“Undoubtedly No#1 Resort at Chikmaglur” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Serai

Save Saved
You added The Serai to your Saves list
The Serai
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   B.M. Road | Mugthihalli Post, Chikamagalur 577133, India   |
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Chikamagalur
New Delhi
“Undoubtedly No#1 Resort at Chikmaglur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Though we stayed at a different property in Chikmaglur, visited the Serai for all meals. Place is luxury redefined, amidst lush green surroundings, coffee plantations. Of course quite expensive but if you see the things on offer, the price is worth it. Luxuriously designed villas with private pools. Restaurant has a royal spread for all buffets. Pleasant sitting area in the open , weather was cool in mid April evening also. Looking forward to visiting other properties of this group at Bandipore and Kabini. This is a venture of Café Coffee day which we did not know till we visited this place

Room Tip: The villas nearer the resaturant in summers

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I was there in the year 2011 to celebrate my husbands birthday, and it was a dream celebration for us. I had arranged for a private dinner in the lawn with complete privacy and a perfect ambience. There couldn't have been a better to celebrate my husbands birthday. I was really impressed and came back home with wonderful memories.

Now coming to the villas they were just beautiful well maintained spacious and comfortable. The private pool was so well maintained and clean. Again I was very impressed with the villa.

Now coming to the staff very sincere and friendly staff, a special mention Mallika from the front desk who helped throughout the planning of the celebrations and Mohan from FnB was also very helpful.

Overall I had a good time.

• Stayed April 2013
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just went here last weekend with my family, and we all had really great fun...It is truly romantic, green and perfect place to relax and chill. I really loved the private pool and the sitting area near the pool...Food was also quite good, and staff was highly courteous. Truly appreciate everyone to come up with such a beautiful property...I am exploring other similar options within India...so that I can visit something like this again...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited The Serai, Chikmangalur during the monsoon and everything was extra green. Since the property is situated amidst coffee plantation the greenery added to its charm. I was there on a business trip and I observed that its a perfect weekend getaway for people from Bengaluru and an extremely romantic place for couples to stay in. The place is beautiful, calm, serene and extremely luxurious.
I was staying in one of their cottages with private pool and fantastic views which could be easily admired from the room itself through the large glass windows. The bed was extra soft and the room quite huge.
The hospitality is truly personalised with each staff making you feel very comfortable. Try to eat in their restaurant itself instead of opting for room service. Since the cottages are slightly away from the main area it takes time for them to do things. Liked the buffet at their restaurant.
While staying here do experience their coffee tour after all you are in a coffee growing region. You get good information and at the same time enjoy a nice walk amidst nature in all its glory. We went with Savio and he was quite good. You can also opt for bicycle tours.
Overall a lovely place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bangalorenh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed in The Serai, Chikmaglur from 24th March 2013 to 26th March 2013 for three nights.
Our family - my husband, I and our 6-year-old daughter had a memorable vacation. It is worth every single penny I would say. The estate villa we stayed in had a swimming pool and aesthetically done bedroom and a very spacious bathroom. The property is very well managed. The staff are extremely courteous and ever keen to help. The buffet spread was very lavish though on one day they did not have the full spread and served the main courses on the table. Still, the food was very tasty with a very good dessert spread that pleased my little one a lot. There were no activities for kids which may be because there were not many guests. We didnt bother as the pool was enough distraction for our child. The spa services can improve a lot. I went for a head and shoulder massage and it was very average.

We were a little skeptical initially if this would be a over-hyped place but all our doubts were set to rest as soon as we entered this sprawling property. It is a clear winner.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms near to the restaurant if you had kids or elders traveling with you as it is qu...
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went for a quick weekend getaway to The Serai, Chikamagalur. The drive from Bangalore is overall smooth. Driving time was around 4.5 hours.

Since the rates were on the higher side, my expectations were also heightened when I went there, but I am glad to report that the facilities and the overall experience beat my already high expectations by a fair margin.

We had booked the estate pool villa. Each of these are self-contained villas, which are open (large glass windows) all around, yet provides excellent privacy, owing to the very clever design employed in the laying out of these units.

Each villa comes with its own private pool. Though smallish size, having a private pool offers unique experience, especially for Indian families who tend to be slightly uncomfortable to use a common swimming pool. My 6 six year old did not want to come out of the pool at any time!

The cottages are large, and tastefully designed. The ‘bath area’( it would be unfair to call such a large area as bathroom ) is large, with separate rooms for shower, toilet, a bath tub and an open area shower. Each fitting and materials used etc are of international quality.

Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner are of good quality, though I would have expected the spread to be better - I have had better variety at places that are much less expensive.

Overall, if you want to have a weekend getaway to relax and get pampered, I cannot think of a better option, provided you have a generous budget.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a beautiful cottage with our own swimming pool downstairs, a great place to chill out with the added option of using the large pool in the middle of the hotel. Lovely walks through the coffee plantation, great food, snooker room, and a spa for those who wish to indulge. Loved it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Serai? Share your experiences!