Just came back from a short work trip to Bangalore and my stay at the Le Meridien was probably the best part of my time there. The city has it's charm but the roads are dusty and chaotic and the traffic a real nightmare. Le Meridien didn't look too impressive from the outside, but step inside and you find yourself in a grand, spacious lobby, remarkably quiet and removed from the outside surroundings. While the style of the hotel was somewhat dated, I found the place charming and a nice change from the modern hotels. Check-in was a breeze and the service was excellent throughout my stay.
I stayed in a Club room and it had all I need. The room was very clean and quite spacious, thought was put into the little details and the bedding and pillows were comfortable. My main gripe would be that the air con was freezing even at the highest setting and at times I just switched it off altogether as it was too cold. There was no view to speak of, but I suspect that would be the case for most hotels here. The bathroom was good, I liked the double 'rainshower' and the amenities provided.
Didn't have time for breakfast so no comments on the restaurant, but the 'gym' was a couple of old machines placed in a common foyer, so don't expect much there. My airport transfers were arranged by the hotel and I had no problems there. The reception was also very accommodating when I requested for a late check out, which is always a bonus.
A good stay all in all, and I would definitely choose to stay here again if I return to Bangalore. While you can certainly find more cost friendly hotels in the city, the service and the quiet and pleasant atmosphere at Le Meridien was worth the extra cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five star luxury business hotel in central business district opposite Bangalore Golf Club . Closet proximity from airport and major MNC companies like Atkins,IBM, ANZ,Monsanto, CERNER,TARGET, PHILIPS, NXP, ALCATEL LUCENT, AMAZON, SIEMENS ETC ETC and shopping malls.Multiple outlets,Spa & Salon,multiple halls to cater people upto 3000 pax. Entire hotel newly renovated with swanky & Chic looks to meet the needs of the modern business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Le Meridien Bangalore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Bangalore Hotel Bangalore
- Le Meridien Hotel Bangalore
- Meridien Bangalore