“Return Visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sajhome

You added Sajhome to your Saves list
Sajhome
Federal Bank ATM Building, Fort Cochin | Near Kunnumpuram Junction, Kochi (Cochin) 682001, India   |
Ranked #2 of 170 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Return Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Have just returned from a stay at Sajhome after a gap of 4 years. It was excellent then and was not diappointed this time. The standard of cleanliness here is second to none and the staff cannot do enough to help you (this includes bringing me copious amounts of tea to my room when ever asked for!) Saj is as helpful as ever and it was a pleasure to make a return visit. I'll be back!
Kay, the tea lady.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for remembering us even after 4 years gap and for your 4 days recent stay at Sajhome.

I am really excited to know that you have enjoyed once again your stay at my home with usual large cup of teas and hope that you would come back again with your friend in near future

Thank you once again for being with us after a gap of 4 years

Saj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We chose Sajhome due to the fantastic reviews here on trip advisor and we were not at all disappointed!!! we get down to errnakulam station, saj arranged a cab to pick from railway station to his home stay, We arrived 15 min early to check in time he provided us a temporary room to fresh ourselves after 15 min we checkin into our room, which is very clean and spacious (In fact temporary room is also very good). Breakfast was absolutely delicious and the pineapple juice is as good as everybody keeps going on about. Saj is a very affectionate host and will tell you the best places to eat and hangout. Saj provided us with a map and arranged an autorickshaw for roaming in fort cochin, the driver was well groomed and spoke adequate english, Also Saj arranged cab(drivers are excellent) for all my trips around kerala.One can book a cab/taxi through the owner without any hesitation or fear. Definately, I will recommend people who are going cochin to stay in saj home. We roamed different places in kerala, in all those places we loved Saj's homestay.
Thanks for saj for making our journey very comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent...................
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your time for this post and I am really glad to read that you have enjoyed in staying with us, our homely breakfast, suggestions, tips and all other arrangements

Sincerely
klagenfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We chose Sajhome due to the fantastic reviews here on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed! Totally friendly owners, impeccable rooms and excellent Kerala bf. A few footsteps away from the beautiful sites of old Cochin with its historical churches, houses and the shopping and dining places. Although on a main road the good sleep is guaranteed as there is almost no traffic in the night. Don't miss it when visiting Kochi!

• Stayed November 2012
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam, Thank you for your valuable time for this excellent post and we are all glad that you have enjoyed your stay at my family home, in enjoying our homely food, all the suggestions, tips and arrangements.

Hope to see you again at Sajhome in future

Estoril, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was in Saj in October y laked and location ,the rooms are clean and staff are great people ,breakfast and very good and has a very good and has a very good pineaple juice,recomend to anyone to Saj fat

Room Tip: rooms a/c and quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your valuable time for this post and we are all happy to know that both of you have enjoyed your stay, our homely prepared breakfas, all the suggestions and tips.

Sincerely
y
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

me and my wife had a good start to india at saj's home. pick up at airport. very helpful and friendly staff. walking distance to some useful points of the town. nice introduction to indian breakfast. we had a AC room. thank you.

sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Sir & Madam,

It is really glad to read that you had a wonderful time at my home. I would like this opputunity to express all of our sincere gratitude to you for sparing your precious time for the same.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very comfortable room, Saj was very welcoming and the breakfast was great. Also gave us a recommendation for our next homestay in Kumily, which was brilliant. Told us all we needed to know to get around Kochi and see what we wanted to see, as well as the best places to eat (go to Oceanos, twice if you can!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for your precious time for the same. I am really delighted that you have enjoyed your stay, homely breakfast and all the recommendation and arrangements

Hope that you would give me another oppurtunity to serve you again in future

Kind regards
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Saj's in November. It is very clean and a super convenient location. There is WI-Fi, tv's in the rooms, clean bathrooms and clean rooms. We had a great stay there. The breakfast is a nice perk and the home stay is right near an ATM which was incredibly useful.
The only thing that I would warn against is booking any excursions through Saj. He booked us into a hotel in another town we had asked about and he ended up sending us to one of his friends' hotels which ended up being VERY expensive (about 90$ U.S. per night with food.) We also booked the elephant tour with him which ended up being 1.5 hour drive EACH WAY to watch elephants take a bath for a out 20 minutes. Total waste of time. If you go to Saj's to sleep I don't think you will be disappointed. It is very clean and convenient. Just be careful booking anything else through him, it's pricey and not worth it.

Room Tip: Pick room 4 - it has a balcony
sajhome, Owner at Sajhome, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you much very much for choosing my tiny home for your stay and it is happy to read your feedback on tripadvisor that you have enjoyed your stay, our room, free wifi access and homely cooked breakfast.

I would like to bring to your kind notice that I had spared my precious time and telephone calls for you to arrange Kodanad elephant trainning camp and Marari beach for ZERO benefit or profit.

I had explained very clearly to you about the distance and time needed to reach Kodanad elephant training camp and the activities there, but sometimes you have ignored it or over heard as I have noticed that you were very arogant character and unfriendly with us, but your friend was very gentle and kind.

It was clearly mentioned to you that Elephants bath will be for 20/30 minutes and I did not offer whole day elephant bath or hours of elephant bath as it is run by Government and it is out of my hand as the mahouts will decide the proceedings there and please note that you have not paid any fees or ticket charges there to view this acitivity and you have only paid the cost the taxi transfer of INR 1200/- for both way ofr 116km to and fro in an air conditioned cab with a English speaking and knowledgeable driver, which is cheaper comapre to the outside rate and I have arranged this trip to hundreds of my past guests, but I do not know how come you have complained that this trip was pricey and why you want misguide other travellers??????

Since you prefered short distance beach from Alleppey and liked to avoid long distance journey to Varkala beach , (it is only 2hr 30 minutes from Alleppey to Varkala) I have suggested Marari beach to you as it was close from Alleppey and which is not a Town, it is small village with clean, calm and quite swimming beach without many tourists and this village is with very few hotels and homestays. The homestay I have suggested to you have charged you INR 3000/night-including all the taxes and breakfast, (It is a utter lie that you have paid USD 90/ngiht). If the room rate INR 3000/night was expensive to you, then you should have not taken a room there upon your arrival or would have checked out on the next day as you have not paid any room advance there.

After your return trip to Kochi, I found time to come to meet you to hear your feedback at next door homestay as there was no room available at Sajhome, but you have not mentioned any complaints to me and both of you were pretty happy with my arrangements, then how you could wrote such a review?

Upon you arrival at Sajhome you were sick with bad stomach as usaual we have done our best efforts and service to you to get a speedy recovery by providing homely food and speacial care, but you forgot these all as you were very rude and rough character.

We do provide a warm welcome, friendly environment, clean room, genuine, professional tourist information and our precious time in preparing local foods for guests to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay at our home.

if there is a complaint from a guest who unsatisfied with our trips or acitivities, we do always refund the moneys also.

Please do not harm people who really care you, treat like you God and love you. This is real cruelty.

Saj N fly

Been to Sajhome? Share your experiences!