“Beautiful hotel. Friendly staff. Slow check in procedures.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace Bangalore

You added The Leela Palace Bangalore to your Saves list
The Leela Palace Bangalore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #23, Kodihalli | Old Airport Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560008, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay More Save More
Heidelberg, Germany
“Beautiful hotel. Friendly staff. Slow check in procedures.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I have spent many weeks in the Leela during my many visits to Bangalore. The hotel is undoubtedly beautiful. The staff at the restaurants in particular are graceful and friendly. However my experience at the checkout procedures was consistently disappointing. Not only did they always take a long time in assigning me a room, but on one occasion it took them a full 45 minutes - imagine waiting that long after you fly in having spent 12 hours traveling?

All in all, it still is the best place to be in, in Bangalore.

• Stayed July 2012
leelabangalore123, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bangalore, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at The Leela Bangalore. However, it is with great concern that we received your comments sharing the check in problems you faced at the front office. Please accept our sincere apologies make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the an unforgettable experience

The Leela Palace Bangalore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights recently, in the Butler Suite. The hotel is gorgeous, and gardens are beautiful and the public spaces are extremely nice. I was able to do a couple of interviews privately in the lobby. My room included a sitting room, small kitchen, generously sized modern bathroom, and a walk in closet.

The fitness center is also top notch and the service there was spot on. Unfortunately, because the person checking me in misinformed me about the opening time, I wasn't able to work out as long as I would have wanted. Note - the fitness center opens at 6am officially but they will also open early if guests request that. There are many cardio machines and they are in good repair. The weight room is spacious and well equipped. I would have liked some mats and balls for abs work, but overall the gym is great.

Now, on to the other service problems. When I was checking in (at 4am) the woman helping me repeatedly kept answering the phone and interrupting my check in process. Finally someone else arrived and was checked in by another staff member and they proceeded to the room. At that point, I asked if I could just have my key. But she said no! She answered the phone yet again, while I just kept saying I want to be done and go to bed. This staffer also misinformed me about the gym time. When I questioned her on the 6:30am opening she had quoted she said, "That's rather early enough around here". Wow.

The waiters at the buffet and the Indian place were very good. However, while I was eating my idli and sambar, the waiter approached and offered to have some eggs made for me. (Rookie mistake!) I ordered a soft boiled egg. It was delicious but right after breakfast I got sick and had to take my Zithromax. I'll spare you the details. (I hadn't eaten anything else for a long time so I know it was the egg.) However, the buffet overall was sumptuous, and the Indian restaurant was also excellent. If I had remembered not to eat anything raw I would have loved the food here.

Probably the worst staff gaff during that brief stay, though, was the butler. When I've had butlers at the Oberoi, they introduce themselves at the beginning of the stay, make it clear how to contact them and then become as inconspicuous as possible (while being on alert). I never met my butler at the Leela, but the second day when I was getting dressed he let himself into my room! I yelled out that I was dressing. I then asked him to "get out of my room". Instead of leaving he proceeded to ask me detailed questions as to whether I wanted the fruit or sweets freshened. I again told him directly that he needed to get out of my room right now, and finally he left.

I would recommend this place only because it is so beautiful, the facilities are great, and I hope that the service will be improved.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is quite unfortunate to hear from you that you did not have a good experience at the Leela Bangalore particularly with our butler service. I will definitely take this up with my team and make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Warmest Regards,

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Leela is an out outstanding hotel and experience. The hotel is is great condition and the hotel staff is outstanding and will cater to your needs. They go out of the their way to make your stay enjoyable. The food is safe and of high quality. The overall experience is highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Your comments regarding the hotel and its services are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Leela Palace Bangalore to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Friends and colleagues had often spoken highly about the Leela Palace Hotel in Bangalore, so I was delighted to find that it was the chosen hotel for a function I was attending in Bangalore. The hotel lived up to every expectation, and not only because I had a complementary upgrade to a particularly impressive suite.

The service for breakfast was a little lacking, but the overall experience was terrific because of the location of the outdoor seating in the hotel's beautiful garden. Elsewhere, the service was always good, the atmosphere welcoming and relaxing. The most stunning factor though is the building itself - it really is a huge palace. I suppose I should mark it down a notch because I couldn't find my way from my room to the ground floor very easily, as signage was a little lacking. Still, in the overall scheme of things that was nothing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I Have stayed at the Leela twice. It is an absolutely awesome hotel. The staff are very friendly and accomadating. The rooms are absolutely wonderful. The food is fantastic. I would highly recommend it is very relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I traveled to Bangalore for a business trip in October of 2012. The Leela was a highlight of the trip. The service was incredible and my every need was attended to promptly. The rooms and the property overall were 5 star.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We always stay at Leela Palace everytime we visit bangalore. We feel like home at Leela palace. The staff are courteous. Food excellent and you have plenty of choices. I prefer their north indian varieties. Great atmosphere. We never had any issues and we are always looked after. Excellent location and service. Great hotel to stay especially when you are on holidays and want to be pampered. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Leela Palace Bangalore? Share your experiences!