“clean, quiet, superb food and reasonable rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pai Viceroy JC Road

Pai Viceroy JC Road
You added Pai Viceroy JC Road to your Saves list
Pai Viceroy JC Road
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #6, 1st Cross | JC Road (Near Minerva Circle), Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560022, India   |
Ranked #143 of 571 Hotels in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Japan
“clean, quiet, superb food and reasonable rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

Before I begin the review I must mention that there are TWO hotels in Bangalore called Pai Viceroy. The address given here on tripadvisor is for 6 1ST CROSS J.C. ROAD. However, this review is for the Pai Viceroy hotel in Jayanagar, Bangalore, #1504 16th Cross, 9th Main. Please note that at least one of the other excellent reviews refers to its location in Jayanagar, so that review also is about my hotel.
I stayed in the Pai Viceroy, Jayanagar, for just over two weeks at the end of October '07, and I enjoyed every minute. I will definitely be booking here again!
The Pai Viceroy in Jayanagar is the best hotel I have stayed in, in India. Clean, quiet, wonderful pure-vegetarian food, happy, friendly and attentive staff. Free, high-speed wireless internet that was reasonably bug-free, and very reasonable rates, especially given the average cost of a 4-star hotel in Bangalore.
Read some of my other reviews to see that I am not an easy person to please!

Here are a couple of details that you should consider before booking. The hotel rooms are on the small side, with marble floors throughout and marble surfaces to the furnishings. Spotlessly clean, but cold underfoot if you are used to carpeting. There is no bath in the standard room, although there are suites that do contain baths that cost more. There is no mini-bar, coffee machine or room-safe (but the front-desk hotel-safe is free of charge).

My first morning in the hotel I asked for a kettle to be put in my room. When I arrived back at the hotel in the evening, not only had a kettle been delivered, but also an empty mini-refrigerator for my use! This sort of forethought, going one step more than required, is very unusual in India.
Due to a mix-up, a bag of laundry was taken from my room and laundered, without my requesting it. As soon as the hotel realized I had not intended to send laundry on that day they didn't charge me, although I had given my consent to do so.
The food is excellent south-Indian pure-vegetarian cuisine, and is delicious. The restaurant does a roaring trade at lunch-time and is a popular place to eat among knowledgeable locals. Try the Sunday evening buffet on the top floor for superb food and great value.
Given traffic congestion in the center of town outlying hotels are becoming more popular, so if Jayanagar is close to your destination try the Pai Viceroy - you won't be disappointed!

• Liked — Clean and quiet, attentive staff, great food, reasonable rates
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for seven days and didn't want to leave. It was impeccably clean, the staff was amazing and I could find absolutely nothing to complain about! It had excellent wireless internet, close to everything and the breakfast food was excellent. All other food was very Indian with american names- i.e. green salad doesn't have any lettuce in it- but I was still impressed.

• Liked — Very Clean, which is hard to find in India
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

I was a bit dubious about booking this hotel, as the pictures on their website did not match the relatively cheap prices quoted (from Rs 2,400 for single occupancy to 2,800 for double occupancy)

When I arrived at the gorgeous, quiet location in Jayanagar (perfect for business and tourist/shopping alike), I was greeted with a friendly smile, good service and all the assistance I needed with luggage etc. The travel agent had made a mistake with my booking and had me due for the next day (I will be booking direct with the hotel from now on!!!) but they accommodated this with no problem and found me a room.

I was stunned when I got to my rm - the decor is luxureous and very, very comfortable. Huge bed, beautiful wood interiors, marble table, desk and chair, bedside tables with lamps, wardrobe and baggage 'hold' to place you suitcase on for easy access.

The bathroom was head to toe marble, the shower was gorgeous and the little tray of toiletries was a nice touch.

The room service is spot on and the meals are cooked to perfection... plus they are HUGE!!! I ordered the vegetarian thali and only managed about 1/3 of it!!!

The complimentary breakfast is lovely... the restaurant is small and cosy, and the South Indian food on offer for breakfast was just right. Try the masala tea... it's delicious!

Check out was fast and painfree... and the transfer to the airport at 2am was no problem, with a nice Tata Indica taking me there safely and on time.

I recommend this hotel to everyone, as it really is of a first class standard as far as mid-range hotels in India go.

It gets 5* from me, and I look forward to my next stay this coming October.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pai Viceroy JC Road? Share your experiences!