“The real luxurious accommodation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The President Hotel

You added The President Hotel to your Saves list
The President Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #79/8, Diagonal Road | Jayanagar, 3rd Block, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560011, India   |
Kabul, Afghanistan
“The real luxurious accommodation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

If someone wants to experience a great hospitality, best service and luxury residence, then the president hotel is the place to stay.
I really enjoyed staying in the President Hotel. I've stayed in 7 stars hotels but compared to the President Hotel, the service was not as good as I received from the President Hotel. I'm greatful to every member of the group.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ajaypai, General Manager at The President Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your feedback with my staff for the good job done.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The President.

Shreedhar Tantry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here for business for couple of weeks. Room was quite comfortable and staff are very friendly. Couple of good restaurants in the hotel. Breakfast is both continental and Indian buffet. reasonable priced and good location in town. Would return for business but not sure if I would for leisure stayl

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ajaypai, Manager at The President Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for you review. We are delighted to know that you had comfortable stay with us and found our services and facilities as per your liking.

I will share your review with my team.

Looking forward to welcoming back to The President Hotel.

General Managar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Not a very lavish property but aesthetically done up and good for a business traveler. I was booked here for their comfort room and when I arrived they realized it will take 15-20 minutes for the room to be ready. Immediately a senior staff upgraded me to their studio room.
The studio room has a small office room with a kitchenette with microwave, toaster and other utilities.
It also has a work table with a desktop and a couple of sofa chairs. They also immediately came and connected my laptop with their free wi-fi. In fact the facilities were so good that I actually used it for my office work during the day and had a couple of meetings, which I otherwise would have had in the lobby or a cafe. This room also had a small LCD tv panel.
The bedroom also was big enough with bigger LCD tv and tables etc. Complimentary cookies and fruits were there too.
Both the rooms and bathroom were very clean and hygienic.

Morning buffet breakfast had a good spread for a vegetarian like me with tasty food.
Did not use them much for their service, but a couple of requests that I made were quickly met by their friendly staff.
Overall a good boutique business hotel. Very much recommended.

Room Tip: upper floor rooms are good and also if you can spend a little extra try out their studio rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ajaypai, Manager at The President Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your review. We are happy to know that your stay with us was comfortable.

I will share your feedback with my staff for the good job done.

Look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed there in Dec 2nd week. Booked from MMT and everything from start to finish was awesome. Rooms are very well maintained and provided with all the amenities. Booked a Comfort room since i just wanted to spend a day. Checked in at 5 Pm. Room was very nice, a bit small but i guess thats how comfort room were supposed to be. There was a complimentary Fruit basket in the room and 2 bottles of water per day. They have Wi-fi which had very good speed. I disagree with other reviews which say abt slower speed. You tube videos did not buffer, what else u need? TV had all channels, both hindi and english.

They have one of the best varieties of buffet breakfast with both continental and indian dishes.You can get omelettes made to order. Loved it. Bfast was included in the price of room.
Room service was very prompt. No noise issues at all. very good staff and always smiling.

Location of the hotel is very good. 5 mins walking to Jayanagar 4th block market with lot of shopping available. If you interested in buying Silk sarees, 5th block jayanagar is near. Visit angadi silks or Nalli Silks.

MG road to Hotel - 88Rupees (Pre-paid auto)
Hotel to majestic fare -(90 rupees)

Only complaint from the hotel is that i requested for an extra hour of checkout and they wanted me to pay for complete day. They could probably think of becoming little accomodating in this regard. An hour should be manageable when there were rooms available. Anyways, i would not cut any rating point for this.

Room Tip: Room 1109 had very good Wi-fi. Dont miss their breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your review. We are happy to know that your stay was comfortable and as per your liking.

Regarding late check out, we had a busy day and was not able give an extension. For your convenience we are operating our hotel with 24hrs check in and check out.

We regret for the convenience caused. We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Gurgaon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok types, priced much above the quality of it. Although the overall service given by the staff was good but basic checks which should be done before giving a room to anyone was missing. There was no supply of normal water, only thing available was hot water, which was surprising to me. In all not worth the amount which anyone pays to be there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. I have personally investigated the matter to ensure these kind of lapses are not repeated.

We thank you for your feedback. Look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel itself is conveniently located - there are markets nearby, one can easily get a auto-rickshaw. There are two restaurants at the hotel, Gufha on the top floor and one on the ground floor (where they serve breakfast). I've had dinner at both and they're both really good. Room service is quick too. The only negatives are that the WiFi speed isn't good and that the rooms aren't very spacious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your views with our staff to encourage them to keep up the good work.

Look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

If this hotel could be transplanted in the US, it would easily be a 4 star hotel. And the reason I say this is the staff is outstanding! Two that come to mind are Shiv who is a Front Desk trainee who greeted us with a smile EVERY DAY and Nagesh who helped us with arranging for cars and also telling us how to negotiate with the "Auto" (Tuk-tuk) drivers. He also was quick to assist us with anything we needed and went out of his way to help us arrange our weekend plans.

The breakfasts were complimentary and had the exact same offerings almost every day. We often heard to stay away from spicy cuisine so we stayed away from those dishes. Food consisted of plain boiled chicken, boiled eggs, some kind of hot oatmeal, cereals and warm milk. There were also about 12 hot dishes Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian and an omelet stand that made fresh omelets for us as well. Free Juice and coffee was available as well. It was a fairly large buffet. For our beverage we pretty much stayed with the bottled variety. Qua was what they served at dinner and breakfast - it had the best taste. They also provided two free bottles of water every day in the room (blue label) I think it was called Himalayan. But I didn't like the taste of it; there was a harsh mineral taste and I didn't trust it after that. I wondered if it was true bottled water because it was filled to the very top. Always request they open the water in front of you. You want to hear the snap of the plastic top to know it's not old water or tap water. The Qua ran about 95 rupees which was about $1.50 for a liter. There was a small grocery about three blocks away that sold Aqua Fina for about 30 rupees or 50 cents for a liter. We stocked up there for our water or just bought the Qua in the morning. The water was a serious concern for us and we only used the free bottled water (in the blue-labeled bottles) to rinse our faces with or to use for brushing our teeth, but never drank it.

The showers were always nice and hot and there was a rainwater spout in the deluxe room. The shower stall was huge and you could fit four people in there. The odd part was that the door opened up into the shower in the middle and it got the floor wet almost every time.

There are also two distinct restaurants on site. One was called Isys (where the buffet is served) and the other was called Gupta which I'll rate in my next review.

The staff always greeted us like royalty, holding the door for us whenever we entered the lobby or the hotel. They were quick to help us with any need we possibly could have had. We were in the deluxe room which was really spacious with a queen size bed that was very comfortable and nice soft sheets with a high thread count. There was a front sitting area with two chairs and a flat screen tv. Be careful of uneven floors. There was a step into the bathroom and into the shower. I think there was ample room for hanging clothes but not enough for folded clothes. It would have been nice to have an additional set of drawers. But it did have a safe that we used all week. There was a balcony, but we never went out there because the view is not very pretty; an abandoned lot full of garbage. There was also a flat screen across from the bed. Our room didn't have a microwave, but we asked if we could have one, and it was there the next day. They insisted on coming in every day to make over the room and the people who cleaned (always young men) were on their hands and knees scrubbing the floors to make sure the room was immaculate and spotless. In fact the entire hotel had marble floors and walls up to the ceiling and those floors were cleaned and polished at least 3-4 times a week. Many times I would see a small girl on her hands and knees making sure that the steps were spotless. The entire staff at The President treated us like VIPs. When I offered to tip them, they were quick to say no, but I insisted on tipping them. We were told by friends who had been there not to tip them very much. A 20 or 40 cent tip was considered standard. Of course, I made sure that every one there was tipped before we left.

We also like the free wifi. The only hassle is that you have to call down to the front desk to renew the password as it's only good for 20 hours per device. It took us a while to figure out all the lights but everything was available on a switch and there was ample light for the room with plenty of soft pillows.

There is so much marble in this hotel as is there in many of the buildings. When asked why this was so, the natives responded that it's the cheapest way to go. I would recommend this hotel but the neighborhood is quite dirty, that's the only unfortunate part of this hotel. If you can look past that and need a good hotel in this part of Bangalore, I would highly recommend it. The only bad thing about the hotel was there were quite a few power outages. I wasn't sure if that was from the hotel or if that was because of the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front and the rooms were very quiet. I wouldn't worry about room noise from t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to The President Hotel? Share your experiences!