I had a very disappointing experinece with this hotel. I was expecting good service as it's part of the Taj's chain.
* I had booked in advance with a note that I'd need a double bed. I found to single beds. They managed to join those on request.
* I had read on Wikitravel, that you persistently get bad fish odour and it's a smelly place. I ignored that at my own pain. The old port is nearby and you feel like staying in a koli-wada
The restaurant and the food and breakfast was very good though. The only plus point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Away from the hustle and bustle, this beautiful hotel overlooks the picturesque sea and tranquil Netravati and Gurupur rivers. Bubbling with energy and with elegant Indian design cues, The Gateway Hotel provides warm hospitable service with a distinct personal touch. All guestrooms at The Gateway Hotel offer spacious comfort and contemporary style. Tastefully appointed and offering guest amenities like international direct dial facility, channel music, colour television with satellite programs and wonderful views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Gateway Hotel Old Port Rd Mangalore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gateway Hotel Mangalore