“Great family holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Our Native Village

and 1 more site!
You added Our Native Village to your Saves list
Our Native Village
Hessarghatta | Kodihalli Village, Hessargatta Road, Rural District, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560088, India   |
Ahmedabad, India
“Great family holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our 2nd visit to Our Native Village. What drew us back was the fun family- friendly activities, delicious, interesting menus made from produce grown in their own organic farms and the absolutely melting Ayurvedic massages. The rooms are charming and very comfortable. The staff are warm, friendly, efficient and go the extra distance to make your holiday everything you want it to be! In all, this place hits the spot for families who want to spend quality time together.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Arathi. Thank you for you review. But most of all, thank you for coming back again...like I just told a guest, now you are family and not a guest any more! You hit the right spot too....we are a great resort fro families, as kids get to do stuff that they have never done with all our village games. Of course we have had some really sweet couples coming to enjoy the peace and quiet, and corporates who come to enjoy the 'difference' in us as a resort. But families appreciate us, as it helps them also bond in a manner they do not normally do! It has to do with the positive energy that our land here has....I am sure. God bless you and your family. Hope to see you for a third time soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Far from the maddening crowd! We thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet of this rustic village experience. Enjoyed the forgotten game of gilli danda. The good food, clean rooms and polite staff made this experience awesome. Will come back soon!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Rohini. So happy that you felt your stay with us was good enough for you to say you will come back soon. Pleased do as this is your home now and we are your family!! We always say, the first time you come to our resort, you are a guest. The second time on wards, you are part of the family and not guests, but hosts!! So happy you enjoyed the game of gilli danda. Do come back sooooon!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

If you want to reach "peace and quiet" within an hour's drive from Bengaluru- I think Our Native Village is the place. I've been there several times, and I'm glad to say that it has been new and refreshing each visit. I love the architecture. I loved the food every time. I love the decor and style in the rooms and the restaurant. I like the foliage and flowers, the lily pool. I like the way the sunlight, air and nature comes into the rooms. I've spent late nights (very late nights) hearing the frogs croak by the pool, and early morning watching dragonflies. I've grown up in a "remote" place and am now confined to the city. Our Native Village is my connect with nature, and my childhood. (Rajib Aditya)

Room Tip: Each room has a unique view, but the rooms facing the front are more "leafy"- I prefer roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Rajib, Thank you so much for your review. It is amazing that you say that every visit of yours is refreshing. In the last month I have heard many of our repeat guest s say the same! It is amazing for us, because normally guests go to a resort and then tell themselves that the next time we should go to a resort we have not been to. But increasingly we are finding guests like you coming back several times. This I believe is testimony to the fact that all of us need to go back to simplicity regularly, because we lead such busy complex lives in the corporate world. I am so glad that Our Native Village is becoming symbolic of that simple, cosy, warm place that folks like you want to keep coming back to...welcome back soon Rajib!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have to say this trip was a beauty from arrival to departure! A friend of mine had referred this place to me and because of my love for tradition and culture, I had to try it. The road to this resort is really suburban which goes great with its "native village" theme. Upon check in I was welcomed by friendly, smiling staff who truly made me feel warm. I was directed to my room which I loved. Staying here really felt like I was staying at an oasis, great scenery all around. You can actually taste the freshness of the food and the ground picked vegetables. It's true that there is no TV and no AC but that didn't bother me much. I didn't want TV as I was running away from the chaos of the city; as for the AC, I didn't really need it as the atmosphere was quite acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Mustapha. Thank you for your response, as it warms my heart. Your presence flattered us, as you came to Bangalore just to stay at our resort and then went back to Dubai...wow...thank you. I am particularly glad to see your comments on our food, as my staff was quite nervous serving you Indian food as this was your first trip to India. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you are able to appreciate all that we stand for as a resort...thank you again!
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

how to say this: reservation and pricing management : total confusion. the natural lake is not worth even putting a foot in forget the swim. Rooms are ok. decoration and flowers pathetic, food is terrible. the kerala massage is not worth a single penny, its a nuisance getting rid of the oil. All in all, i had gone there for relaxing day, but it was boring without good food and a lot of confusion even after confirming and calling them thrice. save your money.. go somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Eagle3C. As you swoop down and post nasty stuff about our resort, like the eagles do to our cute little chickens here at the resort, I want to ask who are you?? We don't seem to have any record of you. You claim you came in November 2013, and took 3 months before you remembered 'oh i have not posted anything nasty of late, so lets do it now!!' But why us!!?? It is obvious you were never a guest of ours, as we are in touch with all our guests, and you are not one of them for sure. But why do you do this? Are you a professional who does this for a living, or are you just a unhappy person? I am sad that you picked us, like my hen here is sad that the eagle just picked on her little chick. God bless you!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Revisited Our Native Village with my Parents (wheelchair and slow walker friendly).
It was so nice to sit in the 'quiet' 'peacefulness' of a village atmosphere. Taking mum (75) and dad (78) back down memory lane, when cities used to be like villages today.
Dad, had a lovely massage and steam bath, and we enjoyed breakfast under the 'cool' sun, soaking in the vitamins of the villagements (village elements!!!!!! :-)))
Thanks for a great time, and the food took my parents back to "bellywood". Very accommodating with requests.
They really do make the effort to make a mile look like it was just a few feet!!
Love and Light
Fuzzy

Room Tip: No Fitness centre, but the bikes are good, and one can do yoga with the elements. We didn't nee...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your review Fuzzy Shah. Am glad your parents and you enjoyed our resort. We are particularly sensitive to elderly folks, as their needs are specific. Our resort is also meant to be a trip down memory lane for them as quite often, they regret the fact that the modern world has changed so much. They miss the old world, the quiet, the peace and the green and simple living. All this points to the simple village life most of them have seen and enjoyed. So glad that your parents were able to identify with and enjoy our space. God bless.
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is definitely not what the name suggests or the website promises. As the name " Native Village " suggests we thought of getting a view of trees, lot of greenery, but it looked barren. Although they have few vegetable plants, but there is no such thing as plucking your own vegetables for food as it is too less. Food was delicious and the staffs were good and courteous. Village games were nice, milking the cow was a good experience. There is a natural pond full with algae and dirt, not really sure if an organic slippery pond can bring lot of joy. We were specific about pottery, but it was cancelled.
"Sitting and doing nothing is favourite amongst many" is highlighted in its website, we did the same most of our time as there really was nothing to do.
Most importantly, if you want some village experience, go to a real village , it is not that far from Bangalore( 2 hrs drive ) , you'll see lot more trees, organic farming, cows, farmlands.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Nawneet. Thank you for your review. Not sure who 'over hyped' our resort to you - certainly we did not. What ever we have we have reflected in our website. If folks could go to a 'real village' they would do so. However when they want all the creature comforts and a kiss of an Indian village, they come to us. We never said that we are the real, true Indian village - no one can claim that because an Indian village is an Indian village - something that cannot be completed duplicated for the urbanites like you. Especially if you saw the zoo plankton in our fully natural swimming pool and thought it was dirt and algae, how will folks like you ever be able to go to a real Indian village! And guess what, we are heading into summer, and the natural landscape turns brown! We have the option of continuously watering the grounds and making them green for folks like you because you expect to see green, but we we follow nature and its natural cycles. Mother nature sends you her apologies for being brown!

Been to Our Native Village? Share your experiences!