“Good but expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru

You added JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24/1 Vittal Mallya Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560001, India (Richmond Town)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early & get 20% Off
Mumbai
“Good but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel once last year. While the overall experience was ok, there was a considerable delay in getting the right fare (corporate fare that my company gets). I had to wait at the reception for over 30 minutes.
Rooms and food was in line with JW standards but found it a bit expensive.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to post this review on the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I appreciate the fact that you faced a considerable delay during check-in and I apologize for the inconvenience. We will certainly look at addressing this issue and I request you to mail me at parul.thakur@marriott.com to enable us to get a better understanding of your grievance. I am glad you enjoyed the room and dining facilities and can assure you of a more memorable experience on your next visit to the JW Marriott, Bengaluru.
Parul Thakur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The ambience is modern and the rooms are spacious. Service is excellent. However, there is not much of variation in the breakfast. Food is quite good - mainly tried the Indian, either at the buffet or at Spice Garden, manned by Chef Jolly. However, was disappointed by the Saag Ghost - it was not cooked well, seemed like boiled mutton dished up in common Palak Paneer gravy; was expecting slow cooked mutton in tender spinach leaves, as indicated in their menu. But the staff was kind enough to waive the charges, when I mentioned that I did not like the dish.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the room and the service at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. Your comments certainly motivate us to keep up the hard work and continue to provide service synonymous with the JW Marriott brand. I apologize for the inconvenience you faced during your dinner at Spice Terrace. At our poolside Indian restaurant, we take great pride in crafting a menu tailor made to suit the preferences of our patrons and I apologize if the cuisine on offer failed to meet your expectations. I do look forward to welcoming you back and can assure you of a unique experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru.
Darien, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the J W Marriott, Bengaluru (Feb 2014) and what a pleasant surprise it was to see that this hotel finally opening as a fine world class business hotel with all the amenities and facilities that a business person would want in a convenient location. The staff is highly trained to cater to the sophisticated and demanding guests mostly from high tech industry…though I must say that this staff was equally receptive to the demands of casual guests that we happened to be. Since the hotel was not fully opened, we could not fully experience the services at the Concierge Lounge as Platinum members. Having breakfast at the restaurant is a must because of the immaculate service and willingness to serve any dish one craves for.

The hotel makes guests feel welcome as soon as one puts first step into the hotel with big smiles from hostess like Nazia…….the smile that blossomed until the day of our departure. The patience of Front Office Executive Ms. Jhanavi Dave was remarkable in that she tried to make us feel at home and mobilized all the services and resources that would make our stay pleasant and memorable…..including spoiling us with frequent treats of fine chocolates and flowers in our room. And finally Mr. Shrawan in the restaurant was delightfully ever ready to cater to our every fancy in the morning at the breakfast. It is difficult to express our gratitude to these and other fine members of the staff at this hotel for the wonderful service and memorable experience except conveying to the General Manager that these people are reasons for making J W marriott our destination hotel in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Amir,
It feels wonderful to receive such positive feedback from esteemed guests such as yourself and I want to thank you for taking the time to post this review on your experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the amenities and JW Signature Service on offer. We truly believe that the people are the backbone of our organization and your words only reinforce this belief. I will certainly be sure to pass on the compliments to Nazia, Jhanavi, Shrawan and our fabulous team of associates! You will also be happy to know that our Executive Lounge that offers an exclusive space to our guests to unwind with panoramic views is now open and I look forward to us getting the opportunity to serve you very soon in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This new luxury hotel has all to offer...from cuisine to luxurious rooms. The hotel keeps up the standards of a JW brand. Just next to the the UB city which has all the entertainment available for a traveler. Nice hotel to stay in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Cubbon Park have a good view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Harsh,
We appreciate you taking the time to post your valuable feedback on your experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. It is wonderful to learn you enjoyed your stay and the amenities and facilities matched your expectations of the JW Brand. Indeed with our central location in the heart of the business district and overlooking the beautiful Cubbon Park, we strive to cater to the needs of both business and leisure travellers. I eagerly look forward to your next visit to our hotel and can assure you of another delightful stay!
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed couple nights in March on long layover. Hotel is new, less than 1 year old. Rooms great with balcony view over pool. Great pool with outdoor bar. Breakfast meets 5star expectations as does rest of hotel. The bakery has a museum like display of artistic cakes. Hotel provided high end airport transfer via BMW and provided a driver to tour the area and later to visit Hard Rock Cafe. Highly recommend. Only let down was the hotel tried to arrange golf for us but the local clubs demanded a handicap card which we do not need nor have to play golf in the US. Later we drove by the course and it was along side a busy street, and appeared very busy. The condition didn't appear even up to an average public course in the US, so we are not heartbroken. And we appreciate how hard the hotel staff tried to get us in. The staff at JW Bengaluru are amazing. They learned our name and talked with us each time we visited the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
It is indeed heartening to wake up to such a positive review on a Monday morning and I appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Indeed we are a relatively new property and our hotel also marks the entry of the first JW brand in South India. At the JW Marriott we strive towards providing all our guests with world class facilities and trademark service synonymous with the brand and it is wonderful to know you enjoyed the experience. It is unfortunate that you did not get a chance to play golf here in Bengaluru however we will ensure we make note of your preferences and do our best for your next visit!I eagerly look forward to welcoming you back to another memorable experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The JW Bangalore is a restful retreat amid a busy bustling city. The staff are attentive, the rooms clean, the food delicious. We had four very restful nights, with turndown service, fabulous breakfast buffet, and hotel cars and drivers ready for your every need. Wifi was fast, bathroom was clean, towels were extra large! Lots of bottled water in the room! Great location, as we walked to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner one night. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Laura,
I am grateful to you for taking the time to post this review on your experience at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru. Great to know you enjoyed your stay and found the amenities and facilities to your satisfaction. Our location in the heart of Bengaluru adjacent to Cubbon Park does indeed prove beneficial to both business and leisure travelers and I am glad you found our Central Business District location convenient. I eagerly look forward to your next visit to Bengaluru and hope we get the pleasure of serving you once again!
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is the second time I'm staying at this property. I gave it 4 stars last time cause a lot of the facilities were closed during their soft start but this time i'm giving it all 5 stars! I stayed for 4 nights and the staff and the facilities were amazing. Even though it had been 5 months since I was last at this hotel, one of the restaurant managers Christopher still remembered my name! On the last day of our visit, he made us a special breakfast to thank us for staying at the hotel. I also have to thank Krishnappa at the JW Kitchen and Rajesh at the Bar for doing a spectacular job!

I also got to enjoy their amazing spa, Jacuzzi and their pool during my stay. Everything about this facility was nice! I would highly recommend this hotel and their staff. The only negative feedback I can provide is the attention to detail with some of the fixtures in the room. The lamp and some of other fixtures in my restroom were slightly crooked. But overall, that can't affect the fact that this was a 5 star stay and the hotel deserves to be recognized for it!! Thanks!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Parul T, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Jonathan,
I thank you for your review and it is wonderful to have you back with us for another memorable stay at the JW Marriott, Bengaluru! I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities on offer and particularly pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the intuitive JW Service we endeavor to provide all our treasured guests with. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to my great team of associates who strive to ensure that our guests feel at home when they stay at the JW Marriott. I will certainly look into your feedback and can assure you that the room and appointments will exceed your expectations on your next visit. I thank you once again for your time and kind words!
Parul Thakur

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru? Share your experiences!