“Personable host but bare bones accomodation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Adams Wood House

You added Adams Wood House to your Saves list
Adams Wood House
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Near Saga, Andy Achari Road | Paravana Junction, Kochi (Cochin) 682 002, India   |
Ranked #87 of 320 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
vancouver
“Personable host but bare bones accomodation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We only spent one night here as we had another room booked but I would not have stayed anyway. Our room was up some very steep exterior stairs - 3 flights up. The room was concrete base with palm thatch walls. There was a double bed and 2 small side tables leaving almost no room for suitcases to be opened.
The bathroom did not adjoin the bedroom. It consisted of a shower and a toilet. There was no sink.
The wifi access was from outside the room which was impossible at night because of mosquitos. There is no common area. Breakfast was OK but cost an additional 100rupees.
I think the owner would be very helpful in terms of advice and information and he is a pleasant fellow but I think the web page is very misle

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
adamshomestaycochin, Owner at Adams Wood House, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
thank you v.much for sharing ur experience.
first i would like to highlight the difference in rooms.

we have 2 floors in building.
1st floor have 3 a/c rooms with all amenities, ensuite bath and wifi connectivity.
2nd floor jave 2 non a/c bamboo rooms mainly for budget travellers and backpackers.

a/c rooms cost more and bamboo rooms are the cheapest

when u booked room we were fully sold out and only room left was the cheapest room
this room have 2 bed sides, king size cot, a table, mosquito nets and ensuite toilet.

u booked with us just for 1 night because cochin was fully sold out for new year. you choose us just because u could not find room any where else.

you told us you are 70 yrs old to climb the stairs to 2nd floor.
but we are helpless because all rooms on 1st floor was sold out.

when you pay how can i give u free breakfast so we charge 2 dollars extra for 2 person.

we dont have a big lobby like hotels but all 2 floors have a small living where our guest can meet each other.

for me its my bread and butter.
i had not given anything wrong in website

those who read this will definately look into other guest comments
it makes them clear how we are doing.

its very difficult to make old aged customers happy. they need more personal service.
for us all our guest are equal we we are giving same service to all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Firoz was a warm and gracious host who clearly cares about his guests above all. His homestay is clean and comfortable. Although it's not in the center of Ft. Kochi, it's easy enough to walk or take a rickshaw to all the key areas in town. Recommended.

Room Tip: If possible, ask to see the different available rooms to choose the one that seems most suitable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
thank u mr. quinn

thank u for staying with us.
it was nice to meet you both friends.
unfortunately ur flight was next day that u could not stay longer in cochin.

we looks forward to see u back in cochin.

have a great day.

firoz
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at the Wood House for four nights right at the beginning of our trip. It was a perfect place to stay. First of all because Firoz and his wife are lovely hosts with many valuable tips what to do and how to get there. The garden view rooms are in a charming setting, old wooden architecture, simple and clean. The area is a residential neighbourhood which makes it easy to explore real indian life around Palace Road. The tourist attractions are in short riksha distance or a bit longer walk. Firoz gave as a good insight into cool Indian music! Also we had the most delicious masala chai at their place! Whenever we return to Kochi we will stay at Adams Wood House again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hell madam.

very nice to have guest like you.
it give us energy when we read good reviews from our guest.

unfortunately some guest are not happy just because we are away from the crowd.
but they dont know how they are getting cheated in touristic area.

people like you who really wants to know the real indian life enjoy their stay with us.
and u can reach all touristic attractions in 5 minutes.

my best rgds to u both.
hope to see you soon in cochin.

have a wonderful evening

from warm cochin

firoz and family
Wageningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had a very nice stay at adams wood house. Good rooms and beds. They organized the dropp off to the airport and give some advice of sightseeing Kochin. And thanks for the good tip for a Ayurvedic massage. Thanks a lot for beining so kind!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
adamshomestaycochin, Manager at Adams Wood House, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
thank you very much for writing your review in trip advisor
it was my pleasure to assist you.

you had hardly 36 hrs with us
happy to hear that i tried my best to make your stay comfortable with us.

we recommend our guest to enjoy real ayurveda at nearby centre run by an ashram
u can enjoy 4 hands massage on in such places

looks forward to host u again soon during ur next official visit to cochin

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

First time I had a great experience and on that basis decided to come back and spend my last few days in India here.
I arrived and was put in the loft 'room', accessed by steep stairs, situated under the metal roof with completely open sides (no windows, only bars).
Three nights it rained, a huge storm, on night three the room was wet, my bed was wet and my bag was soaking. 'Something' also ate my sandal straps - no rats or mice here, the guesthouse owner said, so I don't know who munched them!
To top this off on my last night another guest told me that the day of my traveling was day one of a two day general strike in the whole of the country. When, a bit panicked at 8pm the night before my flight, I asked the guesthouse owner if I would be able to take the government bus he ASSURED me that there would be no problems as it was only self-employed people striking. He didn't check and I couldn't because the wi-fi I had paid for had stopped working on day two.
And the whole country was indeed at a standstill and it was only because of the police escorting me to main junction and putting me in a strike-breaking-scab rickshaw that I got to the airport. Of course, this being a rickshaw driver greedy enough to break the strike he charged a FORTUNE for the supposed risk of taking me, leaving me out of pocket.
The policeman confused, asking me why I didn't go to the airport the night before. Thanks guesthouse owner, the only person in the country unaware of the strike!!!
After all that I cannot recommend this place and wish I had gone somewhere else, esp when, as a tourist in the middle of a strike, I needed help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
adamshomestaycochin, Owner at Adams Wood House, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
hello madam.

quite surprised to see such a negative review from you
because you were so friendly with us and shared lot of travel experience while having breakfast at our table.

i would like to point out the difference in rooms.
we have different categories of rooms

in january you booked garden view room which is priced more than loft room.
in feb u choose the cheapest room saying you were at the end of your holidays.
so how can u expect same facilties when you pay very less.

our loft rooms sells first thru booking engines because its cheap and best for budget backpackers who spend long holidays in india

reagrding your comments about rain :

in kerala we get rain in june and july.
i dont know how you got the feeling of raining when you were here in jan and feb :)
now the weather is warm in cochin.
many tourist visit kerala to get sun and light and not for rain.

do u remember. you shared your goan experience with me and said your sandal was eaten by a mouse while u were in goa. then why you blame me for what happened in goa.

i am uploading the fotos of loft room so guest can see how the room looks like.

strikes declared late evening before ur checkout date
when u returned at night 10 pm i informed you about it.

i offered you airport drop in my motorcycle
but u said u are scared to sit in motocycle and u will take 7 am volvo bus to airport
i dont understand why you said that i did not assist u.

we have free wifi for our guest.
and we did not take any extra from you for wifi

we dont expect 100% postiive review from all.
people have different attitude

i worked 21 yrs for sheraton and i know very well its very hard to make every guest happy.
but so far i am succeeded in making 98 percent of our guest happy and comfortable.

those who like to stay with us
i have a request

pls read other guest reviews too.
them decide whether u like to stay with us or not.

have a good day.
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a lovely six night stay at Adam's Wood House. Feroz, the host, was incredibly helpful and informative about the local area and full of good suggestions for what to see and do. The backwaters tour arranged by our host was incredibly peaceful and relaxing - a real highlight of our trip in South India. Feroz also helped arrange yoga and meditation classes which we really enjoyed.

The accommodation was comfortable and reasonably priced, and was nicely located in a quiet position off a main street about 5 - 10 minutes auto rickshaw drive from Fort Cochin.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
adamshomestaycochin, Owner at Adams Wood House, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
thank u v.much for your great review.
it was my pleasure to assist you to make your stay comfortable with us.

very happy to hear that you enjoyed our yoga and meditation classes.

looks forward to see you and ur friends in cochin.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had a double room with garden view. The room was simple as it is a budget accommodation but clean. Wifi in the room. The garden view was simply the view of the owner's front garden. The breakfast was fine with toasts, fried egg and chai tea. The owner was really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
hello madam.

i highly appreciate you for finding time to write ur review.
nice to hear that we tried our best to make ur stay comfortable with us.

reviews and responses are mostly welcome
it helps us to improve the quality of our service.

trying hard to be keep the property clean and tidy
and working to be the best in fort cochin town.

cochin

Been to Adams Wood House? Share your experiences!