“Restaurant is great looking but service and food is average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield

Save Saved
You added Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield to your Saves list
Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8th Road, Plot No 75, EPIP Area | Whitefield, Bangalore 560066, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3 for 2 - One Night On Us
Ranked #15 of 551 hotels in Bangalore
india
“Restaurant is great looking but service and food is average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Perhaps it is new and one can writeoff on the food and service front and assume that it will get better. But after requesting service so many times, it seems it is lack of training. Buffet spread is attractive but the taste is Ok. There is no one there to help - would be nice for someone to be there explaining. On top finding plates is not easy - they are hidden underneath - one has to bend and get it. I think the GM should do a walk thru and determine what all needs to change.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review. Unfortunately we did not live up to your or my expectations on this occasion but I promise we will do better next time. I have sent you an offline email asking for specific feedback and would love to touch base with you to see how we can go from average to excellent in your opinion. I am sure you have seen the glowing reviews of many others so you will see that this was surely an anomaly and we can repair our reputation in your eyes with another chance. Please email me on matthew.cooper@marriott.com as I would very much like to speak to you.

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

2013年2月に出来たばかりとかで綺麗で、スタッフも非常に親切で処理も迅速です。日本食はありませんが、朝食には中華のお粥や麺類あり。部屋にスリッパあり。NHKは入りません。
They say this hotel opened February 2013, so hotel is very modern and clean. Staff is very kind and action is prompt. Slipper is provided in room.

Room Tip: どの部屋も眺めは変わらないと思います。I think view from room may not be different from room location.
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for the very positive review!!! I look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been waiting for this property to open for quite some time. I am so glad the wait is over - and it was so worth it.

I stayed within the first 3 weeks of its operation. At that point, you would think they have been open for years. The team members from the front desk to the restaurant to the room cleaners knew what they were doing and made my stay very comfortable.

I had an early morning (2am) arrival. I recommend contacting the hotel and arranging for their car if you have that option. The transfer was very smooth and even when I was checking in at 3 in the morning, the process was efficient. Not a lot of wasted time as the agents know it is late and we just want to get to bed.

The room - very nice. A tad on the spartan side (could use some art on the walls or something to give it some depth) but overall a standard Marriott room. Bed is typical Marriott with comfortable linens adding the India-typical firm mattress. Regardless, I got 5 solid nights of sleep. The WiFi was also pretty good. I was never kicked off (unlike many other India properties I have stayed in) and I was able to download a couple shows from iTunes in about an hour (which I deem as acceptable in a hotel with shared internet service).

Bathroom - Also very nice. There is a large glass window that allows you to look out into the bedroom but you can close the blinds. That being said - not a lot of counter space. The counter is long but narrow. I was able to put all my stuff there but I had to spread it out since it wasn't very deep. The shower was also adequate with good water pressure.

Gym - Heads towards one of the best hotel gyms I have experienced in the world. World-class equipment in a setting that supports a good workout. Plenty of mirrors to watch your form with space to move around and not trip over other people. Heaviest dumbbell weight was 50 lbs which is OK for a hotel. Also plenty of machines to hit all areas of your body. They definitely did not spare any expense in outfitting the gym.

Restaurant - I only had breakfast in the main cafe, but it was pretty good. They offer a standard American-style buffet with a good mix of foods from various cultures. Eggs, pancakes, etc all made to order. The coffee in the restaurant was a tad on the weak side but you can't expect much from a hotel that has to cater to so many different cultures. That being said, the coffee shop on the other side of the lobby made a GREAT latte so that more than made up for it.

All in all, I will definitely be back. I can tell this property will be very popular with all of the tech firms in the area and I can foresee a lot of sold-out nights. That being said, this is definitely one of my new "homes" when I am in India (but you never know with the new JW Marriott due to open in the next month or so).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the great feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to critique your stay and I would like to advise of a few adjustments we are making due to this feedback. I have just had the Illy Espresso team come in and revisit the training for breakfast coffee service. I have also asked our Gym team to purchase some heavier weights for the gym to aid in your workout. It is your new home so we want to make sure you are comfortable. I look forward to hosting your next stay "Brilliantly"!!

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am one of the group of IBMers who stayed at the hotel for its first few weeks of operation. While there were some very minor new building / start-up problems, overall, it was the best hotel stay of my life.

The hotel is beautiful, my room was superb, and the food was excellent. But what was best was the outstanding staff. Perhaps some of it is Indian culture, but I think the hotel has hired the best and set a high level of expectation for good service. No one on the staff was ever less than friendly and completely helpful. I have never before been treated so well.

(Let me comment that I have no status with Marriott at all - I had always stayed at a competing chain, but the Marriott's close proximity to IBM was too good to ignore.)

At the risk of missing many names (I think all deserve praise), I wanted to cite a few: (1) Housekeeping: Ashok and Balvinder have done an outstanding job of tending my room. The room was always "brand new" - and on several occasions they left nice little touches for me (flowers, or decorative animals made from fresh towels). (2) Restaurant: It was always a pleasure to be greeted by the cheery face of Needhu. The servers (usually Diljit or Santu) were very attentive to all my wants. The chefs (particularly Vivekananda, who prepared some special food for me, and also Rohan) did a fabulous job. (3) Arijit Bose and Prashant L. was amazing - they make feel like a royal guest. I'd also like to thank Navin - and there's one more young man whose name I didn't recall (looks a bit like "TinTin" in the old French story books - very cheerful, hair "sticks up" a bit in front). (4) In addition to general manager Matthew Cooper, all the managers were fabulously helpful. I'd like to thank in particular Front Office Manger Glen Dsouza for his great assistance every day, Varun Pandit from the restaurant, and many others whose names I have forgotten or never learned.

(The Front Desk was great too - unfortunately I didn't learn their names. The Security team at the front door and the gate were friendly and helpful as well.)

Once again, my congratulations on the opening - I hope and expect that the hotel will be a great success - and my thanks for to all your staff for a wonderful stay.

Dear Mr Lindauer,

What a simply stellar way to start the day. It really inspires my people to greatness to hear such amazing feedback from our guests. I am sure my competition will be coming after the associates you mentioned to get them to come and work for them! I cant wait for you to come back and I will ensure that Marriott is your choice not simply from a location perspective. Once again THANK YOU!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great hotel with a wonderful service! Food was great. Staff is doing everything to make it a fantastic stay. I found the pool only ony last day... Looks nice.
I will definitively come back on my next business visit to Bangalore

• Stayed March 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I know our Hosts loved having you here. Please let me know when you next come back and I would love to arrange a lunch or dinner by the pool for you. It is simply amazing up there.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I had buffet lunch @ Marriot Whitefield ,Bangalore last wk.It started recently and lucky to have team lunch.The conference hall was so big with all facilities.Hotel interior is luxurious and excellent.Lunch buffet was so good with melting mutton curry ,hats off to chef!

• Stayed February 2013
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

You certainly know how to brighten a chefs day!!!! Thank you so much for the time you took to write this review. My team and I are so excited to read your lovely words and thank you so much for posting about your experience of our amazing breakfast buffet. I am so glad you enjoyed your lunch and we cannot wait to "host you brilliantly" again soon.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at the Bengaluru Marriott a couple of weeks after it had been opened. Overall (as expected) the hotel was in perfect shape. My room was clean and comfortable. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. I had dinner in the buffet restaurant, food quality and selection was good. The only minus comes from automatically interpreting an order of water in the restaurant to mean "imported and very expensive European water". Hotel has also excellent cars available for transportation. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Matthew C, General Manager at Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

It mean so much to my team to read such outstanding commendations about the work they have done to get ready for our guests. I thank you for taking the time to write about us. I will have my Director of Food and Beverage retrain our team in regards to the water service and I hope you will accept my apology for this. I also hope you contact me before your next stay at matthew.cooper@marriott.com soii may look after you further.

We are looking forward to hosting you brilliantly again soon.

Kind regards

Matthew Cooper

Been to Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield? Share your experiences!