“Flawless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield

You added Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield to your Saves list
Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8th Road, Plot No 75, EPIP Area | Whitefield, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560066, India   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early & get 20% Off
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The only thing that one can complain about with this hotel is the non delivery of my breakfast request on the first day. That was nothing in comparison to what the hotel did for me for the rest of my trip. They were so helpful and welcoming it was a pleasure to stay with them.
I would highly recommend this place and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

thank you so much for your very kind review. i am happy to note the team was able to recover from the bump in your stay at the start. I apologise for this. We have worked really hard to try and be the best hotel in the city and this type of encouragement pushes us to strive for perfection. Can I just say we love the title of you review!! Thank you!! I hope to see you soon.

Kind regards

Matthew Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Bangalore is a frequent stop for me, so I was anticipating a stay at the new Marriott. Clearly they have the 5 star market in their sights and are off to a great start - the rooms are clearly up to the standards of the Marriott brand, brand new, fresh and clean, with very comfortable beds and baths that are up to the high end of Asian standards. Wide screen TV with good programming coverage, excellent internet connectivity (wired and wireless), and adequate telephones including speakerphone for late night conference calls back home.

Breakfast buffet is outstanding (an Indian hotel that actually knows how to cook bacon), with many choices in different cuisines. Lunch and dinner buffets also up there with the top tier in Bangalore. The Italian restaurant is a work in progress, good by the book, but certainly not what would find in Europe or the USA in that category. Good pool, have yet to sample the spa. Workout facilities are good.

The location is excellent for me , walking distance to my office, though not recommended for the faint of heart. It's good for a business stay but the lack of other options in Whitefield can be an issue (there are more than there used to be but old Airport Rd. or downtown have more options). InOrbit mall next door is handy if utilitarian.

Service is attentive even by Indian standards - as an American I think they could back off just a touch - but you'll seldom feel ignored.

Compared to other options in the area, this is definitely one of the top 2.

Room Tip: Higher floors will be quieter - this place does a lot of event business and there is a mall next doo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review of our property. It certainly warms our heart to see that our guests appreciate the hard work that has gone into preparing this hotel for opening. It inspires to be so much better. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here in August with family. The customer service and overall feel and location was great. There is a mall attached to the hotel with a good food court and restaurants. There was some construction going on next door to pool area which is outdoor was noisy. Restaurant was good and breakfast was excellent. There was problem with my room when we checked in but it was resolved fairly quickly. The only complain I have is that when you call them and speak to thier customer service they were very unprofessional which I found to be strange for a Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our new hotel. I appreciate your very kind comments and would certainly like to hear more about the "Customer Service Call" you are mentioning. If you would be so kind to reach out to me via email I would happy to connect and receive your detailed feedback. Please reach me on matthew.cooper@marriott.com.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel to stay if you are in the Whitefield area. Hotel is brand new and rooms are fresh and clean. When traveling in India, it is best to stick to hotels less than 2 years in age on average. They tend to deteriorate extremely fast. Service is good , Food & Beverage is also of good standard. Not luxury 5 star but good quality.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for very detailed review of our new hotel. Your positive comments go a long way in reinforcing to my team of great associates and hosts that we are on the right track.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on matthew.cooper@marriott.com.

Kindest regards.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel, so whilst there are inevitably a few teething issues, the hotel is comfortable, the food is good and the staff very friendly and helpful. My only slight complaint (and I'm English, so it's probably me!) is that I could do with a little less interaction at breakfast but full marks to the chefs for checkingin with their customers.

As ever in Bangalore, you always need to remember that even in the middle of the night and/or early in the morning, it will take you at least an hour from the airport (and a lot more if it;s raining or rush hour). This means that having good restaurants is a must for any hotel and the Marriott does pretty well in this area.

There is also a shopping mall attached to the hotel which has several decent places to eat, a grocery store and the usual Levi/Wrangler/Nike array of shops.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for very detailed review of our new hotel. I am looking forward to your next stay to see if we can achieve the ultimate 5 star rating from you.

Kindest regards.

Lake Jackson, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Bangalore Marriott Whitefield on two occasions, for a total of more than 4 weeks. Of course the Marriott has all the amenities you would expect, including comfortable rooms, a fabulous breakfast buffet, an outdoor swimming pool and a gym with first class equipment. The thing that really sets the Marriott Whitefield apart from anywhere else we have stayed is the level of service.

Stepping from the chaos that is Bangalore, we walked in to the calm of the Marriott. Every day we were greeted at the door by the welcoming smiles of Anuradha, Sunshine, Champa or Amanda. Stepping to the front desk,Paddy, Utsah, Sonia, Florence, Nutan or Durgesh would welcome us by name. Every morning we enjoyed the greetings of Sushmita, Shalini or Needhu at the M Cafe. At the tables we enjoyed the service of Ritu, Santu, Shi Kuma and Pal. Chefs Rohan, Vivekananda and Saurabh would stop by our table to make sure any special requests we had were fulfilled, or to recommend something special from the kitchen. Several times they brought us small samples of Indian breakfast dishes. We also had the pleasure of having dinner here. The food is as always, incredible. Every day the housekeeping staff would do a great job making up our room, often leaving the towel animals that everyone is familiar with. Our special thanks to Julie and Roger for their work in making up the room.

We have several examples of how the level of service amazed us. After eating at a local restaurant, my wife became ill during the first trip to India, to the point where she had to call for the doctor to come to the Marriott. Dhatchayani, one of the “At your service” area employees, spent the entire day at my wife’s bedside while I was at work, making sure that she had whatever she needed. Linakshi, the head of housekeeping and Chef Rohan came to the room personally to make sure my wife had everything she needed. Chef Rohan suggested some suitable foods that would not further upset my wife’s system, and had those prepared and brought to the room. The Marriott employees even sent two floral arrangements, one of which was a dozen roses, to our room.

In case you wonder how far up the ladder this commitment to service goes, we have another example. My wife and her friend were having some difficulty getting the outside taxis to take them to the stores and sights they wanted to see. My wife’s friend’s husband brought this to the attention of the General Manager Matthew Cooper. Matt’s solution was simple. He said “I’m not using my car and driver tomorrow, so why don’t we have him drive the ladies around town and let them shop till they drop!” This was without charge, of course! I have never met the GM at another hotel, much less had him offer the services of his personal car and driver for the day.

We spent many evening in the Executive Lounge enjoying the food and beverages and the service of Lohith, Latish, Arijit and Nakro. We felt as if we were in our home, while visiting with them. They also helped us to arrange a trip to the Movie Theater.

Matt approached me during the second stay at the Marriott Whitefield and let me know that the Marriott could arrange for a trip to see the Taj Mahal in Agra if I had two days to commit to the trip. My wife was in South Korea at the time. My wife and I decided this was too good to pass up. I told Matt that my wife would fly from Korea to Bangalore and then to Delhi to see the Taj Mahal. Matt asked his “go to guy” Glen to set up the trip, and when my wife arrived to upgrade us to a suite at the Marriott Whitefield. Glen also arranged for my wife to be greeted with a bouquet of roses. Glen arranged for the room at the Marriott in Gurgaon, the airport transfers and the driver and tour guide for the Taj Mahal. Glen also offered to set up the flights from Bangalore to Delhi, but due to the variety in costs and schedule, I did this myself. The whole trip was fabulous.

We cannot possibly list or remember all the names of the people at the Marriott Whitefield who made our stay so special – but we want to say thanks to you all.

If you are in Bangalore and need a hotel in the Whitefield area, stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Wow!! What a stellar review!! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such an exhaustive review. I am so proud of the associates you mentioned and I will be sure to celebrate the great work they have done for you.

I hope we get the chance to host you again very soon.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We live in Bangalore and went to this property for a weekend get away. The staff was very courteous and took great care of us. The breakfast is just amazing! We would go there for a weekend stay again.

The location however for a weekend getaway is less than ideal. There aren't a lot of places around the hotel to explore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield? Share your experiences!