“Elegant, classy, true palace in bengaluru” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace Bangalore

You added The Leela Palace Bangalore to your Saves list
The Leela Palace Bangalore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #23, Kodihalli | Old Airport Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560008, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay More Save More
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Elegant, classy, true palace in bengaluru”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have been to the place thrice and with every single visit my love toward the hotel only increases. Lovely staffs, excellent food, superb ambiance and lots more. Located at a prime location of HAL road the hotel is superbly located.

Room Tip: Must try mughlai food here
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is an amazing resort, the staff are courteous, just got a 30h trip to India and find a very confortable place to rest and be prepare for a week of work. In the restaurant try the Linguine (Crab, white wine, lemon and chilli). I recomend to all that come to Bangalore working or visiting the city

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Always love to visit this place. It always gives the royal felling when you enter.
The architecture is great and the kinda hospitality they offer is great.
The lawn and the pool area are just amazing. A very quite place from inside but gets noisy on the outside.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

On my last visit to Bangalore, I stayed at the new Ritz Carlton, but this time I decided to give the Leela Palace a try -- I'd always heard it was the height of Bangalore luxury. But I must say, I came away a pretty disappointed.

The architecture of the hotel is lovely and opulent, but otherwise the hotel is not at the level of the Bangalore Ritz or another truly 5-star global hotel. Check-in took 20 minutes, with queuing, and some amount of paperwork hassle. Compare this with being met at the door, taken immediately to your room by a concierge, and signing a single sheet of paper, as elsewhere. Plus, after checking in, I found my bags sitting unattended literally in the center of the lobby -- a porter seemed to have just left them there. Seems sloppy.

I was given a twin-bed room, after I'd booked a king-size room -- I was told "sorry, we're fully booked" (they did offer to change rooms later, but only after I'd unpacked, so it didn't seem worth the hassle). The room itself was OK, but missing the little touches that really make a difference -- linens and towels seemed a little cheap and overused, toiletries were all generic, and there were only two small bottles of mineral water in the room (c'mon Leela, are you expecting guests to drink the tap water?). Surprising, especially since it was supposedly a "Royal Club" room.

Service was really inconsistent -- for example, the hotel brought a bag with a wrapped gift to my room. I thought, "how nice, a gift!" Only when I started unwrapping it did I realize it was intended for another guest, and they'd delivered it to the wrong room. Ooops! And at checkout, I called down for a bellboy to help me with my bags, waited 15 minutes, and then wound up having to set out dragging my bags down myself.

Anyway, the Leela isn't "bad" -- but it's definitely about 10 years out of date on amenities, appointments, and service, and seriously overpriced for what it's offering.

Indore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I went for dinner in this hotel along with my Swedish friends. ( Forgot the name of restaurant may be jamber" ). The ambiance was amazing. Food quality in both Veg & Non Veg was superb in starters and Main course. Service of the staff was also good. It was not that expensive like other 5 star hotels. It is having lots of greenery in side hotel. very peaceful but like red fort ( made of red stones).

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
TheLeelaPalace, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bangalore, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at The Leela Palace, Bangalore.

Restaurant that you are referring to is our royal Indian cuisine called "Jamawar" which is one of the best places to dine in Bangalore your comments on Jamawar and its services are truly appreciated. It is our endeavor to create unforgettable memories for our valuable guests.

I have personally shared your feedback with the team and they are delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcome you back to your Palace in Bangalore soon.

Warm Regards,

Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here on business for 10 nights - it was a great experience. Right from the moment I arrived after a 24 hour journey to Bangalore - they made me feel welcome - Check in was a breeze - done comfortably on the lovely couches in the lobby - my luggage was transferred to my room and I was escorted there by the person at the front desk. I was able to order fresh hot food at 3 AM in the morning :)

The room was fantastic - had been decorated in Indian paintings and artifacts and the architecture depicted the same - it had a wonderful balcony seating area which opened up to the garden view - which was spectacular. The bathrooms were etched with marble and just beautifully laid out.

The hotel and the grounds itself - are out of this world. Perfectly manicured lawns and superbly maintained gardens complete with a waterfall and serenity pool just take your stress out after you come back from a 14 hour work day - the sound proofing is fabulous - since you don't here the din of the city once you are back inside the hotel complex.

The gym is good and functional. They also have a sauna, spa, swimming pool etc - unfortunately due to my crazy work schedule - I wasnt able to enjoy it.

In room dining - fantastic - they have a decent menu - and it was prompt and very well presented. The food quality was awesome.

Service is awesome - people are smiling and gracious. One night I came to my room with a couple of friends and turned on the light and the bulb burst and the circuit tripped and I lost power to my room. I called front desk and they sent a maintenance person ASAP - we went out for drinks -and by the time i came back in 2 hours - they had fixed everything, cleaned the entire room, redone the house keeping and the duty manager had left a personal apology note with chocolates. Very nice gesture.

If you tell house keeping something - they remember and communicate it to all their staff - I asked for extra bottles of water and they took care of it every single day

Cons: For whatever reason, they have no alarm clocks in the room - I found that weird - especially when you are jet lagged and trying to figure out the time between time zones - groping for the cell phone was a tad bit painful :)

The only other con was that the front desk told me on the day of check in that since I was staying for 10 days - I could order Private Dining from all the house restaurant menu. A couple of days later - I stopped by the front desk to find out about the restaurant menus and if I could order it to my room. She said that they are all in the In room dining menu book (which I know is not the entire restaurant menu) - I would have liked to order some variety from Jamavar or Zen to my room....Maybe I didnt make my request very clear.

Over all -it was a very satisfying experience and I will definitely be back here again on my next business trip to Bangalore

Room Tip: Choose the Garden Facing Rooms if possible for a wonderful view
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your precious time to post your compliments, we are very grateful for this gesture

Me and my entire team are delighted to note that you thoroughly enjoyed our hospitality . Comments like yours are the source of inspiration for us to scale new heights and create even more memorable stay when you stay with us next.

However we have also noted your concerns about alarm clock and specialty restaurant menu not being available in your room and going forward we have noted your profile and will ensure that next time you visit we will preplace an alarm clock in your room prior to arrival and will have our concierge meet up with you and guide you with the same.

All of us do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Palace in Bangalore soon

Warm Regards

Kunal Chauhan
The Leela Palace Bangalore.
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

If you long for old world grandeur and want to know what it must have been like to live in India back in the days of the Raj then you will love the Leela. But living in a palace has its drawbacks and, personally I find it all a little claustrophobic.

This hotel is Ok for a short stay but the heavily ornate decor starts to get to you after a while. Nice hotel - just not for me.

Good points: crisp white sheets, plenty of fluffy towels, evening turndown, great variety of food options, renovated pool area.

Not-so-good points: stuffy, overly ornate, a very long walk to some rooms, a little tatty in places

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing facing the pool (but be prepared for the long walk!). The lower floor rooms ten...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It’s good to hear that you had a comfortable stay at The Leela Bangalore. However, it is with great concern that we received your comments sharing that the grandeur of our palace didn't go very well to your liking , We try to present Indian hospitality to our guest and here at The Leela Palace design of our hotel is like a palace inspired by the architecture style of Mysore palace.

We also have rooms which are as big as the one that you stayed in closer to the elevator as well facing the beautifully laid gardens called Conservatory rooms which i think will fit to your preference, Please write to me directly when you plan your trip and i will ensure that we exceed your expectation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with an unforgettable experience.

Warm Regards,

Kunal.chauhan@theleela.com

Been to The Leela Palace Bangalore? Share your experiences!