“A quick getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Our Native Village

Save Saved
You added Our Native Village to your Saves list
Our Native Village
Hessarghatta | Kodihalli Village, Hessargatta Road, Rural District, Bangalore 560088, India   |
“A quick getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

It was an impromptu plan. My friend and I wanted a child friendly yet peaceful getaway not very far from Bangalore. And Our Native Village fitted the bill exactly.
Peaceful, serene, green, calm and child friendly. We had a fantastic and relaxing stay and the kids had lot of fun. We didn't want to come back. We loved the all-natural environment, bullock cart ride and the games.
Staff is warm, friendly and very helpful. Food was good.
Ram Kumar really took care of us. Thank you Ram! A very memorable stay indeed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Shruti. I am so glad you folks decided and came in the last moment, in spite of the fact that 'we did not fit the bill perfectly'!. In fact we do not 'fit the bill' for most people from the outside, only because there is no place like ours - in the sense that no resort that will dare to have rooms without TV's and A/C's, will entertain guests with simple village games, and base its existence on simplicity!. We know the benefit of this and are confident that folks like you - not everyone - will realise it also. Do come back soon with your lovely son!

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had visited this resort along with my family on the long weekend (9th Sep). The resort is built very nicely and it is very difficult to find a place like this within 40 kms from Bangalore. No AC, Fridge, telephone, No TV which is good in one way but we had tough time with my kid who has the habit of watching cartoons atleast for 1 hour (during food).The price is little bit on the higher side and it is worth one time visit.

Having Coffee maker makes more sense for this place as I would not like to walk to the restaurant to have coffee in the early morning. Food is Awesome especially Chicken dishes..Also I heard even Veg are good. Thanks to the chef. One suggestion, It would be good if they can add one more Non Veg dish to their menu so that we don't get bored of eating only chicken in all the meals.

Resort management, starting from House keeping till the founders (Ram and Lalitha) have the same attitude and they mingle with guests very nicely and they are always there to help.
you. Good job!!!!

My kid really enjoyed playing village games especially cycle tyres.

Room Tip: Rooms on First floor had very good view.

CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your suggestion to add on more non veg dishes. In fact starting the month of October, we will have many more dishes, as we launch our a la carte menu for guests to enjoy. We realised from guests like yourself, that our buffet is quite restricting in what every individual wants. Hence our move into a a la carte menu, where everyone has the flexibility to order what ever they want. I am so glad that you appreciate our efforts. Do come back soon to check out the rest of our extended menu!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our family of 3 (my wife, my kid and myself) visited "Our Native Village" for 2 days in the last week of August. We really liked the stay and the staff went out of their way to ensure we had a pleasant experience. Driving to the resort itself is an "adventure". I was very new to that part of Bangalore and it took 45 min to reach the resort from Tumkur road. The drive is very pleasant though and you will pass through some really vast grasslands.
My kid loved running through the vast empty spaces and watching the cows, hens, ducks and birds. Food was great too. The resort organized a Yakshagana performance and we thoroughly enjoyed it. One must also take the nature walk early in the morning conducted by a PHD scholar.
But please note that this resort is only for those who want to getaway from the city and enjoy a peaceful quite stay. The resort does not have a swimming pool, gym etc etc which was ok for me. I am mentioning this so that you set right expectations before you visit the resort.
Overall, we had a great stay and I would definitely visit the resort again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Harsha, we do have a swimming pool - in fact because it is a fully natural pond style swimming pool, you did not notice it for its strengths!! So now you need to come back to swim in it!! And you put it correctly - we re a resort for those who want peace and quiet and for those who want to get away from the city. The city is quite stressful, with its noise and pollution. So glad your kids enjoyed all our farm animals. Thank you so much for your review of our resort. So see you soon in our pool!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I along with my sales team visited ONV.We had a wonderful experience. We could conduct our business in the morning in ONV conference hall and let go ourselves in the evening.
It is such a great pleasure to wake up in the morning at ONV with chirping birds sounding the alarm.The staff is friendly and Food is gourmet's delight.
What more pets are allowed for those pet friendly people with certain guide lines.
In all a real naturally unwinding place.The best compliment I can give is I wish to return again & again ASAP.
BALACHANDRA M N 2013

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
it is truly a compliment to hear a guest say the he wants to come back again!! I am glad to inform you that the chirping sounds of the birds is only getting sweeter...our reception area BulBul has just laid 3 little eggs in its nest next to our reception and we are now awaiting the little chicks, to add to the chirping you heard in the mornings! we welcome all pets, and hope to meet you soon with yours. I am so glad that you and your team enjoyed yourselves at Our native Village.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our Native Village is by far the best earthy experience that we had. We visited it on 7th and 8th Sep and we were pleasantly surprised by our relaxing experience. We intended to have a good feel of village life and get muddy and dirty boots and that's exactly what we did. The game of 'gilli-danda' was exciting as was the cycle tyre race. The warm and friendly hosts taught us how to aim and shoot a hand-held catapult. The lesson in pottery was well worth it and I have my own hand made 'Diya' to light up this Diwali. A cycle ride in the slush and the muddy tracts was a world away from any big city life. The common area was buzzing with local dance in the evening and we danced to our hearts content to the beats of the ethnic drums. The bullock cart rides in the drizzling rain was enchanting. The children enjoyed being around the farm animals, specially the calf. What we missed this time was the milking of the cows. The food was fresh warm and tasty. The hospitality was warm. Mr Ram was gracious to introduce us to his staff and help which is not seen in other resorts. It is important to appreciate them to understand how our stay was so smooth.
This is an Eco-resort to the core. From the building materials used to the solar lighting and recycled water, they have achieved high standards in sustaining the environment.
For those who want to reconnect with the earth, away from the chaos of urban life and relax, this is a nice weekend gate-away for sure. But if you intend to avail the luxuries of modern life, this is not a place for you.

CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am so glad you saw in depth what our concept was all about - an earthy stay, as you described it. I have always acknowledged that we are not a resort for everyone. We are not a resort for those who are seeking 5 start luxury experience. However we are for those seeking a 7 star experience by connecting to the earth, and the simplicity it offers. So happy that you enjoyed it so much!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a wonderful and amazing stay at ONV. Hats off to Ram and Lalitha for a wonderful job, not only in making their guests comfortable but also for creating a true Eco resort for the environment. Our stay was very comfortable, the cultural dance show, yoga and nature walks everything was just perfect. We carried our Digital tabs etc thinking that without TV my daughter will get bored but surprisingly there was no need to even take them out from the bag. Thanks to Lalitha, I perfected my art of making filter coffee. :)

CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am so glad that your digital tab stayed in your bag, especially after you brought it to entertain your daughter! It is so difficult for parents to realise that there is actually a lot we can do to entertain our kids besides TV and digital games. But I guess this will only happen when we take kids to surroundings that can stimulate them enough for them to be entertained. I am glad we proved to be one such place.
Haarlo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I booked a 3 days Ayurvedic package. The massages were great! I had a very good yoga teacher, she taught me yoga step by step. I enjoyed the delicious food and fresh fruit juices. The staff is very friendly. I did not feel like being in a hotel. I felt more being invited in the big home of friends. I had some interesting chats with Ram and Lalitha.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

CB R, Owner at Our Native Village, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We are hoping that people will not feel that they are in a hotel when at Our Native Village. IN fact we always tell people, that if they are looking for a hotel room, then we may not be the best bet. But if they are looking for a different experience that is earthy, close to nature, simple and sincere, then we will be the place to come to. So glad that you enjoyed our place. Come back home fast!!

Been to Our Native Village? Share your experiences!