“Avoid !” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre

You added Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre to your Saves list
Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Allasandra Bellary Rd | Yelahanka, near Jakkur Flying Club, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560 065, India   |
Ranked #115 of 558 Hotels in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Paris, France
“Avoid !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We choose this hotel because it was close to the airport and that we had just a night to spend. Big mistake.
We stayed one night and one day at the royal orchid and were quit disappointed by this hotel.
Our room smelt cigarette, everything looks a bit old and not well maintained.
The breakfast restaurant has very cold atmosphere (sinister)
Staff is ok, no more.
We went to the pool, that's the on incredible part of the picture : there's a large and nice pool but not a single mattress around it, just two chairs and 2 benches
The only positive thing was r lunch at the grill (9 mile ...) which serves good punjabi food but with an average service.
Average is the word for this place.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Excellent service from the staff, specially the general manager. . Extremely courteous & helpful. The break fast was amazing.
The swimming pool size is massive. You can also enjoy the gym & spa.
Room has a great view from higher floors.

Room Tip: try the executive suit. its nice & compact.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Royal orchid r, General Manager at Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us your wonderful feedback about your visit to our property that helps us serve you better. We are happy to learn you had a very good experience with us and it is our constant Endeavour to provide authentic hospitality to all who visit us.

At Royal Orchid Hotels, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. We deeply value your relationship with Royal Orchid Hotels and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Looking forward to welcoming back to serve you again.

Warm Regards

Karri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Royal Orchid,Yelahanka has seen a drastic makeover compared to its original Dominion Resort days.
Nice venue for birthday parties & weddings & also for corporate get togethers.Been to many functions here & enjoyed the ambience.Nice place for family & kids too.Lots of open spaces & pool makes it an ideal getaway.
Food is great too!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ravi S, General Manager at Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We can’t thank you enough for the wonderful and honest feedback on our property. We are happy to serve you and are delighted to know that our food and service proved upto your expectations.

Our gratitude is unending. We look forward to your visit once again. Just to enhance the weekend activities we are adding a whole lot of adventure sports at the resort followed by Paint ball. We look forward to hosting you again. please feel free to call me on 9902000220 for anything you need at the resort.

Kindest Regards

Ravi Singh
Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We got a discounted rate of Rs. 5500 (or ~100$ US) +Tax. That seems steep for India but included WiFi + Breakfast. The internet was good as I got ~5Mb download/upload speeds. The breakfast was good - lot of variety for vegetarians as well as non vegetarians. You get Indian (dosa, vada, upma, paratha etc.), Continental (muffins, pastries), large variety of juices (including unusual ones like cucumber and capsicum), milkshakes and fruits. In the rooms there are many variety of pillows and beds are comfortable.
My first room on the 1st floor was partially renovated - had nice fixtures, renovated hardwood but older paint/wall paper. My second room on 5th floor new wing had a fancy shower and light fixtures. Not all rooms are updated and those that are seem to be only partially updated.
Now the bad:
1. First day at breakfast I got a sealed jam bottle which had fungus on opening.
2. I wanted to just use a recumbent bike in the gymn and was not allowed in because they expect people to come in a track suit to use the gymn (they don't tell you when you make a reservation, nor is it in their instructions - just says suitable clothing). I had to complain to the manager before the attendant would let me in.
3. I realized the real reason they didn't want me in the gymn was because many of the gymn machines were broken. I tried another day when one of the cardio machines which was working previously also stopped working and a new attendant showed and informed me that the gymn was closed.
4. Cable comes with many channels but not in HD which is a dissapointment given the big screen TV's they have in the executive rooms. And many of the channels on the menu are locked out!
5. Service is terrible. I asked for a quiet room when I made the reservation and again when I checked in and they gave me one next to the lawn where they have parties daily. I called to get a quieter one in the night and was told to expect a response within 15 minutes but nobody called back. In the morning I went to get a quieter room and they gave me one in the new wing on the 5th floor. 2 out of 3 nights there have been parties somewhere below which have created so much noise that things shake even in the 5th floor. Guest service is perpetually busy. Receptionist totally unhelpful - said they will investigate to get me off the phone.
6. Laundry is a rip off. The rates are per item - just washing a single shirt costs ~4$ US. And you can get a new pair of undergarments for the money you would pay to get them laundered just once. If you are staying for an extended period there is a reasonable laundry across the street next to the small grocery shop.
7. Restaurants are very expensive. A small coke is Rs60 (~1$ US) in the room but Rs150 (~3$ US) in the cheapest restaurant. Even the very posh Leela hotel nearby has a coffe shop in the Oxford Book Store which is way cheaper than any restaurant in Royal Orchid.
8. There are crowds every morning because of many things they seem to host - so the ambience isn't great.

Bottomline - if you like to sleep or get some work done in a peaceful ambience this is not for you. If you enjoy loud expensive places you may like it.

Room Tip: New wing has parties below which can be very noisy. Old wing has garden parties pretty much daily. N...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Visited Royal Orchid Resorts for a day program with family and friends (10am to 4pm). After a refreshing cup of tea with cookies we went for a swim, which generated a good appetite for a grand luncheon. The Swimming pool was clean and the property had other facilities too for games like Tennis/Table Tennis/Badminton etc. The food was served at 9th Mile dhaba, which was excellent especially the succulent chicken in Hyderabadi style served as one of the starters . The main course had fish masala and Mutton Railway curry, which were both well cooked and tasted heavenly. The highlight was the dessert - Hot Jalebis and Gulab Jamuns followed by the Magai Paan. There was a surprise Birthday cake, provided as complimentary since we were celebrating my mom's Birthday . Being a Sunday there was lot of rush and service was affected in between. This was the only negative. Else it was a great VFM experience. Must make a mention, that the Hotel did not charge for a kid aged 10 and the total cost of the day package was surprisingly very low. Thanks to Mr Ravi for personally attending to us and the friendly staff. I will visit again perhaps on a Saturday so that I can enjoy thoroughly.

Room Tip: Lot of rush on Sunday; so try weekday or Saturday to enjoy this Resort thoroughly
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We can’t thank you enough for the wonderful and honest feedback on our property. We are glad that the food and service proved to your expectations.

Kindest Regards

Ravi Singh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My boss has asked me book a room in Royal Orchid resort for the family get together. As the family stayed in the resort they have lost the gold neck chain in the room. Housekeeping staff has found the chain and handed over to my boss. I am really impressed about the incident and appreciate the excellent work done.

Nanda Kumar
Columbia Asia Hospitals Pvt. Ltd.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We would like to place on record our sincere thank you for the positive comments on our resort. It is very encouraging for our team and we would ensure similar service standards for all guests.
We have awarded the staff with a Certificate and cash price for the honesty displayed.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest & are looking forward to your next visit. If there is anything that would make your stay more comfortable at our resort, please feel free to write to us and we would ensure that the same is implemented.

Wishing you all the very best in your business and personal endeavors.

Warm Regards,

RAVI SINGH
Kanpur, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The rooms are OK. A quick look at the bathroom tells you that it is not well kept. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom fittings are good but there was not enough hot water when I wanted to take a shower at 5:30 PM (4th November, 2012). May be the hotel does not expect anyone to take a shower at this time.

There was a wedding the day we arrived. It was very noisy. I am sure the wedding party was great but I did not get a good night's sleep.

The restaurant (at 5:00 PM) was manned by very unprofessional people. May be it was an odd hour to expect a guest. However, I had been traveling from 5:00 AM and I needed good quality food. The staff very reluctantly asked me to take a seat and offered the only food that they had - a grilled chicken sandwich. It had no taste.

The buffet breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. On two successive days I could not find white bread. The toaster was broken and hence I could not do the toasting. The attendants served it at my table (nicely toasted).

The hotel, ground plus two stories, has no lift (elevator). In case you have arthritis, you should be aware.

Room Tip: In case you have no difficulty climbing stairs take a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for taking the time out to share with us your valuable feedback about your visit to our property, that helps us serve you better. Also would like to mention that your concern regarding hot water,quality of food and your unpleasent is well noted,

We do take your comments seriously and believe in personalized and exceptional service. I personally assure you that you will definitely feel the difference during your future visit with us.

Looking forward to serve you again.

Warm Regards

Karri

Been to Royal Orchid Resort & Convention Centre? Share your experiences!