resorts and the historic Tea BungalowThe guiding force behind Tea Bungalow is Mr.Vivek Dempo founder of Dempo Resorts. The Dempo Family is one of the oldest families of Goa, who controlled the coconut trade from the 16th to the 19th Century. They also owned large cargo sailing ships which sailed from Goa to the African Ports of Portuguese colonies like Mozambique and Angola in the Indian Ocean.The restoration and decoration of Tea Bungalow has been a labour of love for Mr. Dempo. He has crafted an escape from the humdrum, noisy, soul-killing rush of everyday life. Tea Bungalow offers a tranquil place to step away for a while, to centre your thoughts and get the balance you need.Tea Bungalow occupies pride of place in the heart of the exclusive heritage area of Fort Cochin. Cochin (Kochi) is made up of three districts: Ernakulam, Wellington Island and Fort Cochin. The bungalow was built in 1912 and run as a workshop and office of a UK Company called United Carpets engaged in the manufacture and export of coir and spices. Brooke Bond the tea company bought the bungalow in 1956 and christened it Brooke Bond Bungalow which housed the top management of Brooke Bond & Company. Dignitaries used this bungalow for important meetings. Its history of spice and tea brought about its new avatar - Tea Bungalow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Tea Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tea Bungalow Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Tea Bungalow Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala