“Simply Delicious and More!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vembanad

Vembanad
139/28, Domlur Layout, Off Intermediate Ring Road | The Paul Bangalore, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560071, India (Formerly Vembanad)
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: This multi award-winning restaurant invites you to savor a cuisine as exclusive as an ethnicity and loved irrespective of boundaries. At Vembanad we bring to you the renowned flavors of Kerala and from the wide and varied coasts of India. Treat yourself to an exotic culinary voyage amidst a glorious ambience of luxurious heritage at its finest.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Simply Delicious and More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The best and loveliest mouth watering food i have ever made or eaten from God's own country. the prawns were so fresh and delicious, the curries well flavoured and simply tender, and wonderful rice to accompany the finger licking goodness that we like to call food!

• Visited October 2013

Catonsville
“Wonderful food from Kerala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We visited the Paul Hotel's Vembanad restaurant upon TA reviews and we were not disappointed. The space is beautiful - lots of natural wood from floor to ceiling with nice wall accents. You need to be specific when ordering - if you want a cold soda then ask for one. Warm club soda is not my favorite beverage! The appetizers were lovely. Lentil vadas cooked perfectly so they were not greasy. Tasty chutney that accompanied them. The koon fry was mushrooms in an sauce filled with onions and shallots. Just the right amount of spice. My lunch partner enjoyed a vegetable coconut curry. Pachakari stew that was full of fresh vegetables still having some crunch. My Lamb Mappas had a sauce that you wanted to eat with the spoon. And it was even better with a perfectly cooked appam - a sort of rice dosa shaped like a bowl. The service was great and while not inexpensive, well worth the cost. It made me want to go to Kerala and sample their cuisine a bit more!

• Visited October 2013
“A Culinary Masterpiece”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Vembanand restaurant at The Paul hotel in Bangalore is one of the restaurant serving excellent Kerala cuisine. Ambience is warm and inviting. Service was excellent. First we started with chemeen tenga ularthu and vazha koombu cutlet was delicious. The main entree we had array of sort of dishes chemeen kurumulakittathu, njandu kurumulakittathu. Meen moilee, appam and erachi ulaarthiyathu. To end this feast we had a wonderful dessert of warm caramelized banana topped with vanilla ice cream. The cuisine is enticing to palette. I definitely going back on my next vacation.

• Visited August 2013
Bangalore
“One place I revisit and will continue...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I just love the ambiance, the wooden interior, attitude of the staff, and authentic Kerala and coastal food. My wife and I just love to be there at every opportunity.

They have a good spread of vegetarian, non-vegetarian (including sea food options).

My favorite is the scampi preparation.

I am also a fan of their festival special preparations and every time it is a rich experience.

• Visited July 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent ambience, courtesy with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We keep checking the best review/deals online and try the food in different hotels/restaurants, however the courtesy shown by The Paul was extremely nice and so I thought to pen down this for all…
Me and my wife went to this restaurant through a discount deal for dinner buffet. Staffs were really polite and knew how to manage the customer. I forgot the name of the lady who was serving us was full attentive and graceful in her job. Interiors were also tastefully done of Mughal Dynasty era.
We liked the idea that buffet will be served in table itself and no need to go and stand in line and it was served hot.
However the options were not much and location is bit inside the main road but who cares till the time they have shown sign board to reach the hotel.
Only request to hotel management is to increase the buffet option as it is in any other 5 star hotels. We had food in Zuri, Marriott and The Ashoka and all had given wide range of buffet option with almost in the same price range. 

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant