I can go on and on about the horrendous experience we had. We stayed in the premium suite and had another room booked as well with more family members and to all of us it was a nightmare. To keep it short...
Whatever we asked, was never delivered on time. Even for basic stuff like tea or water, we had to call several times. We were entitled to complimentary breakfast which was available until 10 am. The only day we went for breakfast was at 9.45 am, and we saw the employees sharing the unfinished items on the breakfast. This after we had specifically informed the reception that we'll be arriving around that time. We had to raise some noise about it (which i really hate doing - never done anywhere else) and they promised to serve breakfast. After 25 mins of waiting, we were told breakfast couldn't be served as they didn't have breads - only eggs!
We stayed there for 5 days i think and everyday, we had 4-5 things to complain at the reception or to the room service staff...
When i got tired of this routine lack of basic service, i asked 2 of the employees at the reception as to what the matter was and why such a bad service and they ended up telling us lengthy stories about how every member of the staff was not taken care of by the mgmt and hence they didn't care for the guests to...
The best part in all this is that, i had booked the rooms directly through one of the owners who my brother knew as a client in his work. When we couldn't take it anymore, i called the owner and he didn't take my call. I sent him detailed messages on his cell phone about the lack of basic service standards at the service apt, and till date have received no reply!
Some startling Pointers:
1. They do not have stock of mineral water on a regular basis. We had to do with tap water most of the times. I ended up buying those 5 litre cans everyday so that my family could have safe drinking water.
2. The wash basin leaked!
3. The hand flush kept dripping!
4. The commode leaked when flushed!
5. On the second day morning, house keeping told my wife that they do not clean the rooms everyday! What???!!! I had to make them do it by making some noise.
6. I left my keys at the reception in good faith, and when we were back realized that someone had accessed the room in our absence, "apparently to shut the AC off". Isn't that really annoying? How can you enter a guest's room without his permission?
After that incident i never left the keys with the reception.
...lots more...but let it be.
I will not tell you go there or don't go there. Just that, go there at your own risk and only if you do not have any expectations of being treated well...even basic stuff!
In my feedback form to them, i've written I'll never go back there - ever!
PS: I'd be really surprised if anyone has had a good stay at the Chalet Centrum, Bangalore!!!
Rooms does not matter. Wherever you stay, you'd have to endure the same painful experience!!!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.