“Self Serviced Hotel apt for business travellers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru

Save Saved
You added Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru to your Saves list
Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No.6,1st phase industrial area,ITPL Road, Opp. Graphite India | Whitefield, Bangalore 560048, India   |
Ranked #99 of 551 hotels in Bangalore
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Self Serviced Hotel apt for business travellers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Location : Whitefield opposite to Graphite India. No major attractions in immediate vicinity to the hotel like shopping malls, shops, restaurants etc. However suitable for business travellers as it is close to majors IT parks around Whitefield.

Hotel and Rooms : Rooms are done very well they are clean. Wi-Fi is available in every room, though it is not free for all. Rooms have all standard amenities along with Iron. Was disappointed with choice of channels there was no sports channel available others were also unpopular channels can do much better in this domain. Also similarly I found the bed to be a bit soft and hence it aggravates my back pain.

Food : Very nice, room service is good they are willing to accommodate guest request and overall food quality including breakfast is good.

Overall: A very decent choice for business traveler with very good services and smart amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anand_Ramachandran, General Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time off to pen down your thoughts with regard to your stay at Keys Hotel, Whitefield, Bengaluru. We appreciate and value the same and assure you the best of our services at all times.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I usually stay in the heart of Bangalore City, but this time, I was suggested to try this place. After going through reviews in various sites, I actually did not have much expectation from this place. However, on visiting them, my views totally changed. The hotel is well maintained, neat & clean. Staff is very courteous. Service is excellent. Rooms are very neat & clean and well equipped. Special mention of staff working in the restaurant. They go out of their way to keep you happy. You can also see Chefs speaking to guest and make dishes as per their request. Food spread for breakfast and dinner is quite good. Quality of food was super. Definitely will recommend this hotel to people who do not mind staying in whitefield. Cheers!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Found this hotel to be right up to international standards in terms of the design, cleanliness and quality of food at the restaurant. The best part was that we got this all at a very economical rate. The hotel is right next to the IT hub of whitefield Bangalore is easily accessible.

The staff deserve a very special mention for their service. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to being back.

The food served is very good, a wholesome breakfast in the KEYS Cafe with a wide variety of options a memorable experience with nicely done drinks by the short haired barman.

Highly Recommend!!! Fully Vote with all fellow travelers who enjoyed staying here...

Room Tip: 4th Floor.. Non smoking Rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in Keys Hotel for a period of 14 days as I was in Bangalore on Business. I found the room very clean and well equipped and comfortable.

Buffet was standard with very little or no change in what was offered, but found ordering from the menu to be a better choice if eating in.

Staff are extremely friendly and courteous, and would go out of their way to help you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Hyderabad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Keys for one night. The original stay was supposed to be for two nights. However, the night i checked in, i was in for a big shock. The hathway television service in the rooms did not have any Sony Channel!! When i enquired from the front desk i was non-nonchalantly told that if i want to view IPL matches i would need to come down to the bar where "special" arrangements were made for viewing IPL matches! This to me was a complete show-stopper and spoke highly of the management of the hotel.

The hotel is actually very modern, clean and very inviting. no complaints whatsoever. From the front foyer, to the elevators, to the rooms it showed that it belonged to a chain that is well funded. The bed was comfortable, and so was the lighting and the overall ambience. The rest room was clean, but devoid of any accessories or basic necessities. Soaps were not available and instead Gel is encouraged. I hate these gels as it is very difficult to get them off the face and body.

The wifi service that came complimentary with the room was only for 2 hours! I could not understand this logic either.

The restaurant was clean and the breakfast spread quite diverse and well laid out. I cannot say much for the quality of the food as i found it just average.

The worst part of the hotel is the attitude of the staff. They come across as if they are doing you a favor. if there is one thing that puts me off in a hotel it is this aspect. This was the second show-stopper.

I cut short my stay at Keys and moved to another hotel the next day.

if you are an IPL fan and a avid lover of Sony Channels, avoid this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anand_Ramachandran, General Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time off to pen down your experiences at Keys Hotel, Whitefield, Bengaluru. We appreciate and value the same. I on behalf of my team would like to apologize in the let down of our services which have been viewed seriously and corrective action taken.

Assuring you of a better experience if given another chance.

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had stayed there for 3 days when I was in Bangalore for a shoot. The hotel is good to stay for Business travelers. Though the food is not up to the mark. The BLD buffets were very sub-standard. The food is stale. Bread served is nearly a day's old. The only thing good is the stay. The rooms are comfortable to sleep. The hotel is located way out of the city. Getting to any point in the city will take nearly 1 hour plus.

Room Tip: Stay here. Better places to eat around Bengaluru.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Assuring you of a better experience if given another chance.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It's great to see new hotel models enter the Indian market, and Keys has certainly found its niche. As a foreign businesswoman traveling alone, however, I was dismayed at some points that would make Keys Whitefield more on par with international budget business hotel standards.

Check-in was fine, the front desk staff was helpful and friendly, and the smooth, expected sounds of Kenny G welcomed me to the elevator as I headed to my room.

The room was modern, sleek, and for the most part, other than the usual treasure hunt I experience in most hotels of navigating multiple light switches, the layout was adequate and practical. I found the added feature of being able to watch television from the shower somewhat amusing. The side of the hotel where my room was situated has a view of the property next door: an undeveloped lot with a ton of garbage. Granted I didn't spend much time in my hotel room, and this is not a tourist hotel, and I imagine there's not a whole lot Keys can do, but they should try and work with their neighbors to get it cleaned up. I have a lot of experience in India, but this is the first hotel where I can confidently state I had a view of garbage out of my window.

Their wireless policy (2 hours free per night) seems okay until you're on a call over your computer with a colleague on the other side of the world during their very early morning hours, and the time runs out. It took over 30 minutes and 4 phone calls to the front desk for the Keys team to get back to me with another code so I could get back online, by which time my colleague was unavailable to continue the call.

The bar and the restaurant are right next to each other, and the bar plays fairly loud music. One evening, the music from the bar could be heard in the restaurant, and the restaurant was also playing another set of music. The combination was distracting and agitating, and when I approached the manager to ask him to turn off the music in the restaurant or turn down the music in the bar, he explained that he had to keep the music on in the restaurant for his staff. After imploring him to turn it down, he finally did, but after an insane day running around to meetings and sitting in a lot of Bangalore traffic, this was not the relaxing dinner I had hoped for. Their room service menu is inadequate if one is attempting to eat *healthy* vegetarian food, so retreating to my room for dinner was not an option.

One of the quaffable local wines was on the menu, but unfortunately, both nights at the hotel they were out of it - it's a super basic wine that can be picked up at any wine shop, but they made no effort to do so after my request. Gratefully, the restaurant manager did meet me in the middle and poured me a glass from one of the more drinkable wines available by the bottle, but it would have been better if he had also informed me that the glass was going to set me back $12.

The front desk asks for your room number a lot - there's not much privacy at the desk and as a woman traveling alone, announcing your room number is not exactly a best practice in travel safety.

The car service offered through the hotel, while expensive, is adequate and professional. I rented a driver and car for a full day of meetings all around Bangalore and the driver was great, really knew his way around and was professional and prompt.

Overall, Keys is a great hotel for national business, but as an international business traveler, on my next visit, I would thankfully pay more to receive higher quality services and options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your views with Trip advisor community. We are glad that you liked the hotel and the facilities.
We have made a note of you observations related to the hotels surroundings and would like to inform you that dialog with our neighbor is already in process also we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to sensitize associates towards guest privacy.
As a hotel business we are bound to purchase our beverage stock only through government regulated warehouse; however we make all efforts to maintain par stock of all our beverages.
While once again regretting on behalf of all at Keys Whitefield for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.
I request you to accommodate our request of having you with us once more wherein my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate corrective actions and re-establish our credibility with you.

Cheers!!

Been to Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru? Share your experiences!