“excellent (unless you come for Bangalore nightlife and shoppping)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru

You added Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru to your Saves list
Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55A, Hosur Main Road, Electronics City, Phase I, | Electronics City, Phase I, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560100, India   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ghent, Belgium
“excellent (unless you come for Bangalore nightlife and shoppping)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days in April 2013 on a business trip.Overall very pleased; the location is great if you are in town for the IT firms in Electronic City; location is bad if you want to focus on the shops and bars of , say, MG road and Church street.

good things about the hotel:
-modern rooms, spacious enough, good a/c (but it seemed impossible not to have it blow on you when in bed or at the desk, even at the lowest volume; also quite noisy, but this is the case in many hotels the world over, even classy and expensive ones; designing a good a/c system seems to be difficult)
-everything in the building is stylish, with bright colors; pool (smallish; I guess something like 15 by 4 or 5meters) is a nice bonus. Wife of colleague enjoyed the spa all day
-great breakfast buffet, with choice of both western (croissants, brioches, English breakfast, even nürnberger suasages on one occasion) and Indian dishes; all kinds of ommelettes etc. on request
-Citrus Café does a more than decent buffet at night, with lots of local dishes but also some European things on offer; à la carte there is a very wide choice (though not everything is available at any time); the Pan-asian restaurant is really good
-friendly staff
-fleet of cars with driver available, at rates that are very attractive to westerners (though 9000 rupees for a 12 hr is not very cheap for a tourist trip to neighbouring (150 km one way) Mysore compared to what you pay in the middle east, 1500 rupees for a 4 hr trip to the city centre is a great bargain)
-small but very nice touches are the complimentary newspaper and bottle of water (1 litre) every day

less good things about the hotel:
-location bang in the middle of Electronic City makes it ideal if you're here for one of the IT firms; the traditional center (MG Rd.) of Bangalore is 40 minutes to 1.5 hours away by car (depending on traffic)- count on 1 hr on average
-if you want a supermarket or ATM you need to walk at least 10, more like 15 minutes through unattractive streets; if you want other shops, you need to take a taxi; in other words, Wipro is around the corner, but in many senses the hotel is in the middle of nowhere, in an environment that is like a business park
- small issues: for airco, see s above; bathroom has bath and shower (with curtain, not glass) in one, whereas stand-alone shower without bath is always more comfortable; jet of shower is also rather weak whereas jet of tap for bath is strong.
- the hotel is plastered with frames containing the text of jokes; some of these are downright offensive to women- I'm a man myself- and the others too mostly contain the sort of humour that in Europe and the west was common until probably the 1950's or perhaps even '70s but certainly no later

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Response:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the hotel facilities.

We have noted your comments regarding:

•Location: Electronics City is located at a distance from the city area but the travel time is quite short on account of the elevated expressway that connects the area to the city center in under 15 minutes. Bengaluru now has many geographical hubs spread across the city and hotels have come up in these mini-markets for the convenience of business travelers.
•Air-conditioning in the room: we provide ac controls in each room that help monitor the temperature and fan speed. With central air-conditioning, the direction of the air is more or less fixed.

Please let me know when you plan another visit and email me the details at gm.ec@lemontreehotels.com. I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

They are not showing IPL as they dont have setmax channel .So if you are visiting during IPL days you need to decided. Overall staff is good apart from couple of front desk (girls).Please carefully chk your bill before leaving.Breakfast is good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Response:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

IPL screening: we are not able to bring you IPL season this year. TV channels often increase their commercial rates for hotels for prime time programs like IPL. This would result in Lemon Tree/Red Fox increasing its room rate significantly during these months. In keeping with our value-for-money philosophy, we have not subscribed to it at this hotel.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.ec@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Over all my stay at this hotel was good. I actually loved the room, it was georgeous! the view over the pool was beautiful! Customer service was superb, everyone was very polite and willing to please. I would definitely stay there again, in fact, I am expect back in Bangalore soon and will be staying at the Lemon Tree. Only one major dislike and that was that I was charged for using my microwave oven; I am from the U.S. and that is included in your stay so I was caught off guard when charged for this. My other issue was that I must have been in the room next to the genarator because I kept hearing loud wierd noise all day.(I worked during the evening and sleep(or tried to sleep) during the day) And lastly, since I'm from the U.S. I wanted/needed to contact my family and the hotel only allow you 30mins of free WIFI per day. I don't understand why it is not free all the time, if not all day, then at least an hour. It is free in the Media Business Room but the connection is soooooo slow I just said forget it.

Other than those three issues my stay at Lemon Tree was wonderful.

Room Tip: Well I loved the room over looking the pool, maybe chose another floor level other than the 3rd floo...
American Canyon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

1st time I stayed in this property at bangalore; good overall experience. Especially the courteous staff, breakfast and room interiors were impressive. The hotel property was conveniently located The break fast spread was wide and very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

nice place to stay if work is in electronics city which is so close by
excellent breakfast and dinner

suggestions

1 please place the water pipe to the right side of the toiletseat
2 please inform the guest that all the food items kept in the room are chargeable
since your charges for these food items are way too costly
3 the quality of all varieties of idli needs improvement

Dear Guest,

•Quality of food: we are sorry you did not enjoy the food during your stay. We are constantly working on improving the quality and variety of our food and experimenting with new menus, based on the feedback given by our guests.
•Minibar items: it is an industry norm to charge for minibar items and all rooms have a list with prices placed near the minibar. We have been careful to benchmark competitors in our segment in order to set a very competitive price for these items. We do hope you find Lemon Tree to be value-for-money on your next visit.

mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel and I was very annoyed by the poor customer service in this hotel.The staff is in the habit of saying "we have no time" for any small request or help required by the the customer.I believe in a service industry such as a hotel such kinds of replies are not acceptable.The only good thing about the hotel is the food quality which is exceptional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Marlow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed here about 5 times. Very convenient for where I visit in Electronic City. Staff are helpful. The outdoor pool is quite cool, but that's great for shaking off jetlag. Food is fine. Room is clean.
It would be nice if internet access was included in the price though. Or if there was a package for 24h internet without the other add-ons like airport taxi etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Internet services: our internet services have been outsourced to a nationally reputed service provider and we levy a minimal mark-up on their charges to recover our administrative costs. The reason we do not provide 24X7 net access complimentary, is because we would then have to recover the cost equally from the room rate of all our guests rather than only actual users (currently ~60% of our guests) which we felt would be inherently unfair to those not using these services. We do offer a basic package of complimentary breakfast and free WiFi access if you book your stay with us through our website lemontreehotels.com.

Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru

Been to Lemon Tree Hotel, Electronics City, Bengaluru? Share your experiences!