“Fabulous experience” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mass Residency
No.18, 2nd Main Road, 11th A Cross, 3rd Phase J.P.Nagar, Bangalore 560078, India   |
Ranked #2 of 327 Bangalore B&B and Inns
Vernon, Canada
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We only stayed one night before catching a flight to Jaipur, and REALLY regretted not staying longer. We had booked on the recommendation of fellow travellers whom we met in Singapore who had had a wonderful experience with the brothers. Our taxi driver had problems finding the residence, but no problem--we gave him the phone number to call, and Syd drove out to meet us on his motorcycle and escorted the taxi to the door. We were immediately welcomed into the residence, taken on a walking tour of the neighbourhood, introduced to a wonderful restaurant nearby...and to top it all off, the room was clean and comfortable. Next time we go to India, we will seriously consider flying in and out of Bangalore because this would be a great place to become acclimatised. I have absolutely no hesitation in giving the Mass Residency a 100% grade in hospitality.

Room Tip: make sure you have their phone number so you can call and ask for directions!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent our time in Mass Residency as a large group, and we were all impressed by the friendly and comfortable experience. Shoaib and Shakir are fun, friendly and helpful hosts going the extra mile to make sure you are having a good time and aren't getting lost or confused in the new city.

Very very highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Perfect hostel- clean, great location, excellent service but most of all it's run by the two nicest guys who are really interesting and will do anything to make your stay perfect.
I would recommend it to anyone- couples, groups of friends, or single travellers. It's really quiet and close to all the sights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I loved the hospitality and the personalized service that the owners of Mass Residency provided. They showed me the album of all their guests and they remember each one by name! They were so helpful and helped me and my friends find our way around Bangalore free of charge!! The rooms had free wifi, were very clean and comfortable. I stayed on the main floor near the lounge area and it was very quiet.
I highly recommend this place to stay especially if it is your first time visiting India. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Well after traveling for some time in India we were very happy to find Mass residency. It was clean, cosy and in a very good location, but well that's what you expect from a good b&b. But Sid and Shakir made the difference and provided us with the best tips, great indian food and gave us a deep insight in Indian culture. They even explain us the Cricket rools, which by the way tells a lot about indian mentality...so we definitely would come back if we're heading for india again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The guys here go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. I had a personal tour which was great fun as well as some chill time watching bollywood films with the hosts. The rooms are clean and good value

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Mass residency was my first stop in India as well as my last two months later. Sid and Shakir went above and beyond what the typical hostel owner would do for their customers. They showed us around the local area, took us shopping, and shared an abundance of knowledge with us about India, life and Bollywood. The gave us help and advice, assisted in organizing food, taxi's and bus's out of Bangalore.

Mass Residency was also my last stop out of India and after realizing I lost my passport there was no where I would have rather been in that situation. They assisted me with the preparations I had to make to get my passport back and tried very hard to calm me down haha. In the end I was so glad to be there and I would love to return again someday. These brothers are about as genuine as it gets! It may be a bit pricey compared to some spots, but I stayed in a lot of those spots so trust me when I say this is an excellent value, especially if its your first time to India. Thanks for everything!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mass Residency? Share your experiences!