“Good experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore

You added The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore to your Saves list
The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ITPL Road | 244 Hoody Village, Rajapalya, Whitefield, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560048, India   |
“Good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Its located on the IT hub of the city, surrounded by IT industry. Great rooms and facilities. Great location. Transportation is very easy. Food is very good along with the room service. The bathroom is really good and from the pool u can get a view as far as your eye can see.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, April 3, 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield,Bengaluru !!

Thank you for staying at The Zuri Whitefield, Bengaluru & taking out time to give us your feedback and valuable comments.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Stay with us, as well as our various Facilities and the Services we provide at the Zuri Whitefield.Such comments coming from you is indeed of real value to us !

We hope to see you again in the near future and I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly at your convenience, so please ask for me. Wishing you the very best.

rahul.kanwar@thezurihotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Last year due to various work commitments we could not travel out of Bangalore and decided to celebrate our anniversary at Zuri. It is one of the worst decisions we have ever made.

They offered us complimentary pick up in a sedan. The driver arrived almost two hours late. This was just the start of a terrible terrible weekend at Zuri. The car was clean and driver quite efficient but nothing could perk us up after a 2 hours wait.

Once we reached the front desk our ordeal continued, the check in was also a terrible experience. The lady was very slow and inefficient. To top it up we had argument for over half hour as she flatly refused to give us the rate that the reservation gave on their e-mail. Finally we checked in to our room.

The room has very loud and gaudy decor with complete with humongous chair in animal skin print and quite flashy paint. The interiors did not appeal to me but room was clean. The bathroom was a little too small and we could not quite enjoy the bath tub as it was quite claustrophobic.

The filth and dirt in the water-body at one end of the lobby made us sick. I have attached a picture so you can judge for yourself.

The swimming pool was a lovely roof top infinity pool but I and I am sure no woman could enjoy it as the hotel staff working in bar and barbecue counter near the pool were openly staring at me. Also we did order some Indian starters from pool side restaurant here . Both the paneer and aloo based starter was without an iota of salt and almost unpalatable. Our compliant to the concerned restaurant manager and front desk both yielded no result.

The only two things to salvage weekend was Sake the pan Asian restaurant and radio in the room that played music from radio stations around the world{ you can listen to radio when soaking in the tub :)}.

What really tipped me over the edge was the attitude of the staff, they were laid back, no smile on faces almost staring at us and asking "why the hell are you bothering me". Final straw was the nonchalant way in which front desk listed to my complaints, they did not even bother to apologise.

I strongly advice you to keep away from this awful place at all cost, it is totally not worth it.

Room Tip: Keep away if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield Bengaluru !

At the very onset please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay.

Rest assured that the points you have kindly mentioned have been addressed with the relevant Departments & Management. We thank you for bringing these shortcomings to our attention; this will enable us to improve our service levels even further.If possible could you please send us your stay dates in August 2013, in order to investigate & making sure the concerned team members are trained & counselled and guest journey is hassle- free which is our motto & vision.

Your experience at the Zuri is what matters most to us, and will always remain a priority.

We hope to see you again in the near future and I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly at your convenience. Wishing you the very best.

Mob No : +91 9986411788
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've stayed at the hotel once. The interior decoration was really different with crazy furniture and colors, however a pleasant place to stay. Good security at the entrance and friendly staff. Food was good, but I couldn't help noticing a lot of cracks in the walls, looking like the building had been built too fast and now as it settled in the ground, cracks were appearing.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, March 28, 2014

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield,Bengaluru !!

Our priority is to ensure that our Guests get the best possible "Zuri Experience" while in our care.We have passed your comments to our Management Team & Staff; thank you for acknowledging their efforts and hard work. As mentioned by you the building is developing cracks; we are already in the process of maintaining the building & making sure necessary preventive maintenance schedules are carried out by our Engineering team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I would say that amongst all the hotels that i have stayed at in Bangalore the Zuri, whitefield would be rated at pole position on my list.

The front desk and concierge are extremely cooperative, warm and welcoming. It being my wedding anniversary was made special all the more by keeping a specially cake at the room.

We had a special candle light dinner at the Indian cuisine restaurant in the pool side. Exquisite grilled food is what is served there. We loved the ambiance to the core.

The have multiple restaurants which serve different cuisines like continental, Indian, Thai, Italian and some more. The pool service is special among them.

The room was decorated for honeymoon couple and it was an awesome experience and surprise for my wife. It was neat and provided with all facilities.

All in all it was value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

i had an overnight stay at zuri. The service was brilliant, courteous and very professional. their pool side dining area is brilliant for a candle light dinner. room was comfortable and the hotel was well lite with good interior.. morning breakfast buffet had lot of options with both indian and continental food.. the stay was worth and would always recommend to my friends/relatives

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors are good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, March 26, 2014

New Delhi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is one of the most disappointing stays I have had in a so called "5 star" hotel. I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the gym is very well equipped. But that's pretty much where the "good stuff" ends. The front desk staff is indifferent (the housekeeping staff were the most hospitable!)..and also a little lazy I think. I had provided some data that they needed to associated with my account on the first day (airline membership number etc.). Much to my surprise, when I verified this on my last day there, they had not bothered to enter it, despite the lady asking me to write it down when I checked in!

Oh and by the way, there's a 20% chance that you will be left in the dark...literally! I used the hair dryer one night, and there was a loud bang/spark and the room went dark. They sent someone to fix it..who arrived 10 minutes later with a ladder but no torch or assistant. So I had to hold up my phone to provide him light while he fixed the fuse....a 5 star apprentice to an (undeserved) 5 star hotel.
Coming to the food...they claim to have the most elaborate breakfast buffet....it is elaborate but there's no variety if you're staying more than a couple days. I found the Indian section very spicy and have no idea how the guests from out of country ever manage to try this food. It's not just the lack of variety...the taste is very average- be it breakfast or dinner - room service orthe coffee shop. I've never tasted such bad, soggy idlis in a place like Bangalore!

I think there are much better, more viable options in this area and you'd be best served to avoid a place like Zuri.

Room Tip: Away from the main road, higher floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest

Greetings from The Zuri Whitefield Bengaluru !

Also as mentioned by you in regards to Airline membership number; would be grateful if you could send the number once again in order for me to check & see if the same has been uploaded by us & the points credited to you.

We hope to see you again in the near future; giving us another opportunity in making sure we deliver the Service & Standard which all Guest's of ours deserve. Wishing you the very best.

Annecy-le-Vieux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Perfect hotel for a business trip, Service is professional and courteous, spa is divine and airport shuttle was mostly appreciated.
Only small regret, capuccino at the breakfast restaurant could be better :-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
rahulkanwar2001, Executive Assistant Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, March 6, 2014

rahul.kanwar@thezurihotels.

Been to The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore? Share your experiences!