“Even bad is better in comparision to Kabab Studio - Coraltree” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Tree

You added Coral Tree to your Saves list
Coral Tree
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   166, MLA Layout, 80 Feet Road, R T Nagar Main Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560032, India   |
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Even bad is better in comparision to Kabab Studio - Coraltree”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Kabab Studio - Coraltree (R T Nagar) the creepiest hotel I have ever visited on 08th Aug 2012. The staffs are really disgraceful as well as the receptionist. We went with our office team of 15 person and they billed us for 16. They said we are 16...as if we don't know our team members and we don't know how many were with us. I asked for the CCTV footage to count the person & they were unable to show that. The most ridiculous & disgraceful staffs make it even more badly. While booking they told for corporate people we give 10% straight discount but while paying they said they don't have any information of such kind and asking for the person's name who has given this information. Lesson learnt: when you query for discount in this hotel take the person's bio-data who is giving you the information. Initially we booked table for 20 person but some guys couldn't make it so we went off a count of 15. While billing they said you booked for 20 and you are 15 now how will we give discount and all stupid excuses. As if we were 21 then the 21th person will be served free. Lesson learnt: If you book for 20 in this hotel gather 20 person (if anyone is unable to join you) and go or else they will charge you fine.

Now let's come to food...What to tell...Chicken Dum biriyani seems to be 10 days old. Chicken was as hard as rock. Other items were below average and not worth of Rs.731. We have opted this restaurant in place of Barbeque Nation as all of us live nearby to this hotel and we were hell lot of disappointed.

Only word coming into my mind for them was..Unprofessional, disgraceful, ridiculous.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at coral tree bengaluru for about 8 days, booked in on the 2 May 2012, had 2 rooms, but was never informed that breakfast is included. We booked through a third party, yes he was informed, but we stayed there, none of the staff ever mentioned regarding breakfast. Staff should be more welcoming and a little concerned about the guest. We missed breakfast at least 7 days, which cost us extra.
Rooms a bit congested, but overall good.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at coral tree for eight days and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I felt welcomed and at home. The highlight was the restaurant, both for breakfast and dinner. The room was clean. I have recommended the hotel to my colleagues and will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Hadya s, General Manager at Coral Tree, responded to this review, January 28, 2014

Greetings from Hotel Coraltree, Bangalore!!!

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at Coraltree, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the rooms, food at, and our staff !

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you to your satisfaction.

I am delighted to note that you found our service impeccable. The entire team is happy to read such a motivating review from you, which I am certain, will help us to strive even further for excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel rooms are neat and clean. Small yet functional. I got the room at rock bottom prices from a travel website and must say that I got what I paid for. The washroom was a bit unclean, but the complaint was promptly handled by the staff. Food is edible. The rooms are small compared to other hotels but enough for 1 or 2 people. If you have kids along, then seek a bigger room. The only drawback is the smell of fish if you use the staircase. If you are the one who travels by elevators, then need not worry about it. The two restaurants - Kudla and Kabab studio are worth a try with the Kudla being a must visit. Kudla has a bar as well for all those who want a beer before hitting the sack. The only drawback is the location - slightly away from the city centre but its well connected by local transport. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed almost the same.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Cpraltree, Bangalore!!!

Amit Kumar Srivastava
Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed here for two nights
Like - clean, good beds very nice food
Dis-like - Walls too think (could hear everyone & everything)

Room Tip: Higher & corner rooms are better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Exceptional service, clean rooms, good food, good locality, reasonably priced.
My only regret is that I hadn't found this place sooner!

I'll definitely be recommending this hotel to family and friends

Google really needs to fix the location of this their map, it's off by half a kilometre

• Stayed June 2012

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The property is good but not all that spacious. I did not like the location. While making the reservationi had clearly informed that i needed the room at 9am till 6pm as it was an ealy check in made sure the were informed. But on my arrival my room was not ready untill 10:30am had to wait for long. We just needed the room to get some nice sleep, they cut us shot on our time and when we got our room and were peacefully sleeping we were disturbed by a waiter who came with a bill for what we had not ordered.

Other wise the room was good comfortable and worth the money i paid. The room had everything they promised online. had a short stay so cannot say much. All i say is it could have been better.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Coral Tree? Share your experiences!