“Good Experience. Nice Hotel to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru

You added Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru to your Saves list
Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2/1, St. Johns Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560042, India (Ulsoor)   |
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Good Experience. Nice Hotel to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Extremely clean hotel. Excellent service at all times. Good choice of food in buffet breakfast and good quality in the Restaurant. Enjoyed stay over here for a month. Bright clean rooms. All staff were extremely helpful, friendly and polite especially gym trainer was too good.
Location is fabulously close to the Main Shopping area and MG road of Bangalore. This hotel is excellent value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed couple of days on a business trip at Lemon tree. In general, Lemon tree fills a void in 3/4 star range.. The prices are reasonable, the hotel is immaculately clean, everything works fine (the air conditioning, the breakfast is good and has variety) and is perfect for a business stay.

There are however a few things that prevent it from being an excellent hotel.. The hotel is run a little too professionally.. almost like a very well-run low cost airline..
1) They have 3 different categories of internet.. The complimentary one I had did not allow VPN connectivity. I had to upgrade and pay extra, which kind of make the complimentary internet a little bit of a cheat.
2) The hotel had an impersonal feel to it... Nothing really I can put a finger on but essentially I did not feel great and welcome at the hotel..

But, I think those are minor issues and it is still a great hotel for a business trip.. However, if you are traveling with family, you may also want to consider similar priced (but maybe smaller) hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had made a reservation at your Bangalore hotel about a month in advance because it looked like a good hotel to stay in. Unfortunately I had to cancel the plan and also had to cancel the booking in your hotel.

I made the cancellation request on 6-Mar-2013 via email to this very email ID. I got a reply from your associate Abhinav Negi a day later saying the cancellation was noted. I didnt know what "noted" meant - did it mean my cancellation was processed or was it under review or something? Anyway, I waited for some communication from the hotel regarding this but no update came for a week.

In this period I sent another mail to you email and only got the auto-response.

Today, 13-Mar-2013, I called your Central resetvation number and they said they can't cancel a booking done via the Lemon tree website. Seriously??? In today's electronic age, you guys can't do that? A real shame if you ask me. Anyway your central reservation team asked me to contact the hotel directly for cancellation.

I then called your Lemon Tree Premiere hotel, Bangalore.  The lady who answered the call said that she couldn't find a reservation in my name. I offered to give her the confirmation number I had for the booking and she was ok. Just as I started with the first three digits she stopped me saying that all your confirmation numbers began with "11". And she also said that you don't do reservations via your website. She didn't know how I could cancel my reservation through the website and told me to talk to your central reservation team inspite of me teelong her repeatedly that I'd already done that.

I had to cut the call with her because it was just too annoying.

I went to your website and found a link for cancellation. To my surprise it accepted the confirmation number perfectly and showed me my booking.  It was shocking to see that my booking had NOT BEEN CANCELLED!!!

I cancelled it immediately and confirmed that the status showed cancelled - also got an auto-mail from your hotel for the same.

All in all, it has been a terrible experience and from a brand that is supposed to be "upscale"???? Pathetic.

I don't think anyone is going to read this - response is not even expected. I'll post this on your Facebook so that others are aware of your downright pathetic helpline folks.

Shame.

• Stayed March 2013
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the reservation/cancellation you made at Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru. May I apologize for not meeting your expectations during this experience.

Re the cancellation you wanted made for your 16th March reservation, the Central Reservations Center did make the cancellation and write back to you in response to your 6th March email. We apologize for the inconvenience you faced later when you called Central Reservations and the hotel to recheck about this cancellation. We have noted your comments and are reviewing the reservation/cancellation process so that we can ensure a smooth and efficient experience for our customers.

Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you at the hotel soon. Please email me at gopa.kumar@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

With best regards,
Yours sincerely,

Gopa Kumar
Hotel General Manager
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

As I am a regular guest of Slounge. I found the hotel staff is very friendly & attractive as they are always ready to help the guest. Chandan & suraj is a excellent bar man over there. They are very helpful and always ready to serve the guest. Both of them are good in talking to guest. one think i like in Chandan that he carry the menu of bar but before presenting the menu to any person he ask his choice, like what the person like to have.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had booked two rooms for the weekend to stay with the family. Was pleasantly surprised on reaching the hotel, that the same had been upgraded to a suite. This is a very cosy and well maintained property in Bangalore, close to the Ulsoor lake. Complimentary breakfast is a lavish and varied spread, and the food overall is pretty good. The rooms are well maintained and staff is cheerful and helpful. All in all, a no compliants hotel in Bangalore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Lemon Tree with 3 adults and 3 kids in the Executive Suite because it was situated near my family in India. Firstly the great things:
The executive suite is a nice size. We had a King bed for my wife and I and the adjoining sitting room was able to have another bed for our aupair and kids - 1500 Rs extra a night for the bed).
Breakfast Buffet was wonderful (All varieties of foods, South Indian, American, European), all delicious.
Rooms were very clean and maintained nicely.
Pool was clean (but unfortunately cold).

Bar was dark and dingy. The Bar staff were very friendly but they didn't know how to make the drinks. We spent around $80 US for 4 martinis that weren't that great. I assumed that since we were lemontree members we would get the 2 for 1 drink deal, which would have been more in line with big city mixed drink prices. Over all the hotel was wonderful except for the Bar Experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Bar experience: we are sorry you did not enjoy the ambience and cocktails at Slounge – our recreation bar. We regularly revamp our bar menus and try and experiment with them so that we can refresh the experience for guests. The drink you tried is called Citrus Lemon Martini and is a specially designed vodka based Martini, which is different from its original Vermouth based recipe.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.pbl1@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Gopakumar
Hotel General Manager
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Came here for a meeting, excellent stay, great staff! Awesome restaurant, clean room, hot water, great water pressure, friendly staff. It was an easy check in. I have stayed at several other lemon tree hotels around India, it is a great brand. Maha, who works as front desk reception manager made sure we had an enjoyable stay, if you are in .bangalore, be sure to stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake, Bengaluru? Share your experiences!