“Disastrous start” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal Orchid

Save Saved
You added Hotel Royal Orchid to your Saves list
Hotel Royal Orchid
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Golf Avenue | Off Old Airport Rd, Adjoining KGA Golf Course, Bangalore 560008, India   |
Ranked #172 of 551 hotels in Bangalore
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Disastrous start”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just checked in today and I have never had such a disastrous start to my stay before.

I walk in the closet to hang in my suit and bunch of mosquitoes come out and start flying all over the room. Next I go for a shower and there is no hot water. After 4 complaints , 1 room change , finally I manage to get what I would called at best luke warm water . And the worst, the towels had yellow stains on them, just disgusting.

Terrible first day. I have yet to see anything close to 3 star service. I hope it gets better rest of the week and I can see some glimpse of 5 star hotel that it claims.

Will update the review at the end of the stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, August 28, 2012

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We note with regret the negative experience you have had at the room during check in.
Please accept our apology. The issue has been addressed with concerned department manager and request you to treat this as an exception to our usual standards.

We are determined to make a positive impact the next time around, and we sincerely seek another opportunity to serve you.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Royal Orchid soon.

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Royal Orchid now for about 4,5 weeks (I am in India for a business trip) and I think the title of this review say's it all! The Hotel is very good and the food also. For breakfast as well as for diner I have had a lot of options to choose from and I was always very satisfied!

The personal working here are excellent and very, very friendly and helpful! One example: One day I got unfortunately sick and all of the personel really take care about me!

Big Thanks to this personal. You have made my trip very comfortable! Without disregards someone special thank to Puneet and Jaffer from the Limelight Restaurant and to Neha from the front office!

Unfortunately I have to leave next week but I will enjoy my remaining time at your hotel and if I ever come back to Bangalore, I will stay at Royal Orchid again.

Sascha Schmidt

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Greetings of the day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Hotel has an excellent people working here, so kind and happy they make our traveler in India so nice and quite.
Very nice place, good lobby.
Breakfast full of good options.
Have a nice gym room with good support.
I intend to return back in November or December

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed several times at Royal Orchid. I enjoyed to see better service and improvement each time . The staff and services are excellent and my warm recommendation for everybody to use this hotel. I am tarveling around a world and overal looking thsi is very comfortable place to stay. I am feeling happy each time to stay here and meet these nice and friendly people.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !

Hyderabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at royal orchid and i could say this was one of the very memoriable stay and it makes memoriable because of staff and their hospitality. I was very Happy when I got warm welcoming by reception. My last moment room request is been taken care by upgrading my room and it was prompt too. i had some other request too which also been taken care.

Rooms needs an improvment but when first impression is best you avoid all this and that is hospitality. I would like to thanks neha to full feel my request and make my stay comfirtable.

I will come back to this hotel on Oct.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Been staying at Royal Orchid since 2005. Lots of improvement seen over the years. Upon arrival you are greeted with friendly doorman and front staff. A specially thanks to Hari ensuring occupant's pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings of the Day from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !!

Firstly, thank you for the Lovely Comments about the Hotel Being "Home away from Home".

This is the most valuable comment for any Hotel and we are very happy you find us so.

Thank you and Hope to welcome you personally on your next visit.

God Speed and Safe Travels !!

Best Wishes,
Varberg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just came back home from my first visit in India and business trip in Bangalore. My stay at Royal Orchid made my two weeks very comfortable.

It was close to the office.
Quiet, since not situated directly at the mainroad.
Several food options. Sometimes special themes.
Very service minded and friendly, from top management to all staff.
Great music at Geoffrey's (The bar).

I know were to stay on my next trip

/Lars

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GMHROBangalore, General Manager at Hotel Royal Orchid, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Royal Orchid Bangalore !

Hari Sukumar

Been to Hotel Royal Orchid? Share your experiences!