“Just strictly OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Bengaluru Techpark

You added Novotel Bengaluru Techpark to your Saves list
Novotel Bengaluru Techpark
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Opposite Rmz Ecospace Business Park | Marathahalli - Sarjapur Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560103, India   |
Special Offer
Early Breaks 30% off
“Just strictly OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

First call made to the hotel desk made me realize that people at 5start place like Novotel can be rude.

I was inquiring about airport pick up and first line said to me was "this is the cheapest car available at our hotel for airport pick up" what the hell I didn't ask for a cheap car.

I booked a cab through taxi for sure, reached hotel at 1 AM 11th nov 2013 my initial words with the front desk wasnt so pleasant either that day they made me realize I am staying there with my company money.

However once I took the key card after that it's been smooth sailing. Spacious room as expected .love the Wooden interior and shower.I am staying at 1710 .pool view is awesome. So as the top view of blue terrain restaurant from my room. Thank god they have shoe shine machine on every floor.

Square and other 2 restaurants, they are bit pricy but worth . Morning break fast @square is good but can improve a lot with respect to choices of food Items.staffs at restaurant area they are worth10 stars.

Be ready with walking shoe and pollution mask , as walk from main road to hotel is unpleasant.As per my ratings infra food ambience 5 star.
Front desk and staff 2 star.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Ram,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your feedback.

Even though i was a little disturbed on reading your initial experience on the staff attitude, its comments such as these that help us serve better. I shall definitely take up measures for better service and attention to details.

Once again thank you and look forward to your next visit to the hotel while in Bangalore.

Alaa Afifi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel has nice rooms [ make sure you take one of those in the upper floors] , they provide you a free shuttle to the nearest IT park and if you have the premier rooms there is free cocktails and one spa treatment at a discounted cost. The breakfast is nice but the Lunch Buffet is HUGE !! . Though I love it , I keep wondering what happens to the left overs - such a large spread is also an overkill - [ my personal feeling ] . Other than that it has everything a business traveller would need . Few negatives - There is no aerobic room which can be used as a Yoga room. If you want to do yoga , you get the mats but will have to do it in the cramped Gym. couple of times the news paper was missed, the breakfast area can get very busy at times and the waiting time for the shuttle can be long . [ Not blaming the hotel as it is due to the number of guests ] . None of the negatives are serious as well . Overall a good business hotel for a short trip and that is what the intention is as well

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Pooram,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us your generous feedback.

Its comments such as these that help us serve better and as pointed out by you, keeping the space constraint, we are in talks with a professional company for Yoga by the pool side.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice for a week at a time. Overall good rooms and decent hotel. The service and attention to detail could have been better. Good breakfast buffet - terrace lounge full of mosquitoes in the evenings.

• Stayed September 2013
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Its comments such as these that help us serve better and as pointed out by you, I shall definitely take up measures for better service and attention to details.

Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

There is choice other than the restaurant with in, poor service with in restaurant.
Staff in arranging the free shuttle to near by work is very bad, no courtesy, bangs the door on you. They try to combine people going to the same work spot even though you are from different group ( they have lot of cabs available even then). When it is time to return to hotel from work they do not send vehicle.

Trash not removed everyday from room

Very very poor service.

I do not advice this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Ram,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for giving us your feedback while you continue to stay at the hotel.

In continuation to your feedback, I have taken up the issue of the restaurant service and the room cleanliness with my concerned managers to ensure our guests do not feel such discomfort.

In regard to the office shuttle service, please note that your company has the shared office transfers included as part of your rate however individual cars are also available on request at a marginal cost. Having said that, our staff being rude in providing this service is highly unacceptable and i shall put measures to ensure such incidence is not repeated.

Once again, i would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention and wish you a pleasant stay.

Faridabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The property is good and comparatively new however the only constraint is the location which seems a bit cramped. To reach the hotel, you have to take a turn from underneath the flyover right bang opposite the hotel which is quite irksome. The rooms are small but cosy. Another constraint noticed was the very limited choice for the vegetarians in the dinner buffet. However the breakfast buffet was quite good. On the whole, good property for a short business trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Raj,

As rightly pointed out by you the approach to the hotel is kind of annoying owing to the poor quality of roads leading to the hotel. On checking with the local authorities, we were told that once the monsoons are over by this month end, they would be attended to. I have also discussed with the Chef to include more vegetarian items in the dinner buffet.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It is a standard Novotel property - well appointed rooms, great service, nice restaurant by the pool. It worked very well for me because my office was walking distance.

However, it must be pointed out that it is not the best area to live in though it may be entirely my preference. It is a dead area post office hours with precious little to do. As someone who likes to head out after work in a new city, you will find it difficult to do anything in this area which is full of offices and nothing else. Even the Novotel ground-floor Bar and poolside Bar were largely empty on weekdays which was a huge letdown for me.

Even though it's a great hotel, I would prefer to stay more towards the "city".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Uday,

Its comments such as these that help us serve better and I am sure my team would be delighted to receive your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.

CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Novotel Techpark hotel in late August for 3 days. The hotel is very clean. Rooms are configured well, but there is no dresser (not a big deal for me). I was on the 9th floor, good view of the surrounding area. Room was very quiet. Bed was comfortable. Wireless worked flawlessly, and plenty of U.S. style AC plugs. Breakfast buffet was included in my corporate rate, was amazing per usual(huge variety, including a cooked to order station).
The one issue I did have was the odor. Probably from fumigation, but it was really bad the night I arrived and the night I left. I'd rather have the odor than bugs, but it was really a strong odor. in between nights were fine. The bathrooms are very well appointed, they even supply a toothbrush and toothpaste. Shower worked great. Overall a great place to stay for business near many of the Bangalore Tech titans. Was just a 5 minute walk across the street to get to Intel, and they will drive you if you don't like walking through the streets/traffic.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alaa A, General Manager at Novotel Bengaluru Techpark, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Mr Henneman,

Thank you for being with us at the Novotel Bengaluru Techpark and thank you even more for taking out time and giving us yet another generous feedback.

Based on your comment on the fumigation smell lingering around, i shall definitely look at controlling the same. Its just that being the monsoon season (an ideal breeding season for mosquitoes), we had our team increase the dosage to avoid any pests from coming in.

Alaa Afifi

Been to Novotel Bengaluru Techpark? Share your experiences!