“Terrible service! Noisy!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Museum Inn

You added Museum Inn to your Saves list
Museum Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #1, Museum Road, | off M G Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560001, India   |
Ranked #145 of 559 Hotels in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
New Delhi
“Terrible service! Noisy!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

This was my first visit to Bangalore. Once I reached the hotel the checkin procedure itself took a suprisingly long time. The room was decent and was facing a busy road. I had pretty much no problems for the first couple of days. However I had ordered my dinner to the room one night. After waiting for about 50 minutes, I called them again and from the tone on his voice, I guessed that I would have to wait even more for my food. After waiting for what seemed an eternity, I finally got my food just to realise in my first bite that it was cold. When I told the person who took my order, he did not seem the least bit apologetic. From that day, I had my dinner in their restaurants and never asked for room service. Also, one more problem that I faced at night was the noise outside on the road. I guess the rooms at the back of the hotel may not have this problem. I quite liked Bangalore on the whole, though the pollution made it a little uncomfortable for me while on the roads and though I may not stay at this hotel, I will definitely be visiting Bangalore again.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

My husband and I ended up at The Museum Inn when our hosts failed to meet us at the airport. We were pleased to find an air conditioned room, a flat screen TV with BBC world and welcoming and helpful staff. We were the only westerners in the hotel which was slightly disconcerting but staff were friendly and attentive. We enjoyed our dinner and breakfast in the roof top restarant. We found the proximity of the hotel to MG road with good shops and walking distance to Cubbon park a pleasant siutation.

Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2005

I had an early arrival flight into Bangalore and had a confirmed booking at the Museum Inn Hotel in Museum Road. When I arrived at around 6:00 a.m. I was told that there were no rooms available and that they had no record of my reservation. I showed them the email from their reservations department confirming my reservation and they became somewhat embarrassed.

It was suggested that I wait in the lobby until a room became available. They could give me no indication of when this would be.

Eventually they offered to find another hotel for me and after some delay I was transported to a rather dingy hotel in one of the back streets of Bangalore.

As this was my first trip to Bangalore I was quite diappointed with my experience.

Fortunately there was a brighter side as my local colleague found me a room in the Chevron Hotel in Infantry Road and this helped to restore my faith in hotels.

Been to Museum Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Museum Inn

Address: #1, Museum Road, | off M G Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560001, India
Location: India > Karnataka > Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Parking Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #145 of 559 Hotels in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Hotel Class:3 star — Museum Inn 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Museum Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Museum Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.