“Good and safe hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Bengaluru

You added Park Plaza Bengaluru to your Saves list
Park Plaza Bengaluru
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sy No. 90/4, Munnekollalu Village | Marathahalli Junction – Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560037, India   |
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good and safe hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was my first trip to Bangalore, travelling for business; our regular hotel was booked full so this was our 'second choice'. Overall, good impression; friendly staff, nice rooms, pretty good food. I was happy staying here, although when we had dinner at our 'first choice' hotel (identical in price, pretty close in location, I won't name it here as I believe it's against the review rules) I'd opt for that choice over the Park Plaza.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Saint Joseph, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Park Plaza is an outstanding hotel in Bengaluru. The service is outstanding, the rooms are large and clean, and it definitely is a cut above the rest in Bangalore. The 3 restaurants in the hotel are excellent, although I would have rather seen something else than a Lebanese type place. The fitness room is nicely equipped and the pool is clean, although a little akward. Overall good value for money.

Stayed April 2012
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The room which I was staying was very much comfortable, it has all the amenities and I like the shower room concept. I liked the In room dining food, it was delicious.

I am impressed with the location. Located on the outer ring road makes easy to travel from the hotel to my office during my stay.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

On a recent business trip to Bangalore, I stayed at the Park Plaza. I found it to be a very pleasant and comfortable property. The whole experience from the time I walked in, checked in till checkout was highly satisfying.

The room was very comfortable and provided for all amenities that I would need for a short term business visit. I got a comfortable bed with clean linen, multiple pillow choices. A large LCD TV with satellite connection to catch up on my favourite channels. Internet connectivity within the room, 2 hours complimentary usage free. A very nice washroom with a wonderful shower and very good quality towels and bathrobe. A well staffed mini bar, electronic safe and a much needed iron with ironing table ensured completeness of the facilities.

My package included breakfast at the Melange restaurant, which I simply loved. The place is very nicely done, with high ceiling and spacious sitting area with really wide and high glass area allowing ample sunshine to come through. The choice of food available for the breakfast was extremely good. I enjoyed the freshly done eggs made to my liking, the fresh fruits, the wonderful tea and the very hospitable service of the staff who made me very comfortable.

I had ordered dinner in the room - the preparation of the dish was delicious and fulfilling. Once again the service provided by the room service staff was too good.

The room offered a very nice work desk and a comfortable couch apart from the bed. The curtains on the outer wall as well as on the wall separating the room and the washroom were electonically controllable. I really loved the full height glass wall that separated the bedroom and the washroom, allowing me to watch the TV from inside the washroom while getting ready.

The hotel is well located on a busy street, with lots of convenience stores and eating places within walking distance.

One more thing I must share is that I had landed really late in the night on the day of my check-in and had called for the airport pick up. I was impressed with the reception I got when I came out of the airport. The guy had my phone contact number available with him, was very well dressed, carried a really neat and well printed placard that was easy to spot in the crowd, the driver carrying the placard was further assisted by an airport representative specially appointed by the hotel to receive their guests at the airport. The big car that picked me up was wonderful, complete with the day's newspaper and a sealed mineral water bottle that the driver was so courteous to offer me as soon as I had made myself comfortable.

Overall, I must say that I had a wonderful and very comfortable stay at the Park Plaza and realy look forward to being there again.

Room Tip: Try getting a room at the higher floors, the noise level is lower there.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My Company booked me here...I thought it would be a property have standards like any other Sarovar Property (which i dont have high regard for)... But it turned out to be like any other 5 star hotel. They upgraded me to the suite and it was just amazing. I wanted some medicine..they didnt have it... but got it from outside in 15 minutes... The food was delicious and breakfast had a decent spread... I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade ...They will do it if they have low occupancy...
Ooty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

i stayed at Park Plaza for the second time, now the hotel is fully operational with great restaurants, last time i stayed during august when the hotel was new, now when i arrived the 2nd time the driver recognized me and it was a very comfortable journey to hotel, the staff at the front desk greeted me with my name and the check in took less than a minute, the service staff is very pleasant and very courteous. you feel like you are staying at home.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Probably the best place for an expat's home away from home ! After years of living in Bangalore and having visited all the top hotels and their restaurants and spas, I can attest that The Park Plaza has raised the bar - for cleanliness, service and most of all their attention detail. It is the first place I have stayed the entire weekend and did not have anything to complain about. Whether you are after a club sandwich or a proper bloody mary, you will get what you want...just like at home.

Speaking of bloody mary's, the Park not only uses pepper infused vodka, they go the extra mile with hand carved ice so that your drink does not become watery. Nice touches that we are accustomed to have finally made it to Bangalore. In fact all three of their restaurants are worth coming back to.

What actually makes me a regular at The Park is the spa. Though massages are everywhere in Bangalore (and I've tried them all), The Park Spa has their masseuses trained at a higher standard. Perhaps it is because the woman who runs the spa is European and has lived and worked in Switzerland, they are able to deliver that standard. Even the rooms have Swiss showers...all in all I recommend this new "get away" for good treatment without having to accept the usual gaffes you encounter everywhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Plaza Bengaluru? Share your experiences!