“Tender loving care!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sajhome

You added Sajhome to your Saves list
Sajhome
Federal Bank ATM Building, Fort Cochin | Near Kunnumpuram Junction, Kochi (Cochin) 682001, India   |
Ranked #1 of 175 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
San Francisco, California
“Tender loving care!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was traveling solo and Fort Kochi was my first stop in India. I was a bit nervous upon arrival, but luckily I was in very good hands. Saj took excellent care of me, showing me where everything was around town, giving me safety tips, feeding me delicious home cooked breakfasts, even magically working out a way for me to get an AC room when I couldn't handle the heat.

I was quite impressed with how knowledgeable Saj was about the local area. He was the BEST at arranging day trips, backwater cruises, etc. He'd even coordinate with his other guests that were interested in the same location, to help you get the price per person as low as possible. While in Kochi, I went to the elephant training camp, Munnar, and a backwater cruise...all with the help of Saj. I even compared prices with some of the local tour groups...Saj was very reasonable and made everything super easy.

This is a GREAT place to stay if you want to land, relax, take things day by day....and feel amazingly cared for!!

Room Tip: There are both AC and non AC rooms. The non AC rooms are, of course, cheaper...but are far less nic...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your time for this feedback and we are really delighted to read that you had a wonderful time at Sajhome, in enjoying our homely breakfasts, tour arrangements, suggestions, tips and our drivers.

Saj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My stay at Sajhome was just lovely! I really enjoyed the time we spent in Fort Cochin. Mr Saj is very knowledgeable and he is very helpful in making sure you'll get the most out of your trip to Fort Cochin. The place is very clean and comfortable. Great location too! But above all this, the service you get there is certainly one of the main reason why you should stay at Sajhome. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam,

It is really pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time at my tiny accommodation and I would like to take this oppurtunity to express all of our sincere gratitude for sparing your precious time for this post.

Hope that you would give another chance to serve again in near future

Kind regards
Saj N fly
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed with Saj towards the end of my six week trip around India and i'm so glad I did. I arrived in the middle of night but he'd arranged a lovely driver to come and pick me up and was awake to great me with a big smile at his home. My room was very clean and comfortable. Location is great, its a good place to start your exploring, espcially with your tummy full of Saj's wifes delicious breakfast. The puttu and black chick pea curry was honestly the most delicious breakfast I had during my whole trip. Saj and his family put so much love and time into your stay, they really couldn't have done anymore to help me during my stay. If you want to feel safe and at home this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your time for this post and we are all glad that you have enjoyed our rooms, homely food and all the other arrangements.

krumpendorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We absolutety enjoyed staying here for some days in November.
Our very nicely furnished and really clean rooms had a little balcony. At night it was relatively quiet without a busy street .
The landlord and his son are friendly and helpful and gave us a heartily welcome. We also were delighted about the various forms of Kerala breakfast prepared by the landlady and served at a porch on then first floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your valuable time for this post and I am really happy that you have enjoyed your stay, our homely cooked and all the travel arrangements.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed for a week at Saj home in the first week of December. Saj and his family extended every possible assistance to ensure that we had a terrific stay in Cochin. Delicious breakfasts to set you you up for the day ahead, good advice on sights to see (in and out of Cochin) and places to shop, more advice on great lunch and dinner spots, a clean and comfortable room to head back to after all that sightseeing, shopping and eating! Thanks for a lovely stay in amazing Cochin!

Room Tip: We booked a bit late and so the only rooms available were at the front of the building near the stre...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Madams,

Thank you for your precious time for this post and I am really glad both of had a good one week stay at Sajhome and in enjoying our homely breakfast and all the travel arrangements and suggestions

Sincerely
Saj N fmly
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were unable to stay with saj as he was fully booked. Even so, he arranged another option (Chack Inn) and was still happy to be available for any advice or questions we might have had. Very generous and warm hospitality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your valuable time for this post and I am really glad to know that you had a wonderful time in Fortkochi with my suggestions, tips and with drivers.

Kind regards
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I travelled with friends who stayed at Sajhome before and keep coming back every year. They couldn´t recommend it enough. And it didn´t disappoint. Saj and his team are very friendly and helpful. Saj makes you feel like you are the most important guest and does his utmost to make sure you have a great stay. We caught an early flight from Chennai to Cochin and he called us on the the way from to airport to check what we wanted for breakfast when we arrive and we were able to check in to our rooms straight away, which was a bonus as it meant we could fully enjoy the day in Cochin.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, tastefully furnished and beds comfortable. The breakfast is a treat (especially the pineapple juice made to secret recipe!) and it is served on lovely balcony.

Saj always took great care of us and he helped to arrange a house boat - and even called us after the trip to make sure everything was ok with the houseboat and we enjoyed it.

I would highly recommend Sajhome and if I am in Cochin again, this is where I will be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your valuable time for this post. We are all delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at homely accommodation, our homely food and all the travel arrangements

Sincerely
Saj

Been to Sajhome? Share your experiences!