“Undoubtedly the best place to stay in bengaluru!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road

You added Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road to your Saves list
Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Hosur Road, opposite Live 100 Hospital | near Electronic City, Hosur Main Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560008, India   |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Undoubtedly the best place to stay in bengaluru!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at keys for a couple of nights and my overall experience is just outstanding!! This was my first trip to bangalore and I wasn't aware about decent staying options, on a quick online search I read quite nice reviews about this hotel and chose this over Citrus hotel.They offer the best experience at the most competitive price. The lobby of this hotel though not so big has adequet lightening which gives you a pleasant feeling when you enter this place. It's quite and I like that .To my surprise my check in was very quick (less than 5 mins). and check out was even quicker. They have a nice card system which enables you to access almost everything like elevators, rooms, vending machines etc. Rooms are comparatively small but are kept very neat and tidy with a modern look and offer a fresh feel when you enter the room. Bathrooms are very hygienic, Iron, ironing boards, small fridge, lcd, electric kettle and laundry service are some of the in room facilities. 2 thumbs up for their housekeeping for the same. The in-room food service is highly overpriced so ill suggest you all to try the buffets at their cafe it is quite decently priced and offer a variety of menu also there isn't any good eating outlet or restaurants available in the vicinity. Lastly the best part about the hotel is their staff. They are friendly, courteous and ready to offer you any sort of help even at the n'th hour still maintaining the smile on their face .
This hotel is an example how hotels in India should be and not like just looting their guests all the time over different things!! If I ever come again in the city I know where to stay this time atleast!!! :)

Room Tip: A small tip if anyone wants to book this hotel visit their website they offer rooms and few faciliti...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and are truly honoured that Keys Hotel, Hosur road will be your preferred choice whenever you visit Bengaluru.We sincerely appreciate you taking time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and it is heartening for us to read such a delightful review. Every guest is special to us and it is our endeavour to make sure that they have a memorable experience. Your kind words of recognition will certainly act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

We thank you for your recommendation and I do hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many Keys Hotels & Resorts in the future.

Look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Best wishes,
Athena Kaul
athena.kaul@keyshotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had a work in Electronic City and was staying here. Overall found to be good hotel. Its clean and feels new. The food was excellent with wide variety on dinner buffet. On one of the dinner, didnt find a place to sit because a large group had arrived, but thats ok.

When you enter the hallway you feel as if its a long train on both sides, but no, there are 20 rooms in a row !! As you start walking down the hallway, you feel bit scary, because its all silent and kind of dark. You feel as if your room will never arrive , just keep walking, just keep walking. But its safe !! Nothing to worry. If you board the train on the left side (I mean the room) the windows open in front of a factory. There is no view

The rooms were very clean, but small. The room that I was staying in was probably locked out for several days. It had a stink for first day as if the the room isnt in use. For the service every time the staff took too much of time. I requested coffee sachets. After 3 calls, got it in 30 mins !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to note that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your dining experience. Your kind words of appreciation has been shared with the Food and Beverage team.

I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you with respect to service and room cleanliness. Let me assure you that your feedback has been shared with the relevant teams and corrective action has been initiated. We appreciate your feedback which helps us to constantly review and improve our services in order to enhance guest experience.

We value your support and I take this opportunity to assure you that we will make every effort to ensure that your next stay with us is truly memorable.

Best wishes,
Athena Kaul
Keys Hotel, Hosur Road
athena.kaul@keyshotels.com
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at The Keys,Hosur Road for a night as a night stopover.Brilliant and functional place.It puts to shame all the other hotels in the country in comparison to Keys and makes one realise how much the other hotels overcharge their guests in the guise of room tariffs.The lobby is very upmarket and chic.No frills of 10 different people running upto you wishing and fussing around you with your luggage etc.Guests carry their own luggage upto the reception,pick up the keys and take the elevator upto their rooms.The floors corridors are carpeted and smell nice.There is even a shoe shine and ice dispenser on the 5th floor going by what is written on the boards.The rooms are excellent,bed is comfy,there is a gym in the hotel as well.

Check in staff need a lot more training to handle situations.They are all good and sincere but they need some formal training,too many goofups and take painstakingly long to clear the checkouts and checkins.Another downside to the hotel from what I see are the meal portions.They are overpriced from the point of quantity to price ratio.A dish is never ever going to be enough for one person.The burgers and sandwiches are just enough for about 2-3 bites and are priced very high.If they could get this thing right,then the place would just be perfect.The buffet lunches,dinners and breakfasts are excellent though and perfectly priced especially if booked online at the time of room booking.Dont bother venturing anywhere near their inroom menu.For two meals we ended up paying more than our entire room tariff-so now you know how they are priced.A bad coffee priced at INR 90 or so is unacceptable and a glass of milk for my daughter priced at INR 70 is way too expensive for the category of hotels this particular one is placed in.So next time onwards no inroom service for me sheerly for the matter of those measly stingy portions.If the portions were adequate I might have second thoughts at paying those high rates but not for these.

The bathroom has a separate wet and dry area.Soap dispensers available near the shower and near the wash basin.All other toiletries come at a price and have to be bought from the dispenser in the ground floor.I do not know how are they priced as I did not bother with those.

Opt for the women's special room if you need a queen bed,(surprisingly the hotel has no king beds on offer-something that is not quite to my liking)else the rooms are equipped with twin beds.There is a small cute LCD tv,but the channels on offer are pathetic.They have tied up with some local cable guy who offers only the free to air channels which means none of the popular channels are available.This definitely needs an urgent look into by the management and would be a nice change to have more options in the tv other than these zillion doordarshan channels in today' age.The pillows are soft and comfortable.

A suggestion to the housekeeping:the very look of the rooms would change if the pillows on the beds are placed upright and angled against the wall.There is no headboard on the wall,so if the pillows are placed upright instead of placing them how they are placed today(placed flat on the bed) it would give an excellent appearance to the room..But for this there are no headboards!and this is the 1st thing that hits you when you enter the room.Maybe its something that only the keen eye notices.

Overall an excellent place and highly reccomended,if you are on a short stay and are just looking for a place to crash and not spend time inside the room.Wifi is iffy-works at times and doesnt work at other times.Dont be fooled by all those wifi free offers that keep popping up on all the travel portals,the wifi is free only for two hours-i wasnt in the mood to go and argue so I just let it be.

Hopefully the country sees more of these kind of hotels.Hats off to Keys for introducing this concept of hoteliering.Definitely coming back as long as prices are kept in check in the range of sub-2000 per night.Anything above it is not worth or value for money for this hotel.Especially considering that there is an Ibis exactly opposite this place,that should be an incentive for Keys to get their act together.

Room Tip: Opt for the Woman' special room if you want a Queen bed.There are no King Beds in the hotel and...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

I am glad you explored the hotel and pleased to note that you will be visiting us again. We appreciate your detailed feedback which helps us to continuously assess and constructively improve our services.
I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you with the concerned aspects that you have shared. Let me assure you that your feedback has been shared with the relevant teams and corrective action has been initiated. I would also like to assure you that our pricing is line with similar cadre hotels in the vicinity. Being a business hotel, most of our facilites and services have been tailored at a value around the requirements of a Corporate traveller.

I once again thank you for your feedback and recommendation of our brand. We are glad that we will have opportunity to welcome you back and be of service to you.

Cheers,
Athena
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Food was excellent and cost effective. stay was good. very cleanliness. Hospitality was good. every thing was quite good. I feel view was not that good. overall it is satisfactory. Buffet was excellent. Lot of varieties in veg and non-veg. Especially soup was so tasty..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your experience at Keys Hosur.

It is only with support and patronage from guest like yourself that we are able to create memorable experiences.

At Keys Hotels is our constant endeavor with high standards of service and efficiency.

We look forward to your continued support, and welcoming you back on your next visit to Bengaluru.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

In short, keys - hosur road, killed the respect I had for the brand and also my name in front of my people as I had cancelled IBIS bookings preferring Keys.
The check in was quick, even though the staff was 'very serious' young gals who didnt have any clue regarding the booking I had made online. We were allotted a room, and it was really done well. 5 marks for that.
We were out of the hotel with in an hour, and the receptionist made it a point to ask, "are you checking out" every time we exited the hotel, so much so that I told her finally, "mam, I will inform an hour in advance if i am checking out and do check in the online reservation I had done. The same is for 2 days".
Later we had dinner through room service, and it costed us a bomb! funny part is the house keeping number was always busy and how much ever we tried the plates were cleared only next day morning. House keeping was extremely lousy.
This kept happening all through our stay, and the plates were cleared only by room service during the next meal delivery!!! Our room was also not cleaned on one day, giving me the feeling that the rooms are made only if u ask them to do so.
The reservation coupon said, internet was free, only to find out later that it is restricted to two hours. Upon calling the reception, they gave us a id & password, which never worked. Upon asking the reception again, the response, "i will check and get back" which never happened.
Lastly, since it was a business hotel, basic expectation of grooming kit and dental kit in the bathroom was there. I was disappointed not to find the same but thot will call for the same through house keeping if&when required. Next day morning, i came to know that you will have to pay & pick them yourselves from the vending machine in the ground floor. That went really over the roof, if they expect the guests to dress up in the morning to collect the kits from the vending machine or to expect to make profits out of necessities like that.
Anyways, no further Keys in my bangalore trips, it was immediately decided!

Room Tip: Confirm your online booking through phone calls. Pick non-smoking rooms, others stink! Pay and pic...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
General Manager H, General Manager at Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

It is very disturbing to know that your recent stay at our hotel was not a very memorable one. It was full of undesired and unexpected incidents.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel, at the same time we have identified the reasons of discomfort by a thorough investigation.
There is a very reliable process in place to serve you better during your next stay and I also assure you the best of our hospitality in future.

Pondicherry, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We checked-in on 05.01.2013 around 5.30PM. When you enter the reception it is a gloomy place with very serious front office people. We have booked through online(keys reservation)and for a twin (non smoking room). Check in was very fast.When we entered the room we found that it was not a twin bed room. We requested for a change. They gave us another room after I talked to the receptionist. When we entered the second room it was a smoking room (I do not know why they offered a smoking room for 3 females!!!)The room was stinking. My mother who is an asthma patient has to stay in that room. I asked for a change. Their reply was interesting “all the twin rooms are booked". My question is I have also booked through their reservation system and they have an option for twin bed. I booked for that. If there is a change, wasn't that their duty to inform me in advance? or at least at the reception counter? Sending three women to a smelly smoking room is fair??. We just came to the lobby and said we are checking out. One of the front office executive came forward and tried to pacify me. She said that she will arrange and extra bed and in the first room and please excuse for the inconvenience. We came back to the room. Around 7 30 PM I got a call that there is no extra bed. They have only mattress. This time I couldn't control my anger and I asked to meet their manager. But according to them all the managers were left for the day. They will come back on next day only. Meanwhile we saw lots of people were checking in. At 9PM I asked the front office to arrange an extra bed realizing the fact that they are just playing with us and informed her that I will check out in the next morning and I don’t need the mattress. Then came the answer- Ma’m we will give you a twin bed room. But they showed the courtesy to make sure that the room is not smelly. Finally amidst of all drama we got a room to sleep comfortably. Here I want to know one thing -who is the culprit?
1.Do they have a faulty reservation system which shows twin bed room "available" when it doesn't have?
2.The front office people who will not see the type of guest (female/old,kid etc)??
3. Or Myself for choosing this hotel based on ranking in TripAdvisor?.
I prefer to go with the third option.I will not make this mistake again and I will not go to this hotel in my lifetime.
But I have to mention some good things. The restaurant... it is one of the best in Bangalore. They have good food and good staff. But it was quite surprising that they didn't have a buffet lunch on Sundays....Cleanliness.. superb... wifi facility is also good. But will not go back again...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam,

It is very painful to know that your recent stay at our hotel was not very good and was very tiring as well.
I have understood the kind of situation you have been through, me and my team have gone into the grass root level of the situation. We have planned a proper process to eliminate the recurring of the inconvenience in future.
I would request you to treat it as one those incident which is not the reflection of our regular services.
I would like to invite you again to experience the changes and modification in the attitude of our services to help you have a best future stay.

MUMBAI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Did a check on tripadvisor before leaving. Did not book in advance as there could have been a change in plan.
I chose KEYS on the basis of TRIPADVISOR reviews which were very helpful for this as well as several others.
Good place. Plenty of parking space. Need to take the service road in order to get to keys. Had to do a U-turn as I missed the service road and did not want to go in the opposite direction on the service road like others did. Quick Checkin. Nice Room. Double bed. Wife, son(9) and myself. Bed felt small for 2 people. Dinner Buffet was Rs.399+taxes. Room service available. Best to have dinner out if you are on a budget. Good Ameneties. Tea Coffee sachet's available with 2 cups and 2 bottles of water along with a water heater...all complimentry. Breakfast Buffet is also complimentary. Reception Counter staff not sure of start time for buffet. Luckily someone else did. Good spread. Vanilla Milkshake tops it. Egg counter was not open. Should have been ready as soon as the Buffet was open. Did not miss it though as had other food items to try out.

Overall experience was Very Good. I would give it an 8/10.

Room Tip: Front side facing room had a good view of the Flyover and city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Thanks & Regards

Been to Keys Hotel Bengaluru-Hosur Road? Share your experiences!