“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St Mark's Hotel

You added St Mark's Hotel to your Saves list
St Mark's Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 / 1, St Marks Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560001, India (Richmond Town)   |
Special Offer
Christmas&Newyear Package
gurgaon
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Rooms are very well cleaned. Furnishing are very good.

Travel desk support is good.

Staff is decent and helpful. Check in & check out is quick.

I had Breakfast & Dinner, variety and taste is very good.

Very well located in the heart of city.

Overall, good value.

Room Tip: Nice place to stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon, VP & GM at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Bangalore and it was our pleasure to have been of service to you.

We appreciate your short and sweet review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy to note that our city centre location was an advantage to you and that overall you had a very comfortable stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

Email: gm@stmarkshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Dear Fellow Travelers,
St. Marks is an excellent hotel with professional staff and beautiful rooms. We spent one night in a suite here during November 2013. Our late arrival meant we arrived at the restaurant after the main trade had been completed. The restaurant was disappointing for us with poor service and many misunderstandings. The food, however, was excellent and the chefs are to be commended.

The following morning St. Marks (upon request) had arranged for a driver to service a sight seeing tour . He had picked us up from the airport the previous night and proved to be very professional, courteous, skillful, friendly and at a good price. If you need a driver consider requesting one through the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,VP & GM at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time off to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to note that you found the hotel excellent with beautiful rooms and great food. Your compliments to our travel desk driver Dhanasekhar has been passed on to him. We are disappointed to note that the service at the restaurant did not live up to your expectations.Be rest assured that we have taken the necessary corrective measures.The restaurant team is keen to showcase a much improved performance on your next visit.We truly appreciate you bringing this shortcoming to our notice.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Four star hotel. Not too large, not too small. Attentive staff and fantastic buffet breakfasts. This hotel did a major remodel a few years ago and "nailed it." Location is near downtown. This is my favorite for Bangalore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon, VP & GM at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We consider it a privilege to have you stay with us each time you come to Bangalore! We shall certainly celebrate your 7th visit ,when you plan your next visit to our hotel.It is very thoughtful of you to take time off to post a very nice review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you find the renovation at the hotel has been done to perfection! Your compliments to the kitchen team for the excellent breakfast buffet and the attentive service is well appreciated.

Be rest assured that we will continue our best efforts to remain your favourite hotel at Bangalore.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Made me feel at home away from home, strongly recommend it!!! Super clean, great cuisine and the staff wast just the nicest I have ever meet, they really made me feel special! If it is your first time in India you must stay at this hotel, basic, great location, with Indian style accommodation but occidental facilities that welcome you to this side of the world. Do not miss it, you will love it.

Room Tip: Best location and the service just makes you feel at home
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,Vice President & General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Ms.Leticia,

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and thank you for posting an awesome review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is indeed great to note that you felt completely at home at the hotel with our associates leaving a lasting impression on you.They make all the difference to the guest experience at our hotel.Thank you for the kind words and the same has been passed on to them.

We look forward to your next visit.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Another great stay at St. Marks.

Each time I come back, I try to put my finger on why I like it so much, and it always comes down to the fact that the staff truly care about their guests.

I stayed over the weekend this time and had the Saturday night vegetarian buffet, which was outstanding. I commented that I had never had one of the dishes before anywhere, loved it and wanted to know how to cook it. By the time I left I had the recipe for that and another I'd mentioned, all scaled down to domestic portions - thanks Chef Vimal. Another example of going the extra mile.

Will definitely be staying next time I come to Bangalore.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,Vice President & General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always such a pleasure when your guests repeat their visits! Delighted to see that you had yet another memorable stay with us. Thank you for posting one more fabulous review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Chef Vimal and team were thrilled to see your feedback and send you their gratitude.Such heart warming comments do help everyone to go that extra mile for sure!

Thank you again and we shall always try our best to remain your favourite hotel at Bangalore.

St. Mark's Hotel
Bangalore,India.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you are not staying at this hotel then you are missing the boat!
I have traveled to Bangalore 3 times for business and this is my first time at this hotel. It was recommended to me by a coworker and I couldn't be more pleased.
The accommodations are top notch! The room is beautifully decorated and the features in the bathroom are excellent. The bed and pillows are fantastic, better than home.
The daily breakfast is awesome and has a fine mix of western and Indian food, made to order omelets, fresh juice, baked goods. Disclaimer: You'll gain weight during your staying here!
There is a lovely (i don't know what that other reviewer was complaining about) workout room. They have 2 Precor treadmills and 1 Precor elliptical as well as a stationary bike, weight machine and free weights. It's plenty big and much nicer than other hotel gyms I've tried to use. Hotels do not need to be known for their in house workout facilities.

Get ready for the biggest reason to stay here: The customer service is AMAZING. I kid you not you will be treated like a king and/or queen during your stay. Every person working at this hotel is friendly and accommodating. I have never expected or experienced service this good, especially not in the United States.

Please come visit my new friends at St. Mark's if you're traveling to BLR. Experience this good is worth sharing.

Dear Guest,

We consider it a privilege to have had the opportunity of hosting you at St.Mark's ! Our sincere thanks to your colleague who recommended you to stay with us.It is very thoughtful of you to post such a wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is great to note that you found the accommodation top notch with very comfortable rooms and excellent furniture and fixtures.Your compliments on the food at the hotel has been passed on to the kitchen team.Very glad that the gym helped you to keep your weight under check!

Our associates at the hotel are indeed the stars in the show and I always feel very privileged to be working with such a wonderful team! Your observations are truly inspirational and is sure to go a long way in keeping all of us highly motivated.

Thank you once again for your high recommendation of our hotel to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to your next stay with us.

St. Mark's Hotel
Bangalore,India.

Ashland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

As usual, I expected to stay for about 2 weeks in Bangalore. This time though I wanted to see if could find a hotel that I would consider first-class if I had found it in New York, San Francisco, or London. I was tired of the compromises made by other hotels in Bangalore. I explained their oversights, their innumerable mistakes in service, their peremptory discourtesies, their unstable electrical outlets (which, it seemed, would fall out of the wall if you but frowned at them) as the tortured frustrations that any 3rd world city's hotels must encounter in overcoming inexperience, the difficulty of training staff, the unavailability of top-grade materials, the inability to keep food fresh due to load-shedding, and so on. I decided on St. Mark's because of its location (not far from Cubbon Park, close to Chinnaswamy Stadium, the British Library, many good restaurants). The moment I walked into the hotel I was greeted with courtesy, yet with dignified restraint - a quality I would point to even in the decor of the lobby, the hotel's bar and restaurants, on its top-floor terrace, and in my room. Hotel staff, from the doorman to the front office clerk to housekeeping staff, greeted me warmly. There were a few times when I was quite confused about where to go; someone was there to offer assistance and in the most supportive manner show the way. Indian cuisine in the restaurant was unusually delicious and did not ride heavy on my stomach for hours afterward; Western cuisine actually tasted as if it had been prepared by a skilled Western chef. Breakfast buffet was excellent, with a very wide range of dishes. One of my favorite treats from room service was a bowl of warm, roasted cashews; they also would serve a dish of raw peanuts. I was delighted to learn a good deal about St. Mark's, and about life in South India, when the Front Office Manager, Mr. Sanjay Singh, invited me to join him for dinner one night in their excellent "Curry with a K" restaurant; he also introduced me to their Vice President, JP Menon. I can recall only one hotel where I have seen this extended to an ordinary businessman. It is the sort of hospitality that I had thought was reserved for those who had reserved the finest suite in the hotel. My room was very well-appointed. All of the joins (seams) between marble slabs were expertly finished. The shower was spacious, well-lit, and featured an overhead "rain" nozzle; I mentioned one morning that the drain was slow, and it was fixed swiftly. Lights were expertly placed, and their switching, unlike almost every Indian hotel room I've stayed in, was intuitively correct. When I mentioned this to Mr. Menon, he said that when they refurbished the hotel in 2011, they applied feedback they had received from several years. Every aspect of the hotel shines: decor, service, comfort, courtesy, follow-through. I hope there is a room available here the next time I come to Bangalore - I will take it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StMarksHotel, JP Menon,Vice President & General Manager at St Mark's Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Mr.John,

We were plain lucky that you chose to check us out! It gives us so much satisfaction to see that you had a delightful stay with us.We sincerely thank you for the generous appreciation you have showered on our hotel through TripAdvisor.

It is a constant endeavour at St.Mark's to provide each of our guests with personalised service and the team at the hotel is really thrilled to see that their genuine efforts are so well appreciated. You could'nt have rewarded us better!A big "Thank you" from all at St.Mark's.

You certainly are a keen observer and we are glad to note that you found the workmanship and attention to details at our renovated hotel,caters perfectly to the needs of a business traveller.

We thank you once again for such an encouraging review and promise to strive continuosly to remain your first choice,whenever you travel to The Garden City.

Email: gm@stmarkshotel.com

Been to St Mark's Hotel? Share your experiences!