“Marvellous Marvels” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 551 hotels in Bangalore
Delhi
“Marvellous Marvels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Polo Club offers live entertainment in the evenings in terms of a wonderful solo band who strum your favourite tunes each evening amongst flickering candle light and quaint lamps. The bar also doubles up as a perfect venue to meet up with a few friends or colleagues for an informal drink and fine cocktails or over gourmet teas, perfectly brewed coffees and some delicious tea time specialties from our Boulangerie. Some unique offers are Assam white tea, Hibiscus infusion and Chinese green tea.
on the whole it is an outstanding hotel .. i will give 9.5 points out of 10 for this hotel..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we are happy to read your compliments on Polo Club. We are also delighted to note that you found our hotel outstanding.

We sincerely appreciate your rating of our hotel and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The building itself is designed to take advantage of Bangalore's (usually!) lovely weather: outdoor covered walkways to rooms and restaurants; every room has a balcony facting the pool and gardens, shaded by a magnificent old tree. I believe the hotel is about 60 years old, and it has been lovingly maintained. The guest rooms and common areas are comfortable and gracious. The staff are superb: friendly and courteous, they not only respond swifly and efficiently to any request, they also anticipate "needs" before you're aware of them yourself (see earlier reviews re. book marks, shaving cream, etc.). And they accomplish all this without hovering unnecessarily or intruding when not appropriate. I always look forward to staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your appreciate comments regarding your stay at The Oberoi, Bangalore. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

We are happy to read your wonderful words of appreciation and encouragement for our team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner Your feedback is truly inspiring and make us proud of our team members.

The team is happy to know that you would return to The Oberoi, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Been there a couple of times. The highlights:

- Friendly staff, amazing service, as usual from the Oberoi. I was having a meeting at their conference room and the moment I arrived, the first thing I listened was: Welcome to the Oberoi, how can I help you? I told them about my team and she immediately took me the conference room, offered me something to drink and some refreshing towels.

- Pool & Grounds: Nice place to spend the weekend. Big enough for swimming. Beautiful gardens.

-Restaurant: they have a tai restaurant that serves seafood. Delicious. Even some important people from Bangalore itself goes to have dinner in this one. 100% recommendable

- Lobby: It looks classic. Is following the same pattern of decoration like the oberoi in Delhi: Classic with some indian touches.

- Location: Excellent. In central Bangalore.

Overall: Excellent

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you during your stay with us in October 2011.

We are delighted to learn that you found our product, food and service to your satisfaction.

The team and I thank you for your time and for sharing your compliments on Trip Advisor. Your compliments will go a long way to motivate the team to continue deliver a high level of service to our guests.
I thank you once again for your appreciative feedback about your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed at the Oberoi Bangalore this week. POssibly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service, the staff and the attention to details are uncomparable. The quality of room, comfort level and the food are outstanding. At one point, the room service noticed that I was running low on shaving foam and on their own accord made a can of shaving foam available to me complementary along with a kind note. They noticed that I was reading books and first left a book mark in the book and then gifted me a complementary metal book mark. This is Indian hospitality at its best. Thank you to the staff at Oberoi Bangalore.

Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor .

We are happy to note that our room and food outstanding.

I have conveyed your gracious compliments to the team who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore, it is our constant endeavour to deliver best services and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

We hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice this year and the service is the best I have ever seen. I usually arrive around 1 AM tired, but they personally greet you at the door with freshly made juice and walk you directly to your room and check you in quickly so you can rest. The staff is always friendly and quick to pick up on your needs. During my last trip my luggage was delayed and the staff took care of picking up my luggage for me. To top it off, the flip flops I had broke which was the only pair of shoes I had until my luggage would arrive. The staff quickly sent my broken flip flop to a cobbler and it was fixed within 30 mins while I was relaxing at the hotel restaurant. They have exceptional service. As the other reviewers have stated, it is an older hotel but it is currently under renovation. I look forward to my next visit to The Oberoi Bangalore.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your views about your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore.

I am happy to note that you found our service the best. Thank you indeed for this review!

We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are grateful for your support and patronage and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Bangalore and to The Oberoi.

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Oberoi chain is always very good and this was no exception. It was nice to have an older hotel with a comfortable fee, and large public spaces. The food was exceptional and reasonably priced. Along with other commentators I can only commend the wonderful service and the attitude of the staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore we are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of service and it is appreciation such as yours which keeps us motivated and help us in delivering our best.

Thank you for your support to The Oberoi Group and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is one of my favorite business hotels anywhere. Part of it has to do with the hotel being in the heart of bustling Bangalore and offering an oasis from the chaos outside. But it is a great hotel in every way. The building is a bit older so there's more wear and tear, and doesn't have the more modern design/layout features, of a newer property, but it's a classic and has tons of character. From the high ceilinged lobby to the lush grounds, it just feels incredibly comfortable to me. The service and friendliness of the staff is just outstanding, it makes me feel so welcome. The food is excellent, gym facilities are good and really I have no complaints. There are flashier, and probably more luxurious hotels in Bangalore, but to me this one gets it just right.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road, if possible. The road outside is noisy and can be a bit annoying...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at The Oberoi, Bangalore, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your experience at The Oberoi, Bangalore on Trip Advisor and for appreciating the gardens, the food and our gymnasium facilities.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you to your satisfaction.

I am delighted to note that you found our team outstanding. The entire team is happy to read such a delightful review from you, which I am certain will act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

With regards to your feedback on our product, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I am pleased to inform you that we have started renovation of a section of the hotel’s bedrooms. Our renovated bedrooms will have elegant interiors and furnishings; modern marble bathrooms will have individual shower stalls.

The renovation will be completed by 31st of October 2012. We do hope our new product will surpass your expectations.

Thank you once again for your recognition and we hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com

Been to The Oberoi, Bangalore? Share your experiences!