“Excellent experience in ITC Hotel at Bangalore” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #7 of 551 hotels in Bangalore
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Excellent experience in ITC Hotel at Bangalore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It's the most comfort and good hotel I stayed in India. Clean, comfort, good service, quiet...The room with a massage chair that let me relax after my business in a day. The bath tube was nice and let me enjoy my bath and relaxing. with a balcony, feel more Bangalore's nature air.

I must mention my driver, I have my 4-hours sight-seeing tour with Hotel Car. He is friendly, nice and work as a guide to introdcude me about Bangalore. He also helped me to buy a tasty and juicy India Mango...... He is a great driver and lucky to meet this friendy guy in my Bangalore trip!!! Excellent hotel, you must stay in!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings of the day to you,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. The team at ITC Gardenia is delighted to receive your comments.

It is our endeavor to ensure that each of our guests enjoy and have a memorable stay with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the Services.

We look forward to your continued visits and the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is surprising to see in Bangalore or in India what I consider to be one of the best hotel I ever been. I just love the room configuration, design and decoration. Service is impeccable. From 6 to 8pm all drinks and cocktails are complimentary. The breakfast is sublim. I don't have enough words to describe this hotel. What I can say is that the owners and managers are pro. They know what is luxury. Very well done ITC team! I have each time the dream to bring my wife here..

Room Tip: No need to take a suite, rooms are good enough...

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us your delightful experience at ITC Gardenia on Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful to know and learn of your cherishing experience whilst at the hotel.

Tirupati, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family for 2 nights, Check-in was fast and efficient, Room (ITC One) was excellent and Butler service is one of the best.

They have a big balcony in ITC One room, and your should not miss gazing the stars from there in night. Whole property is so open and well planned, as if it looks like it was created in the garden. Love the lobby we used to sit there for long time as wind blows through the lobby, its a amazing experience.

But some how I did not like the attitude of Restaurant Staff as in the case with experience at ITC Chola. I think there is some training issues with ITC group on there Restaurant staff, this is second property where I faced the same problem. Though in ITC one Room they provide free in Room Breakfast, for first day we went to coffe shop (Bad decision) and next day I had to ask them to get my breakfast to the room (Which was done perfectly, you should try once to know how lavish they are on that :) )

All in all a perfect stay and love the hospitality of ITC Group.

Room Tip: If you have a choice to get your Food in room, please use that Choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HotelMgmtITCGardenia, Manager at ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from ITC Gardenia!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our services.

We have taken cognizance of the same and wish to assure you that this is being suitably addressed by us to ensure there is no recurrence in future.

We thank you for your patronage as it is guest like you who lend stature to our product.

Sherman, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff at the hotel is very courteous, and the 'customize your stay' feature worked for the most part... for instance I requested memory foam and firm pillows which had been delivered to my room before I arrived. The rooms are well appointed, and are clean.

The internet service is quite expensive, but very reliable and ubiquitously available throughout the property, and once connected for the time period subscribed, up to 3 devices remained well connected without needing to re-authenticate each time (which is a nice setup compared to other hotels I have stayed at.)

Happy hour in the hotel bar from 6 to 8pm for guests was a nice little bonus where I could unwind with some colleagues after a busy workday.

Airport transfers were arranged directly with the hotel, and they were waiting in the arrival area as expected.

A couple of areas which could be improved include that despite the fact that I submitted a copy of my passport and visa for India ahead of time (as part of the customize your stay) they still required them at check in - considering that because of the flight schedule you arrive into India at 1:10am India time... I just wanted the check-in process to be as quick as possible.

I booked a return car service, yet while they picked me up they had no record of the drop-off. Not a big deal as they had a car available... but could have been worse if they had not had one available.

The breakfast buffet was adequate, but after staying for 6 days it gets quite repetitive. There are 3 restaurants, the buffet, Kebabs and Curries (my favorite) and a western style grill. Unfortunately without going a fair distance there are no other local restaurant options.

Overall, the hotel is good and extremely conveniently located for our offices which given the unpredictable traffic in Bangalore is a plus - so it is a natural choice for us. If the office was not close by, and we did not have a negotiated corporate rate, I am not sure I would chose to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from the ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru

I would like to thank you for giving us your valuable feedback on your stay at ITC Gardenia and have taken cognizance of your observation. Your feedback will undoubtedly help us enhance guest experience.

Thank you for your appreciative comments on our Staff and restaurants.

The team at ITC Gardenia is committed to quality service and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This place is central, secure and spectacular. I have stayed in this hotel about 10 times. They have a 25Meter rooftop exercise pool, several restaurants and a spectacular bar and lobby. In my travels in India this place tops the chart.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
Dear Guest,

Greetings of the day to you...

Thank you very much indeed for sparing time to share with us such a delightful review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Service. We at ITC Gardenia are committed to quality service to ensure that our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay.

Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This review is based on the restaurant outlets at the hotel--although eventhough I have not slept in a room at the hotel the overall experience of ITC Gardenia has been lackluster (been here twice for meals). Just walking through the Lobby and public areas does not feel like a luxury place. More like an outdated hotel from the 80s. First off, the casual 'multi-cuisine' restaurant is a disaster. Service was horrid--took 3 times to order an iced-coffee, and they still got it wrong. No one has any sense of urgency...waited over 15 mins. just for drinks! After expressing concern with poor service in a pleasant manner, nothing was done and we hardly got an apology. A month later my friend and I decided to give the place another try--this time we went back to the multi cuisine restaurant. Stood there for over a minute trying to get someone's attention...no hostess, no greeter nothing. Finally a server came and we inquired about the dinner buffet. He had no clue what the price was. There was a terrible 'live' music trio playing with a turned up amp. We could barely even communicate with the server--decided to leave and ended up dining at the Indian restaurant, "Kebabs and Curries." The food was not bad--although I specifically told the server I did not want 'spicy' food. The lamb kebab was spicy, and when I brought this to the server's attention he replied "the lamb is already made with spice". Again, incompetence. The real problem with this place though doesn't lie in the food. The service is just horrendous. A fine dining establishment in a luxury hotel? It was laughable. The phone was rang for a solid 3-4 minutes without a staff member walking over to answer it. I had to tell a random employee to please go get the phone as it was annoying after the first 20 some rings. Looking around and the restaurant was half full and had PLENTY of staff, yet we witnessed other patrons waiting at the door without anyone going over to seat them. We ended up waiting 20 mins for our check to arrive. I asked for a finger bowl (which they usually always give automatically at Indian restaurants across Bangalore). The server told me he would bring one right away...he returned 5 mins later with a cold towel. The issues go on and on. Not once did anyone come to check on our table--we had to flag down a random employee to get the bill. Menu items are extremely over-priced. They sell you a kebab platter and then when you get sauce and 'Indian bread' to go along with it they charge for each. 650 for bread? 450 for sauce? Really? The whole place just feels cheap...like something out of the 1980s. Will never return and/or recommend. My suggestion would be to send EVERYONE involved with the restaurants to standard food service class.

Room Tip: Restaurant service is TERRIBLE!
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from ITC Gardenia!

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our services.

Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Always enjoyed staying with ITC Gardenia. Special attraction is the reception when you check in, you can actually experience the Indian hospitality. Perhaps one of the best ITC Hotel in India. Very courteous staff and excellent service.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Greetings of the day to you.

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us such a delightful review on Trip Advisor. We are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do look forward to your next visit and to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future

Best Regards

Been to ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru? Share your experiences!