This is my second time at the ITC Gardenia and I've had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is outstanding and the location is one of the best in Bangalore.
I've stayed at the One suite and is is very good. The suite is quite large and very comfortable. It was also very clean and well maintained. It is definitely worth the extra cost.
The hotel offers a nice variety of services. The fitness center is good with quite a few options of (good) equipment to use. The restaurants are good, although I feel they are a expensive and you will end up spending a lot on food whenever eating at the hotel.
The food at the Cubbon pavilion was was good in general but I felt it was a little too expensive and sometimes limited in variety. Service at the Cubbon pavilion also ranged from very good to poor, depending on how full the place was. Breakfast was usually busy and service could become faulty as they had a lot of people to service and it looks like they couldn't keep up with cleaning tables and providing proper service.
A couple of things to watch for:
- Be careful when requesting a driver to take you shopping. I knew the area before and wanted to go to specific stores. However, I found it difficult to "convince" the driver to take me where I wanted to go. It looks like they receive some sort of commission from stores and I've had to go through some convincing to be taken where I wanted to.
- The Internet is very expensive and the cheapest connection available is kind of slow. I've upgraded to the intermediate and it worked really well after.
Overall this is a great hotel and I will definitely be looking to get back when traveling back to Bangalore.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Gardenia, Bengaluru Hotel
- Itc Gardenia, Bengaluru Hotel Bangalore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ITC Gardenia is inspired by the beautiful garden city of Bengaluru. The hotel is conceived as a building set in a garden, where interiors and exteriors amalgamate into each other with the realm of architectural aesthetics and landscaping sensibilities. The spaces are organized around a sequence of gardens and landscaped areas. The Lotus pavilion set in the central court echoes the spirit of the historic Sri Rangapattanam. The sloping roof that express different levels, breaks up the building block and places the hotel in context by their reference to the traditional architect Bengaluru. The whole facade is in clay bricks which go hand-in-hand with the garden environment and subtly merging with it. The ethos of ITC Gardenia is ‘Forward to Green, Back to Nature.’ The hotel’s environment friendly practices such as Energy Efficiency, Zero Solid Waste management goes hand in hand with aspects of the hotel that blends well with a green garden ambiance. Each of the exquisitely designed and magnificently appointed 292 rooms and suites, including the Presidential Suite with one indoor pool, blend seamlessly with the garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your ITC Gardenia, Bengaluru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.