“Gem of a hotel. Priceless Service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sri Lakshmi Comforts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Sri Lakshmi Comforts
You added Sri Lakshmi Comforts to your Saves list
#117 M.G. Road | Anil Kumble Circle | Near Kumble Circle, Next to LIC, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560001, India (Richmond Town)   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gokarna
“Gem of a hotel. Priceless Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a gem of a hotel. Although a little more expensive than I like to pay on a budget trip to India, it really was excellent value.

The TV and 24 hour hot water were a welcome respite after three weeks of 'roughing' it. The room was simple but clean and the single bed was far more comfortable than most. It even had a working lift.

Being near the MG Road - it was noisy but that is to be expected in any Indian city. Being used to this, I had earplugs. It is also a little distance from the train station. 70-100 rupees in am auto (they will ask for 200 at the station) Try and walk away a little a flag one down (much easier said than done) Church Street and MG Road are nice for an evening stroll and seemed quite safe to me.

What really makes this place great however, is the service. I arrived half poisened and exhausted after an unpleasant 7 hour local bus trip and a long queue in the train station to sort out onward travel. When I checked in I told them I was hungry and they rushed me straight through to the downstairs restaurant to eat a thali (which was very tasty and reasonably priced) as they were only serving for ten more minutes. My bag was placed in my room for me.

The next day I was leaving on a night train and I inconveniently got sick. They allowed me to stay in my room four hours over the check out time so i didn't have to sit in the train station for hours feeling terrible. I am truly grateful for that. When I left there was little chance someone else could have taken the room and they didn't ask me for any extra money.

I was very happy to stay here and very glad I spent more than I would normally spend for one night in Bangalore. If I have to transit through Bangalore again I will defintely stay here and my heartfelt thanks go to the hotel team for being so kind when I was feeling so sick!

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear kateworldwise,
We are just speechless and are not finding right words to thank you enough for this wonderful review and your precious time for this effort.
The review is very interesting to read and highly informative to other guests who have not yet visited our hotel/Bangalore/ India.
Generally we will have high occupancy rate due to goodwill of our regular guests. However, we do not believe in exploiting our fine guests and priority remains comfort of our guests above everything else (the reason for 24 hour checkout and grace period you have mentioned). We would like to see you with us again during your next visit to Bangalore (in good health of course).
Once again Staff and Management wants to thank you for this detailed and interesting review of our property....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice location and facilities considering that the place is a budget hotel.
The staff was nice and responsive, good service in all.
Late check-in was an added advantage. Had no experience with the food and all.. so I'll skip that :)

Overall : Recommended

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Wolverine S,

We appreciate your time for writing this review in Tripadvisor and thank you for staying with us. We hope you will try our South Indian Vegetarian restaurant during your next visit to Bangalore.
With warm regards,

Staff and Management
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

M/s Sri Lakshmi Comforts hotel is centrally and conveniently located.Rooms are very neat and clean. Service is excellent. As the name of the hotel refers one should definitely fhave a feeling that the stay is really comfortable. I definitely suggest to others to opt this hotel for their pleasant,comfortable stay whenever they visit Bangalore.

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Lakshmana,
We sincerely thank you for your very high rating of our facility and glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us which is a mutual experience from our side. Wish to see you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore. Once again thank you for your time in writing this review.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place was a solid budget option, but based on it's previous ratings, I will admit expecting more. The AC in my room didn't work, nor did the remote for the TV. The front desk guys were very nice, but their English wasn't very good (Not a massive deal with the English, I was just surprised with it being in Bangalore and so well rated).

The beds were comfy enough though- it's a decent budget option for Bangalore.

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear amandamf,
We deeply appreciate your honest review and totally agree with you about higher expectations owing to TripAdvisor reviews by our guests.
That is the reason as you might see, the management makes it a point to impress on the fact that ours is a budget hotel without much frills but located at the heart of Central Business District with a very reasonable tariff.
The effort of the management is to provide clean, comfortable rooms with good service for budget travelers.
However, we regret that the TV remote and A/C did not work in your room and management is very serious about these kind of issues and will take appropriate measures to avoid recurrence of such incidents.
We agree that some of the personnel at front desk are not proficient in English(but they are very polite as observed by you), but again we receive guests from different regions of the world like Israel, Middle East, Europe, South Asian countries, Africa, and different parts of India who would not speak/know English. But our objective is to communicate politely with our guests and try to make them as comfortable as possible in spite of our limitations with respect to certain languages.
Once again Management and Staff would like to sincerely thank you for your valuable time in writing this review which is a good pointer for us to improve in certain areas.
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at Sri Lakshmi Comforts for one day on 04/01/2013. The booking was made for 2 days, but I checked out after one day only, coz my work was over.
I Booked the hotel through clear trip, n that too a Non-AC Room, but the staff upgraded me to AC room, without any hassel n without extra charge.
The price is very affordable as compared to other hotels nearby the area. As a whole, it was a comfortable stay, right in the middle of Bangalore city. This is a quality budget hotel. I found this value for money hotel. It's very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nilesh W,

On the outset we would like to thank you very much for your very positive review. We are happy that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed your time with us.

We appreciate and take pleasure in your quote "As a whole, it was a comfortable stay, right in the middle of Bangalore city. This is a quality budget hotel. I found this value for money hotel. It's very clean and comfortable.
I recommend this hotel if one wants a good quality budget experience in the center of Bangalore. Great value for money" since it is our objective.
Further, to achieve this goal :
We take online bookings without any advance. Guests have the option to see the rooms before actually register to avoid mismatch between their expectations and the available facilities. Apart from providing 24 hours checkout (rare in this area) management tries to be flexible with grace time when ever possible. The management strive for earning and retaining goodwill of our fine guests like yourself,
We wish to see you again with us during your next visit to Bangalore.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at Sri Lakshmi Comforts for one day on 24/12/2012. The price was very affordable. As a whole, it was a comfortable stay, right in the middle of Bangalore city so it was easy to move around on MG Road, very near to Cubbon park,this is a quality budget hotel. I found this value for money hotel. It's very clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
I recommend this hotel if one wants a good quality budget experience in the centre of Bangalore. Great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
slcomforts, Manager at Sri Lakshmi Comforts, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear prg12186,
We consider your very positive rating and review of our establishment as a new year gift and wish you and your family a wonderful, happy and prosperous new year. We appreciate your time for writing this encouraging review which motivates our staff more to maintain the goodwill of fine guests like you.
Once again management and staff sincerely thank you for your wonderful recommendation "I recommend this hotel if one wants a good quality budget experience in the center of Bangalore. Great value for money. "
Hope we will see you again, with us during your next visit to Bangalore.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family and I stayed at Sri Lakshmi Comforts earlier this week for 3 days and 2 nights. The person at the front desk is very friendly and they didn't bother us and offered help whenever required.
The price was also very affordable which was Rs1500 per night for a double non a/c room for 3 people (inclusive of the extra bed,pillow etc.) inclusive of cable tv and hot water.
As a whole, it was a comfortable stay, right in the middle of Bangalore city so it was easy to move around too. Tourist should surely opt for Sri Lakshmi Comforts if they are on a low budget and plan to visit Bangalore.

Room Tip: Pick rooms with windows.