“Clean & Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru

You added Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru to your Saves list
Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot No.6,1st phase industrial area,ITPL Road, Opp. Graphite India | Whitefield, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560048, India   |
Ranked #110 of 558 Hotels in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Boulder, Colorado
“Clean & Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in Keys Hotel for a period of 14 days as I was in Bangalore on Business. I found the room very clean and well equipped and comfortable.

Buffet was standard with very little or no change in what was offered, but found ordering from the menu to be a better choice if eating in.

Staff are extremely friendly and courteous, and would go out of their way to help you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Anand_Ramachandran, General Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time off to pen down your thoughts with regard to your stay at Keys Hotel, Whitefield, Bengaluru. We appreciate and value the same and assure you the best of our services at all times.

Anand Ramachandran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hyderabad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Keys for one night. The original stay was supposed to be for two nights. However, the night i checked in, i was in for a big shock. The hathway television service in the rooms did not have any Sony Channel!! When i enquired from the front desk i was non-nonchalantly told that if i want to view IPL matches i would need to come down to the bar where "special" arrangements were made for viewing IPL matches! This to me was a complete show-stopper and spoke highly of the management of the hotel.

The hotel is actually very modern, clean and very inviting. no complaints whatsoever. From the front foyer, to the elevators, to the rooms it showed that it belonged to a chain that is well funded. The bed was comfortable, and so was the lighting and the overall ambience. The rest room was clean, but devoid of any accessories or basic necessities. Soaps were not available and instead Gel is encouraged. I hate these gels as it is very difficult to get them off the face and body.

The wifi service that came complimentary with the room was only for 2 hours! I could not understand this logic either.

The restaurant was clean and the breakfast spread quite diverse and well laid out. I cannot say much for the quality of the food as i found it just average.

The worst part of the hotel is the attitude of the staff. They come across as if they are doing you a favor. if there is one thing that puts me off in a hotel it is this aspect. This was the second show-stopper.

I cut short my stay at Keys and moved to another hotel the next day.

if you are an IPL fan and a avid lover of Sony Channels, avoid this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anand_Ramachandran, General Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time off to pen down your experiences at Keys Hotel, Whitefield, Bengaluru. We appreciate and value the same. I on behalf of my team would like to apologize in the let down of our services which have been viewed seriously and corrective action taken.

Assuring you of a better experience if given another chance.

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had stayed there for 3 days when I was in Bangalore for a shoot. The hotel is good to stay for Business travelers. Though the food is not up to the mark. The BLD buffets were very sub-standard. The food is stale. Bread served is nearly a day's old. The only thing good is the stay. The rooms are comfortable to sleep. The hotel is located way out of the city. Getting to any point in the city will take nearly 1 hour plus.

Room Tip: Stay here. Better places to eat around Bengaluru.
Dear Sir,

Assuring you of a better experience if given another chance.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It's great to see new hotel models enter the Indian market, and Keys has certainly found its niche. As a foreign businesswoman traveling alone, however, I was dismayed at some points that would make Keys Whitefield more on par with international budget business hotel standards.

Check-in was fine, the front desk staff was helpful and friendly, and the smooth, expected sounds of Kenny G welcomed me to the elevator as I headed to my room.

The room was modern, sleek, and for the most part, other than the usual treasure hunt I experience in most hotels of navigating multiple light switches, the layout was adequate and practical. I found the added feature of being able to watch television from the shower somewhat amusing. The side of the hotel where my room was situated has a view of the property next door: an undeveloped lot with a ton of garbage. Granted I didn't spend much time in my hotel room, and this is not a tourist hotel, and I imagine there's not a whole lot Keys can do, but they should try and work with their neighbors to get it cleaned up. I have a lot of experience in India, but this is the first hotel where I can confidently state I had a view of garbage out of my window.

Their wireless policy (2 hours free per night) seems okay until you're on a call over your computer with a colleague on the other side of the world during their very early morning hours, and the time runs out. It took over 30 minutes and 4 phone calls to the front desk for the Keys team to get back to me with another code so I could get back online, by which time my colleague was unavailable to continue the call.

The bar and the restaurant are right next to each other, and the bar plays fairly loud music. One evening, the music from the bar could be heard in the restaurant, and the restaurant was also playing another set of music. The combination was distracting and agitating, and when I approached the manager to ask him to turn off the music in the restaurant or turn down the music in the bar, he explained that he had to keep the music on in the restaurant for his staff. After imploring him to turn it down, he finally did, but after an insane day running around to meetings and sitting in a lot of Bangalore traffic, this was not the relaxing dinner I had hoped for. Their room service menu is inadequate if one is attempting to eat *healthy* vegetarian food, so retreating to my room for dinner was not an option.

One of the quaffable local wines was on the menu, but unfortunately, both nights at the hotel they were out of it - it's a super basic wine that can be picked up at any wine shop, but they made no effort to do so after my request. Gratefully, the restaurant manager did meet me in the middle and poured me a glass from one of the more drinkable wines available by the bottle, but it would have been better if he had also informed me that the glass was going to set me back $12.

The front desk asks for your room number a lot - there's not much privacy at the desk and as a woman traveling alone, announcing your room number is not exactly a best practice in travel safety.

The car service offered through the hotel, while expensive, is adequate and professional. I rented a driver and car for a full day of meetings all around Bangalore and the driver was great, really knew his way around and was professional and prompt.

Overall, Keys is a great hotel for national business, but as an international business traveler, on my next visit, I would thankfully pay more to receive higher quality services and options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your views with Trip advisor community. We are glad that you liked the hotel and the facilities.
We have made a note of you observations related to the hotels surroundings and would like to inform you that dialog with our neighbor is already in process also we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to sensitize associates towards guest privacy.
As a hotel business we are bound to purchase our beverage stock only through government regulated warehouse; however we make all efforts to maintain par stock of all our beverages.
While once again regretting on behalf of all at Keys Whitefield for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.
I request you to accommodate our request of having you with us once more wherein my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate corrective actions and re-establish our credibility with you.

Secunderabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had planned to stay at The Keys Hotel, Whitefield, as it was in close proximity to the venue, at which we were attending an event. Right from the time you enter the hotel premises, there is something to admire, the building elevation, the visual appealing lobby, the hassle free check-in and while we stayed there, the lovely Christmas decorations. The studio suite was perfect for our family of four. It came with a well equipped kitchenette, a microwave, an ironing board, crockery, cutlery and loads of tea, coffee and milk sachets which are scarce to find in abundance, even in the star hotels. The staff was courteous and the service was great. We had a problem with the AC and the problem was rectified within no time. The room is well designed, comfortable and well maintained. The food is good and the portions served were ample for a family of four. The location of the pool is great but it did not seem well maintained. The vending machine, the ‘home cooked food’ concept, the ‘food in a bag’ concept and the security offered at this hotel, makes it stand out from the rest of the hotels located in the Whitefield area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your views with Tripadvisor community. We are glad that you liked the hotel and the facilities.
We have made a note of you observations and have initiated corrective action to improve our efficiency levels.
It is only with support and patronage from guest like yourself that we have completed one year of creating memorable experiences.

At Keys Hotels is our constant endeavor with high standards of service and efficiency.

We look forward to your continued support, and welcoming you back on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are looking for a budget stay near the IT hub in Whitefield, then this will be a good option. It is a small hotel, newly started, so everything looked fresh and new. The staff was also OK, though the checkin for us was very late as we had to wait for the staff to check our booking, get a room allocated. If you dont mind paying a bit more, then you may want to try Fortune hotel or even Ginger which is right down the road, both are perhaps better.
If the staff tightens their game, and if the chef improves the options, then this could well work out in the future.

Room Tip: Dont take the rooms close to the road, you can hear vehicles every morning and evening.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mitesh N, Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Siva,

Thank you for taking time out to share your feedback with us, at the onset I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused, unfortunately we do not have your correct contact number in our records, request you to please share the same with us so we could get in touch with you to get the details of the feedback.

In the meanwhile we have carried out a point wise investigation on the related issues, and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Keys Hotel Whitefield for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

For any assistance whatsoever please feel free to connect with me on the details given below, looking forward to see you on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Best Regards,
Mitesh Narula
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed last week, business visit. Smooth check in, small but well kept rooms, good front desk support, it took only 10 minutes for them to serve the ordered food (after 11/30p.m.)...
Would visit there again.
r_v_k_v_k.

• Stayed March 2013
Keys Hotels W, General Manager at Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hi Guest

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your experience at Keys Whitefield.

It is only with support and patronage from guest like yourself that we are able to create memorable experiences.

At Keys Hotels it is our constant endeavor to maintain high standards of service and efficiency.
The concept in itself is deeply thought and designed as per the prize point that we sell in.

Vinod

Been to Keys Hotel Whitefield, Bengaluru? Share your experiences!