“Oh my god delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Jardin

Le Jardin
37-39, Mahatma Gandhi Road | The Oberoi Bangalore, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560 001, India (Ulsoor)
+91 80 2558 5858
Neighborhood: Ulsoor
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Oh my god delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

What a fabulous Italian restaurant. The taster menu is divine. Theres an option for with or without wine, decided against as 3 glasses of wine was possibly too much on a week night. beef to die for from the highlands, lovely between course amuse bouches. Fabulous

Visited November 2013
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you and for taking time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

The team and I are grateful for your gracious comments. I have conveyed you compliments to the our chefs who were delighted to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We thank you once again for your time and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits

Huvida Marshall (Ms)`

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“The best Meal Experience EVER !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We reached there on an un-eventful Monday afternoon to celebrate our 3rd Wedding Anniversary with the Buffet Lunch. Reservations were done much prior to our arrival and we were welcomed and seated by the staff .

I really don't know from where to start praising them as we were being guided fabulously at every step .. I must add here , that at this juncture ,the Oberoi fellows were blissfully un-aware that it was our Anniversary.

As we were enjoyed the kebabs,dhoklas,dahi vada and plethora of continental cuisine starters , Mr.Akhand(one of the chefs) came by our table to inform that pizza is also part of the buffet and whether we would wanna try some. On learning that we not very inclined for veg pizza , he arranged specially for us a chicken pizza and from that point on ,Mr.Akhand took a keen interest on what we were being served.Towards the end of the meal , he graciously offered us a platter of Kulfi and raspberry-chilli Sorbet which we were informed were on the House and we feel it was an extremely warm gesture... I must add that being a Foodie couple , we have had the opportunity to relish some real good food both in India and abroad ,but the assorted kulfis served were phenomenally tasty and something we never had before. The paan(betel-leaf) flavoured kulfi was one of its kind and the best !! The sorbet literally took our breath away with its sweet-pungent flavour :)
Now came the Big Surprise - I think i must have casualy mentioned to Mr.Akhand that thanks to his attentive service,we really had a wonderful lunch on our special day and Voila --- in a matter of minutes -- a chocolate cake was brought on our Table with Happy Anniversary in Bold Letters !!! I cannot put it in words how much that means to a patron who was a 1st timer at Oberoi,Bangalore. It is this gesture that will bring me back here for any special occasion in my Family because food is best enjoyed with some great people around and in my experience Oberoi's staff is unparallel as far as service is concerned. You guys rock !!! :)
Perhaps ,the review got really huge but I wanted to put it in black and white coz I will personally insist that my family and friends pick Le Jardin as the meal venue for any occassion.

The buffet lunch is worth every penny without a trace of doubt.The 13 course desserts are a visual delight and gastronomically satiating !! Thank You very much for this AMAZING experience !

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you and also for taking time to share such a wonderful and detailed feedback of your dining experience.

We are happy to read such a delightful review.

I have conveyed your compliments to the team at Le Jardin, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Akhand was also pleased to note that his efforts were so well appreciated.

It is our constant endeavour to deliver our best and appreciation such as yours increase our motivation to continually aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We thank you once again for your compliments on Trip Advisor and do look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

huvida.marshall@oberoihotels.com
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Dinner buffet was a let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I think I am reviewing this place for the second time. First I had taken my family to enjoy the Sunday brunch and was overwhelmed with the experience. This time I had been to this place with my family to celebrate my promotion. The rate was Rs.1250/ plus taxes. This is fair priced.

Pros: As always, this is one of the best property to take your family. The place is the best, ambiance so serene and peaceful and as I commented in my previous review, Its truly surprising that they have carved a peaceful place out of the bustling MG Road in Bangalore. They have probably the best Garden in all of Bangalore. The water body which runs as a lining to the hotel is all fantastic. I am not elaborating about the pros, these guys are the best.

Cons : No these are not the negatives rather a few points which may help the authority to help better the place. I am trying to put my thoughts across. I was informed that my kid of 5 wont be charged and to my surprise she was charged half the price. Now you may think a middle class Indian's intention to get all these at no cost is working here. No its is not. I have been Ritz Carlton a few days before (see my review on them) and they didn't charge my kid. I am not complaining about the charges, I have problem when they misguided me. Now to my surprise, the dinner buffet didn't offer soup as part of the spread. Just think, it would have been fantastic if they had this and a hot soup in the winter evening in Bangalore cant be missed. And no ice cream as well?? Most of the visitors had they kids along with them for the buffet and something like Ice cream is a big let down for the kids. Does these additions cost Oberoi much?, If cost is the issue, please increase the prices rightly, I don't think your customers will complain. But these are essentials which cant be missed. I did notice that many tables were occupied with people and making noise, this is not expected from a fine dine restaurant. This is total let down for a family which came to enjoy their evening. Maybe I am complaining, since this time Le Jardin was a let down. I am rating it 3 and will definitely come back and will rate better if the experience has improved.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful to you for your compliments on our service. I have conveyed your generous comments to the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We have noted your comments on the dinner buffet and are grateful for your feedback.

It is our sincere endeavour to deliver our best and feedback such as yours helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions in order to constantly improve and I thank you once again for sharing your comments.

We thank you for your support and patronage and look forward to welcoming your family and you back.

If I can be of any assistance, please do feel free to contact me.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“About average. Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We reached there little late at around 10:30PM and were surprised to see no customer there at the restaurant. We found food to be good (not great and really small portions). Service was very good. Ambiance .. had to be good .. its Oberoi after all. Based on other reviews may be their buffet is good. 6K for a couple dinner (all veg + couple of wine glasses) is expensive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oberoi_Bangalore, General Manager at Le Jardin, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor.

We are grateful for your compliments on our service and ambiance.

We have also noted your comments on the food and would like to thank you for sharing your views.

The team and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Bangalore, India
“A must visit for connoisseurs in Bangalore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My Wife and I wanted to have a good leisurely Monday lunch, with this being a holiday for Dussehra.
Also, it was an opportunity for me to grab some meat after being herbivorous for a couple of weeks.
Le Jardin had been on our wishlist for a while, and we felt it would be a good opportunity to treat ourselves to a good meal at the Oberoi.

Ambiance:-
Le Jardin is the multi cuisine restaurant at the Oberoi, and the moment you cross the lobby you enter an oasis of calm. On one side you have the restaurants and the bar which has both indoor as well as outdoor seating.
The other side is the garden area with a small water body, a fountain and plenty of greenery. The restaurant has large glass windows overlooking the thai restaurant Rim Naam, and part of the garden area.
The moment we sat down at our table, we felt good looking at the bright and lovely decore outside. Indoors has a more rustic look with large overhead fans and the buffet counter lined up on one side.

Food:-
They have options of buffet apart from the menu, and buffet is priced at about 1200 including taxes.
We opted for the buffet and were served soup and starters on the table.
The crab pea soup was lovely, creamy with very small pieces of crab, and my wife had the dal shorba which was also unusually nice.
For starters we were served paneer tikka and chicken seekh kabab apart from veg and non-veg dimsums.
The starters were very average, and not hot, so it was surely a let down.
We also took some fresh salads from the counter which had a huge selection. The buffet also had a live pizza and dosa counter.
We tried the dosa and it was actually better than we expected. The flavours were mild, but the sambhar as well as dosa had the right taste. Had it been a little more crisp on the outside, it would've be truly memorable for us.
The rest of the buffet had 6 veg and 6 non veg options including a couple of continental dishes, a few chinese/thai ones and aloo kachori as well. The filling and crispness of the kachoris was ruined by the fact that they were bathed in oil.
Also, there was no proper accompaniments for the chinese gravies, no fried rice and no noodles as well, and i didn't want to eat it with steamed rice, so sampled few of the gravies. Taste was alright, nothing memorable, a bit on the bland side.
Mutton biryani was pretty good as mutton was perfectly cooked.
The standout of the entire meal for us were the desserts. Amazing variety and taste. We must have tasted atleast 6-7 desserts and our table looked like a sweet massacre after the meal.
The baked desserts were fabulous.

Service:-
I must say, the service was world class, truly. The staff is extra ordinarily courteous and care is taken to ensure you are being pampered during your time at the hotel.

Value for money:-
Well, it sure is expensive, but not unjustified as the food, service and ambiance makes up for it. It would be well suited to celebrate those special occasions, or a lovely lunch with your loved ones.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

It was a delight to have your wife and you dine with us at Le Jardin.

We cannot thank you enough for taking time to update your experience on Trip Advisor and also for your kind words of praise for our service and ambiance. We are indeed grateful for this review.

I have shared your positive comments with the Le Jardin team, who were happy to note that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We are grateful for your feedback on our food, particularly on the starters and the Chinese food. Your comments have been shared with our chefs and we do hope to showcase an improvement when you visit us next.

At The Oberoi, Bangalore we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver our best. It is feedback such as yours which helps us to continuously introspect and find permanent solutions in order to constantly improve and I thank you once again for sharing your experi3ence with us.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming your wife and you back.

Vice President and General Manger