I have just returned from my stay at the Taj West End in Bangalore. And I have fallen in love with the hotel. I stayed in their basic luxury room, but it was very spacious, and the balcony view into the gardens was to die for.
The staff is absolutely wonderful! I have never before been made so welcomed, so at easy and comfortable by the staff of a hotel.
Each day, after being in the city of Bangalore, I was so happy to return to the oasis that was the Taj West End. Indeed a home away from home. The Mynt restaurant serves wonderful food and was my favourite from the three restaurants that are on the premises. I believe that some dishes deserve a Michelin star.
There were, sadly, a few negative points of the hotel – especially being a 5* one. The basic rooms have laminated flooring that is coming apart – and make an otherwise beautiful room shabby. The disco music from the bar can be heard late in the evening and some of the ground floor rooms do have a musty smell – this does not mean, however that the hotel is not meticulously clean.
Yes I hope to return to this beautiful place
- Also Known As:
- The Taj West End Hotel Bangalore
- The Taj West End Hotel
- Taj West End Bangalore
- Taj West End Hotel Bangalore
- Taj West End Hotel
- Taj West End
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj West End is a part of The Leading Hotels of The World and is located perfectly near all the Bangalore buzz, and is a city legend. The accommodations are designed to allow guests to enjoy the highlight of the hotel – the lush, greenery-and-water designed landscape – and includes the stately residences of the restored Heritage Wing. The Taj West End is also home to some of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants, offering unique and exquisite cuisines.The year 2012 marks the 125th year of operations of the Taj West End, Bangalore. This magnificent property opened its doors to guests as early as 1887 under a Victorian lady, Mrs. Bronson. By the turn of the century, Bronson’s West End ‘s prosperity had attracted a fair bit of attention, and in 1912 passed into the hands of the Spencers. In 1984, the hotel was passed onto the Indian Hotels Company Limited. Today, exuding historic age old stories from every corner, this hotel speaks to every traveler staying within its walls. The spectacular landscaped gardens within the hotel accrue to a lush 20 acres, something that the people of Bangalore thrive for. The hotel has created several Exclusive and Unique Experiences and packages for its guests all through the year, pampering and delighting them in true Victorian, Taj West End style. Each outlet; Mynt, Blue Ginger Masala Klub and Blue Bar will showcase their finest offerings in the most fabulous manner, sure to enchant, impress and dazzle their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Taj West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.