“Very good hotel downtown Bangalore” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi, Bangalore

You added The Oberoi, Bangalore to your Saves list
The Oberoi, Bangalore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37-39,Mahatma Gandhi Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560001, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary WiFi
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very good hotel downtown Bangalore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is my first time ever in an Oberoi hotel. I did not enjoy my communication with my usual Hyatt hotel in the area, so I switched to the Oberoi.

The hotel is right in the middle of MG road. There are 2 small shopping malls near by. There are McDonald and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee shop to offer foods and drinks. Mark & Spenser for some shopping. Apart from that there is nothing of note.

The traffic is horrible. I might choose to stay further out of town to avoid this traffic headache.

The service is very good. The staffs were very helpful and polite. The room was very good, even though the decor is not my style. The room was very clean too. Each room has a butler. Mine is very nice and helpful. But I rarely ask anything off him.

The restaurant were good. The breakfast was good with nice selection. The bar was nice to sit and read. However, you can get a bit disturb by other guests who smoke upwind.

Overall, it's a very nice hotel. But the traffic might keep me from going back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore in July 2013 and also for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are also grateful for your positive review of our service, restaurants and breakfast.

Whilst I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the traffic, I request you to please let this not mar your decision to stay with us during your future visits to Bangalore.

With regards to your feedback on the décor of the room, I am pleased to inform that in November 2012 we launched the new Luxury rooms – a new generation product combining modern technology and luxury, that also have elegant interiors and furnishings along with wired and wireless internet . We also introduced Oberoi E’nhance - a luxury innovation which allows a guest to navigate a whole host of in room features and amenities through an iPad which is synergized with a smart television.

In our endeavour to ensure that we provide our guests facilities and services they have come to expect of us, we have started the last phase of renovation covering the balance section of the hotel, which will be completed by 15th October 2013. We do hope our new product will surpass your expectations.

My team and I hope that our hotel is your preferred "home" in Bangalore and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have stayed at most of the oberoi luxury hotels, wildflower in shimla to vanyavilas in ranthambore to udaivilas in udaipur. This was our first experience in a oberoi business hotel and once again it was a memorable one. I would give 10 stars to chef Arup for his culinary skills and shashank for his great ideas.
Its the hospitality that makes the oberoi an outstanding hotel from the rest.
Thank You.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having your family and you stay at The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore this month.

We cannot thank you enough for sharing your compliments with the Trip Advisor community.

I am delighted to note that you found our hotel ‘Outstanding’ and I am particularly pleased to read your compliments on some gestures made by Shashank and Chef. Arup that contributed to your impression. It is our constant endeavour to deliver excellent services and appreciation such as yours that increase our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We are grateful to you once again for your appreciative feedback and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Bombay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here for a conference for 3-4 nights and "green" was the lasting impression that I took with me. Massive gardens, I still can't get over this one tree which continues to amaze me with it's girth and span. The rooms luxurious still had a warm, homely feel and the balcony overlooking more gardens was a great place to sip tea and do nothing. Of course being in a conference I could do so only once!

Food is the one thing I did not enjoy - seems more tailored for an international audience. Nothing bad in particular but just not great.

Nice staff, great location - just outside the metro station and next door to a busy shopping and dining district.

Much recommended

Room Tip: Get a garden view room. A must!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for sharing your compliments on our rooms, service, gardens and our location.

With regards to your comments on our food, please do accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. May I assure you that kitchen team has been briefed on your feedback and we do hope to surpass your expectations during your future visits to our hotel.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore, we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. It is feedback such as yours, which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions and goes a long way in helping us improve our services.

My team and I hope to showcase an improvement on your next visit so that our hotel can become your preferred "home" in Bangalore!

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bangalore.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I often stay at The Oberoi in Bangalore and I would not doubt to announce it as one of the most luxurious and beautiful properties in Bangalore. Their rooms are state of the art with everything from room lights, airconditioning, doors, music and television being controlled with the click on your personal i-pad. The staff is friendly, and the rooms with their unique balconies offer an excellent view of the garden or the pool!
Keep it up is all I would say!

Room Tip: Personally I prefer rooms closer to the elevator, since they offer a better view of the garden or th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We sincerely appreciate your positive observations regarding our rooms, gardens and the pool. Also, your compliments on our hotel being ‘one of the most luxurious and beautiful properties in Bangalore’ is truly a honour for us.

It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with highest levels of comfort and hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We are also grateful for you kind words of appreciation on our renovated rooms. It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services and products that our guests have come to expect from us.

We value your support and patronage over the years and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I like my stay in this hotel. I enjoyed my evenings in my nice balcony with view of amazing garden. Rooms are excellent and service is exemplary. Food is of the highest quality and the best you can get in the city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the rooms and gardens.

I am delighted to note that you found our service exemplary and the quality of our food the best in Bangalore. The entire team is happy to read such a motivating review from you, which I am certain will help us to strive even further for excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

The Oberoi

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the best place to stay in Bangalore. The service rendered is par excellent - the attention to minute details win you over completely - the staff goes the extra mile to ensure one is at home & comfortable eg: my shaving gel was almost finished & when I returned from work there was a new gel tube replacing same. I would stay here only every time i am in Bangalore if rooms are available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during on your recent visit to Bangalore.

I am delighted to note that you found our service excellent. The entire team is happy to read such a motivating review from you, which I am certain will help us to strive even further for excellence.

Please do feel free to contact me with regards to any of your requirement at The Oberoi, Bangalore. It would be my pleasure to assist you

The Oberoi

Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

One of the best hotels in Bangalore. Rooms are excellent and service is exemplary. Food is of the highest quality and the best you can get in the city.

My only concern is getting a booking in the hotel. I always used to try to book this hotel in Bangalore, but almost never got a booking due to rooms being not available.Was told as some of the rooms are getting refurbished. This was till end of 2012. Have now even stopped trying to book in this hotel. Hoping all the rooms are available now.

Given an option and choice, would definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

We thank you for choosing The Oberoi during your visit to Bangalore in October 2012 and also for posting such an inspiring review on Trip Advisor.

It was indeed a delight to have been of service to you.

We are delighted to note that our services, food and facilities were to your satisfaction. It is our utmost focus at The Oberoi to provide our guests with personalised services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Our chefs were also happy to note that you found the quality of our food the best in the city. Thank you indeed for this compliment.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused with regards to your booking. Due to the ongoing renovation, our room inventory had dropped and thus the non-availability of accommodation. Please let me know whenever you travel to Bangalore. I would be happy to assist you with your reservation and any of your other requirement at The Oberoi, Bangalore.

The team and I look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Huvida Marshall

Huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Been to The Oberoi, Bangalore? Share your experiences!