“Enjoyed some lovely moments with my loved one” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thyme The Transit

Thyme The Transit
You added Thyme The Transit to your Saves list
Thyme The Transit
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   No 20, Parallel to CMH Road, Next to Indiranagar Metro Station, | Indiranagar 1st Stage, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560038, India (Richmond Town)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Enjoyed some lovely moments with my loved one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently visited Thyme the Transit and stayed there for three nights. My stay was excellent, coupled with some wonderful moments spent with m y loved one. The best part was the hotel being situated in Indiranagar, in the heart of the city of Bangalore. The fact of the hotel being close to the Bangalore metro was an added advantage too. IN short, it was a pleasant stay. The service was satisfactory.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
We're happy that your stay at Thyme was 'excellent', 'pleasant'. Your remark on the service has been well noted. Efforts are being made to remedy it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I recently completed a one week stay at Thyme the Transit, while I was both visiting friends and doing business in India. This is by far the best value I've found in the Bangalore area, and all of Karnataka for that matter, after staying at or viewing several different hotels. The rooms are relatively large and in good condition—and everything works well!

The proprietor, Mohan, is very genuine and helpful. When he tells you to let him know if there's anything he can do to assist you, he really means it. He's glad to help with directions, laundry, recommendations, cleaning times, and all the usual travel concerns. You really feel like you're being taken care of here, not in an intrusive or overbearing way, but in a relaxed, considerate manner.

It's not a luxury place, but a comfortable and convenient one, the kind where you don't have to think about things you shouldn't have to think about, so you can go about your business as productively and smoothly as possible, considering the especially challenging logistics of the Indian environment overall (for a "foreigner," at least!)

The location is excellent for access to the whole Indira Nagar/MG Road/E. Central Bangalore area. It's right behind a Metro station, but I didn't hear any train noise ... nice, modern system, too. There are plenty of restaurants and a wide variety of stores nearby, as well.

To sum it up, I had an incredible array of experiences all over Asia in the three months leading up to my stay at Thyme. Though I met a lot of wonderful people everywhere I went, the many inconsistently serviced and surprisingly overpriced hotels I stayed at during that period had me somewhat befuddled. Getting what I needed for a reasonable price from Mohan and his delightful crew was a refreshing change, much for the better. I'll definitely stay there again when I'm back in Bangalore.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor would be better—I was on the second floor which is the first with rooms, I thin...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences with Thyme The Transit. It gives us immense pleasure to know that you rate us 'the best value' in the Bangalore area.

Every new day brings with it new guests...a discerning few stop to appreciate the effort we put in - and that's what keeps us going day after day.

We hope that you will indeed think of us when you travel to Bangalore next.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel, nay executive rooms, is in an excellent location, in a lane behind the Indiranagar Metro station. There is no security guard to greet you nor any prominent sign to guide you to this place nor employees wearing uniforms but the room that I stayed in was neat and clean with AC, TV and WiFi and this was important to me. The breakfast was mediocre with hardly any choice and there is no restaurant. However, there is an abundance of restaurants to choose from in the vicinity. Would I then stay there again? Yes.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Sir,
We are primarily a Bed and Breakfast that aims at giving neat and clean rooms to our guests in an excellent location.
We are glad that despite the fact that no security guard greeted you and no uniformed staff served you, you still want to come back to Thyme on your next visit!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I decided to stay at the Thyme based on the good reviews. From the beginning I was absolutely satisfied with my decision. The hotel looks from outside neat and clean and it doesn't change inside. The room was clean and all amenities (A/C, TV, WiFi) were perfectly working. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Indiranagar metro station, which makes it easy to get started to explore Bangalore. The owner was very helpful, when I asked for some advice on how to get to certain places. Around the hotel are several fast food chains in walking distance like Pizza Hut, McDonalds and Cafe Coffee day, which I found handy. Overall I had a very good time staying there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Keep it "simple, neat and clean" is what we aim at. And our guests' recognition of our efforts makes it doubly rewarding!
chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Thyme is an excellent home away from home when traveling to Bangalore, beautiful hotel , smiling n warm staff. Smooth and wonderful service. The rooms are large and comfortable, stayed for a couple of weekends. Amazing Stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
We are touched by your feedback - and it is especially heartening to know that your stay at Thyme was pleasurable. We look forward to your continued patronage.
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My first stay at Thyme was in March 2012, when I had come to Bangalore for an interview. I didn't really know much about the city then and picked Thyme based on office proximity. I loved my stay at Thyme and Indiranagar, and ended up staying there again for almost 3 weeks, after I got the job and relocated to Bangalore recently. Mr Mohan and his staff are extremely helpful and he is very knowledgeable about the city and the neighborhood. The rooms are very clean, tastefully decorated and comfortable, with a TV, AC and wi-fi connection included ! Overall, the proximity to the Metro station and the plethora of restaurants, bars and shopping on the 100 ft Road make Thyme an excellent location as a base for short trips to Bangalore.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Mr. Mitra,
We're glad you've had a great stay at Thyme. It's our pleasure entirely, having you stay with us. Feel free to call on us any time. All the very best on your new job. We also hope your relocation is smooth and seamless.
United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My last trip to Shravanbelgola called for two nights stay in Bangalore and I chose for Thyme which eventually turned out to be a guest house rather than a hotel with nice and clean rooms and guess what, we were offered complimentary breakfast(B-Omlette, Idli-Sambhar)too that was included in the same price.

Budget wise this place is definitely a go, if you plan to stay in a main market location during a business/small trip with places like Mc D and CCD at a distance just a stone's throw away from this place

Connectivity: Behind the hotel is a Metro Station linking places like MG Road in 5 minutes, along with an adjacent taxi(three-wheeler) stand.

Pros: Clean, No-Noisy rooms with nice interiors good for business trips.

Cons: 1) No Restaurant facility (ofcourse being a guest house).
2) Spring matrresses which were too springy :)

Room Tip: Discuss about Breakfast before booking, also check the mattresses for a sound sleep quality.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ThymeTheTransit, Owner at Thyme The Transit, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Sir,
We're happy that your experience with Thyme The Transit was a pleasant one. As always, we love to hear from our guests as it helps us to serve you better. We understand your disappointment about the lack of a restaurant at Thyme. But, as you yourself stated, we are proximally located to over a hundred restaurants and fast food places, that our guests can never go hungry!
It's been a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and look forward to your patronage in future too.

Been to Thyme The Transit? Share your experiences!