“Awesome Buffet Lunch!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Save Saved
You added Hotel Royal Orchid to your Saves list
Hotel Royal Orchid
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Golf Avenue | Off Old Airport Rd, Adjoining KGA Golf Course, Bangalore 560008, India   |
Ranked #172 of 551 hotels in Bangalore
Guwahati, India
“Awesome Buffet Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place is excellent provided your company is paying! Situated off the once-calm Intermediate Ring Road, this Hotel is located very close to all the corporate houses of the Embassy Golf Links Business Park as well as the ones on Wind-Tunnel Road(provided you know the shortcuts well!).

Visit during the day and you won't miss the awesome buffet lunch, what with its piping hot starters - yummy soups, assorted kebabs, pasta as well as a vast assortment of salads both veg and non-veg. The main course lives up to expectations well and the dessert is plainly awesome!

Aside, I have heard that the cafeteria is great too, especially in the evenings, but I have never gotten a chance to visit the cafeteria. Plus I know this is a business hotel, and I have never stayed here, so I have no idea how the accommodation is here. The food though, is great!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Nora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Much appreciated the garden and roof top pool. Nice to have breakfast outdoors if so you want. Helpful staff. Surprisingly quite for being so close to a main street. Will go back here next time - have stayed at fancier but less relaxing hotels in Bangalore.

• Stayed October 2011
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, September 24, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us.

This is the best motivation we can use. I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement.

Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's the first hotel I tried in India.
Compared witht the hotel in China, the price is higher than that of 5-star hotel in China, the facility in room is that of 3-star hotel in China. Typical India style breakfast, besides many sause, no much chooice. I also tried the Chinese restruant in floor C, but it is also in India style. No hot water for shower in room. All the staffs have very good attitude. Bu they forgot my taxi drop to airport, even I had double confirmed it in the morning of same day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at our Coffee Shop and our Asian Restaurant with regards to food.

Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here with family. The first thing that struck us, and stayed throughout, was the slack in service ... they just did not try enough. We requested for a room with a view of the golf course. We were given a room number, and then it they changed it. Once we got to the room, we realized that this was quite far from the golf course, the earlier room number would have been much closer. We asked the steward to check. So he calls the front desk asking if any closer room was available and then softly adds “its ok if it is not there” in the local language. The room was ok, did not feel 5-star. Bathroom fixtures were quite out-dated. The bed and pillows were awesome … the right stiffness. They had a ‘pillow menu’, which was a first for us … but it turned out that these were really small pillow with fragrance … still something different. They did not have everything available… eg: I had to call them up to get a toothpaste. But the high part of our stay was the food. Both the restaurants were awesome. Limelight had a very good spread. Several starters, entrees, desserts … everything tasty. Ginseng was quite authentic … we went for the Teppanyaki. Again the service at the table was a little delayed. The rooftop swimming pool is really nice, but not really ‘temperature controlled’ I thought. The overall experience was definitely good … just a little bit of that effort is required on their service. We did ‘expect more’ than this :-)

Room Tip: I think the lower odd numbers (1, 3, 5 ...) would be facing the golf course.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, September 15, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us In spite of a few glitches.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just checked in today and I have never had such a disastrous start to my stay before.

I walk in the closet to hang in my suit and bunch of mosquitoes come out and start flying all over the room. Next I go for a shower and there is no hot water. After 4 complaints , 1 room change , finally I manage to get what I would called at best luke warm water . And the worst, the towels had yellow stains on them, just disgusting.

Terrible first day. I have yet to see anything close to 3 star service. I hope it gets better rest of the week and I can see some glimpse of 5 star hotel that it claims.

Will update the review at the end of the stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, August 28, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at the room during check in.

Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Royal Orchid now for about 4,5 weeks (I am in India for a business trip) and I think the title of this review say's it all! The Hotel is very good and the food also. For breakfast as well as for diner I have had a lot of options to choose from and I was always very satisfied!

The personal working here are excellent and very, very friendly and helpful! One example: One day I got unfortunately sick and all of the personel really take care about me!

Big Thanks to this personal. You have made my trip very comfortable! Without disregards someone special thank to Puneet and Jaffer from the Limelight Restaurant and to Neha from the front office!

Unfortunately I have to leave next week but I will enjoy my remaining time at your hotel and if I ever come back to Bangalore, I will stay at Royal Orchid again.

Sascha Schmidt

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Hotel has an excellent people working here, so kind and happy they make our traveler in India so nice and quite.
Very nice place, good lobby.
Breakfast full of good options.
Have a nice gym room with good support.
I intend to return back in November or December

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Hari Sukumar

Been to Hotel Royal Orchid? Share your experiences!