“Amazing amazing amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Bangalore

You added The Ritz-Carlton Bangalore to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Bangalore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Number 99 Residency Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560025, India (Richmond Town)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
INR 1000 hotel credit
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing amazing amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Pick up a thesaurus and look under the word "amazing" and you won't get close to how this hotel made me feel. It is a brand new property in the centre of the city - so new, cab or auto drivers don't know where it is! But this hotel will soon gain a reputation of the best hotel in Bangalore that everyone will know exactly where this hotel is.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, we had our bags taken from us, asked our names, and from there to our room we were served by 6 different people calling us by name. We had such a warm welcome and they made us feel like royalty. When at the hotel we upgraded to a club room, which included club room access and it was definitely worth the extra money. I am used to Hilton Exec rooms and this really puts them all to shame.

The rooms are immaculate, huge and the beds very comfy. Very modern inside with at bed buttons to operate curtains, lights, privacy light etc. Huge TV ( didn't use it) with the bathroom also being huge. The size of the rooms reminded me of suites in places like Vegas. Wonderful toiletries offered, Asprey of London, with a full dental amenity kit too.

The club room is excellent - 6 meal settings breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, h'ors d'oeuvres, dessert and then night time snacks. The room is open 24/7' with alcohol also included during h'ors d'oeuvres. The food in the lounge is excellent and so is the alcohol (including champagne). The staff we came across in the hotel, especially the lounge, were amazing, so attentive and would do anything for us to ensure we were comfy and enjoyed the stay. The level of service really excelled on our last day when I got sick from an upset stomach. The staff went out of their way (without me asking) to give me coconut water and curd rice which really helped me get my energy back. These little extra touches really made this place even more magical.

Overall, an excellent property in Bangalore and very very highly recommended to anyone.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the club level, on a higher floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bangalore, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Adams692,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about the hotel. I am delighted to know that you loved the hotel, our amenities and our service for which the brand stands for. As you captured beautifully our Club Lounge is a distinctive feature of the hotel and our ladies and gentlemen are truly exceptional.

I love reading reviews like yours. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Shane Krige

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

From the moment you sweep up the drive from the streets of Bangalore, this hotel delivers everything it promises from the exterior. The interior design is beautiful-modern and fashionable without losing the Ritz Carlton touch. It's undoubtably a Ritz Carlton hotel and one that it should be very proud of. The staff through the hotel are courteous, engaged and charming. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is too much trouble. The hotel had only been open a few months when we visited and, in chatting to the staff, we felt that they were listening, all of the time, to how their guests were responding to the hotel and no doubt building on their strong launch.

We ate at the restaurant for dinner having had a very lengthy journey and the staff insisted that we have a complimentary dessert as part of their hospitality. Breakfast is a feast, it wants for nothing.

It is perfect and surprisingly, competitively priced.

My only negative point is the entrance, whereby the reception is on the first floor accessed by a lift.

I would recommend this without hesitation and would very much like to return one day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bangalore, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear ADTGP,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to share your valuable feedback with the Trip Advisor community regarding your recent pleasant experiences with us during your stay.

I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback on food, ambience, design and architechture. I am pleased to know that we lived up to your expectations. I also thank you for your kind words of appreciation of services you received from our Ladies & Gentlemen.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

On behalf of our Ladies & Gentlemen, I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I’ve been traveling to South America and Asia for 14 years, by far this was the best experience I ever had. This was my third trip to Bangalore, previous two trips I stayed at Oberoi, which is also nice but wanted to try something different. I stayed at the Ritz from Feb 28 till March 16 with two other colleagues. We arrived at 2:00 am and used Ritz airport pick-up service. Wi-Fi in Taxi with IPAD was cool, checking in process was smooth. I was upgraded to a humongous suite, which was amazing. My room was on 8th floor with view of the pool and UB city.

We tried all 3 restaurants in the Ritz. All 3 are very good, wanting to come back and try other items on menu. Lantern is very good, has outside sitting area. Riwaz, Indian restaurant is very good and rich in flavors, menu items are from different part of India.

The list of people to recognize is too long, but there are few folks who just stand out. Mohan Singh from Housekeeping, takes his work very seriously, very passionate about Ritz Carlton. Once I inquired about mangoes, and he went out his ways and got some mangoes for me and my colleague to try, what a guy. Amy from the Market, she is always there with her bright smile, after few days she knew exactly what we wanted for breakfast. Nilesh Singh, Manager of Food and Beverage, was always ready to assist in any way he can. Rahul Pavithran, sales manager, made sure every single part of reservation was completed as requested. These four along with entire staff will be main reason I will be coming back to Bangalore and will definitely stay at Ritz, business or pleasure trip.

Overall I was extremely satisfied with my stay, and have recommended this hotel to other colleagues and friends.

Room Tip: For best view, choose upper level rooms with pool view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Dharmendra,

Thank you for taking the time out and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am also glad to learn that you have dined at The Market, Riwaz and The Lantern and have enjoyed the specialties that each serves . Feedback like yours is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen, I will recognize them all, for providing excellent guest service.

Once again I thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Dined here few days back and had a wonderful evening.the food was amazing with an exceptional suggestions and service by rita.she made us feel so special.my clients were so amazed with the services. Infact they want to have food in lantern at least once whenever they come back to india.all the best ritz keep it up

• Stayed March 2014
ShaneKrige, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Bangalore, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Koolscorp,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful evening with your clients at The Lantern. In a very short time Lantern has become the favourite of our local guests and visitors. Feedback like your is very encouraging to our ladies and gentlemen, I will recognize Rita for providing excellent guest service.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is my second time in Bangalore and this time I stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The first time i stayed at the Leela Palace, I was there in January 2014. The Leela Palace was stunning but the location wasn’t that great.

I looked at 3 hotels, the Oberoi,the Ritz Carlton and the Leela Palace. Since i’ll be travelling to Bangalore for work frequently i wanted to make sure i picked the perfect hotel and sure enough the Ritz Carlton was perfect.

The Ritz Carlton is located in the centre of everything, walking distance to great shopping, restaurants and cafes.

My colleague and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton March 7 - March 21, 2014. We arrived early in the morning, around 4am. The check in was no problem, it was quick and easy. The next day we were greeted with a bouquet of flowers from Neeha of reservations. Neeha is one of the reasons why i will come back to this hotel.

Our room was on the 15th floor, the room was stunning, very modern and spacious. However,
our view wasn’t as pleasing because the building across from us was doing some construction work and since the hotel is only 6 months old, some areas are still under construction but that was the least of our worry, the outstanding service and the friendly staff made up for it, especially the staff members from the Club Lounge. A special shout out to Claire, Swapna, Krystall and Akash. They made our stay very special. They are the epitome of the Ritz Carlton motto “We are ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen”.

The Ritz has 3 restaurants but we mostly ate at The Market that offers international cuisine and ate at the Lantern which is the Chinese restaurant once, the food is amazing and if you like you like dim sum then you’ll have to try the Lantern.

The 5th floor is the Wellness floor where you’ll find the spa, the fitness centre and the rooftop pool. The spa has a wet and dry sauna, the fitness centre is equipped with state of the art machines and personal trainers at your disposal. The pool area was very nice, the beds in the pool area are very cozy and comfortable.

If you are travelling to Bangalore on business or pleasure i would highly recommend the Ritz Carlton. It is worth every penny. I would definitely choose this hotel again when i come back in 3 months.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Elpidio,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. As you know we strive to always provide the finest personal service to our guests, it is always gratifying to read such wonderful comments about our ladies and gentlemen. We will provide recognition to Neha, Claire, Swapna, Krystall and Akash for their commitment to service.

Thanking you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Ritz was absolutely amazing. My friend captured it all when he said "What a high bar to set for the entire hospitality industry in India!". This is a beautifully designed and built hotel. In fact, in all nine days that I stayed here, I did not experience all that the Ritz Bangalore has to offer! I have to go back, soon.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Murali,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased to know that you liked the hotel design and architecture, the hotel is home to 1,280 art pieces from Indian and international artists which adds to its ambiance. This hotel is definitely one of the finest that I have worked with. The Ritz-Carlton brand is globally known for its service and I am glad we lived up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to experience our F&B and Spa which is world class.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Fantastic ambiance, the service is a class apart, the food is great. I visit there often for business - it feels nice to host a meeting or even get some work done at the lobby lounge. Being on different floors the entrance and getting to the lobby is a little bit of a question mark, but the service cover it all up.

Room Tip: While getting to Ritz, the road being a one way - one may miss the entrance. So Cash Pharmacy is you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Savita,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to anticipate and fulfill your needs. I feel very fortunate to work with outstanding ladies and gentlemen who can understand the requirements of our guests and provide bespoke service. I thank you one again for sharing your experience with the travel community and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Shane Krige

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Bangalore? Share your experiences!