“Excellent place for work and leisure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Bengaluru

You added Park Plaza Bengaluru to your Saves list
Park Plaza Bengaluru
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sy No. 90/4, Munnekollalu Village | Marathahalli Junction – Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560037, India   |
Ahus, Sweden
“Excellent place for work and leisure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very modern and spacious hotel. Crisp clean and comfortable interiors. Contemporary design. Fantastic food; several with Chineese, Indian and mixed cousine. The spa is great and the pool area relaxing. It is a busy area (but where is it not in this city?). The staff is friendly and rather efficient. I will stay here again if I can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I typically travel to Benagluru for business and I always pick this hotel as it has all the modern amenities. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The restaurants in the hotel are very good. The gym facility is also quite good. Check with the reception and there's a possibility that they offer free/complimentary transport to most campuses around this area. The main reason for staying at this hotel is its close proximity with my office i.e. Cisco Systems India and they have also started a complimentary pick-n-drop to Cessna Business Park where Cisco Campus is located. Most city hotels in Bengaluru are an hours drive from the airport, so no points deducted for that. If you're looking for a good & comfortable hotel in Marathahalli, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Northampton, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

When we visit Bangalore, we always stay at the Park Plaza. It offers excellent value for money, the rooms are a good size, the beds are comfortable, the shower is powerful, the restaurants are very good (particularly the Shao), the pool area is lovely (with the added benefit of a spa) and the staff are incredibly helpful.

I last wrote a review on this hotel in January 2012, following my last visit (although my husband has stayed here on about 3 occasions since then). When I returned to the Park Plaza this January I was amazed that so many of the staff remembered me from the year before and went out of their way to greet me. That certainly added a very welcome personal touch, to what is primarily a business hotel.

As some other reviewers have mentioned, the downside to this hotel can be traffic noise or barking dogs, depending on which side of the hotel your room is located. On this trip our room was on the 5th floor, facing the back of the hotel (so running the gauntlet of the barking dogs), but I can honestly say we were hardly aware of it and the noise was not such that it affected our sleep.

One slight criticism from my last review is still an issue, namely the apparent reluctance of housekeeping staff to replace some complimentary toiletries. We had to telephone to request replacement soap on a couple of occasions (although, thankfully, toilet rolls were more plentiful this time than they were on our last trip)! Once we had made the phone call, soap was delivered to the room quickly and without any problem, but it's a slight inconvenience that could easily be fixed.

One other slight grumble was on the morning of our departure, despite telephoning twice to request that our luggage be collected from our room, it never was. We eventually manhandled our numerous bags out to the waiting car ourselves (my husband manages with one small suitcase when he visits alone, but with me in tow the luggage multiplied!)

Despite the above niggly issues, I have upgraded our rating to 5*. Last year I would have ideally awarded 4 and a half *, and probably would award the same again, if this was an option, but as it's not, I think the Park Plaza is nudging more towards a 5* rating than a 4*.

We will certainly stay here again and I absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a nice hotel with modern amenities, The Aircon plant - I thought was partially working - that too I think so - because the Lobby area was controlled well. I suffered aircon pangs and the issue could be resolved to my 60% satisfaction.

The service and support staff excellent, The House Keeping done sensitively and sensibly. Though member of Carlson Club never stayed here as location for my work not so good. Definite change over from Taj Vivanta Yeshwantpur to Park Plaza shall be considered by me.

The Hotel was not value for money for this time value paid,. The Guest Relation was nearly apologetic about it . General trend of all Hotels in Bangalore is to go- in rip off mode -during the Aero comm India show. SAME - policy here too- and opportunistic practices embraced.I think no other country does this - and this ugly practice first started By Windsor Manor in Bangalore !

Room Tip: Chose Rooms not facing Main Road - chose rear once. Don't be put off when you enter by the look...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here on business for 8 days in Jan 2013 and found the hotel and staff to be excellent. There didn't seem to be many guests during portions of my trip, so the hotel felt quiet. I was asked to be in a quiet room as well, so I was placed away from elevators on the 3rd floor. It was perfect. The pool area was lovely, though also hardly used, as were the amenities in the ladies locker room, including a sauna and steam room. Nice gym, small, but adequate and great touches through out like water in the gym, afternoon fruit in your room, and a great turn down service. Overall, I highly recommend the Park Plaza.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter, probably up on the 4th floor are even better than the 3rd...
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in the recent past. I find this facility to be more friendly and professional. All the restaurants served ultimate delicious food. The room service is excellent. ALl the staffs care for you and make your stay comfortable. Moreover the best part is all the departments are punctual in their work. I would rate this hotel as one of the best business hotel in Bangalore, and would love after staying here in any of your business trip.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Well must say that I was very confused while choosing a safe hotel for a new year party.And I think i had selected a correct one!A beautiful dance floor,world famous DJ CHICO ,Radio one RJ Rakesh ,belly dancers and amazing food made the new year fantastic.
Starting from the door guard to hotel manager ,all will greet you with a smile .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Plaza Bengaluru? Share your experiences!