“Good Business Hotel, comfortable for a 9 day stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore

You added The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore to your Saves list
The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ITPL Road | 244 Hoody Village, Rajapalya, Whitefield, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560048, India   |
Massachusetts
“Good Business Hotel, comfortable for a 9 day stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at the Zuri during early October for a 9 day stay. I stayed in a Club room. The room was smallish, but very comfortable. The room included a comfortable bed, two night stands, a desk, flat screen TV, cable/digital TV, free internet and a safe. They had a very good selection of TV channels. The desk was comfortable and worked well

The internet was good except you can only have one device on it at a time. So, with my iPad/laptop, I was constantly switching.

The bathroom was also smallish, but included a combo bath/shower with a rain shower. For me, it was big enough. They included use of a robe and slippers.

The room was spotless, and well kept by the staff. My only complaints about the room, was that It was missing two things. An iron/board ( which I requested and received ), and an alarm clock.

The restaurants were good. Breakfast is served every morning in the lobby restaurant. The buffet food was good and contained a set of selections from both Western/Indian cuisine. For those enjoying Western food, they would make to order: Eggs, French Toast, or Pancakes. The French toast was very good, eggs seemed off for some reason, and I really wanted a waffle which was not available. The selection did get a bit repetitive, and was smaller than other hotels I've stayed out in the past in India. I did appreciate it was a bit less formal that other places which I prefer.

For Dinner, I ate at the Italian restaurant 3 times, the lobby restaurant twice. At the Italian restaurant, I ordered the fixed menu twice. It was very reasonable at 1,000RS. It included three courses and unlimited domestic wine. Very much enjoyed this restaurant. I ate two evenings in lobby restaurant. I did the seafood buffet which was the standard Indian buffet + a made to order fish dish. I also did lamb. I found both meals quite good. I ate one evening at the pool by the bar. Again, enjoyed it. I also did room service. The food was delivered quickly and again was very high quality. I did not try the rooftop restaurant.

The hotel was to arrange transportation during my stay. They did airport pickup/drop off with no issue. There was a mix up with whether office transfers were included, which required a phone call from my company. I also did have a missed pickup. I forgot to give a time to the bell staff and a driver forgot to tell the bell desk a pickup time which I provided during a drop off. Overall, the drivers and transportation worked well, just remember to arrange with the bell/travel staff before you leave the hotel. There is a lot of traffic in the Whitefield area and the trip for me to Old Airport Road was longer than one might like.

My only other compliant, though this is true about most business hotels in India, is I'd really love a small shop where I could pick up drinks or a snack ( bag of chips ). If they replaced the overpriced gift shop with something modeled after a Marriott Courtyard Market, it would be greatly appreciated by a traveler like me who is spending a long time at the hotel, but doesn't necessary want to do room service or mini-bar for a small snack.

The staff itself makes every effort to see to your needs. They were friendly and did a good job. I was overall very please with my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on your food and beverage experience.

We have also noted with concern the breakdown in the communication process for the office transfer. Our Front Office team has recognized and reworked the same to good effect through our training and development team. Besides we have taken into account on the feedback regarding a Grab and Go Shop. The same is under a feasibility study.

The feedback regarding the same was shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore, I would be delighted to assist you personally.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was given 3 places as option to stay but chose THE ZURI after going through the reviews. I was welcomed warmly by front desk staff ,was offered a drink at the time of check in. There are lot option for dinning. but i chose Sake which was actually a great place because for the staff and the food. People at the reception always extended a good service whenever asked for.
i will definitely recommend the for all the business travelers.

Room Tip: corner room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, November 26, 2012

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on Front Desk and Sake.

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

First off, I would like to say Hi to Tahira, Siladitiya, and the rest of the staff that made my stay at the Zuri, thanks again for the great service and enjoyable conversations.

The Hotel has nice ambience and amenities with great food spread across several restaurants. I emailed some questions to hotel management regarding the quality and cleanliness of the food, because during my first visit to Bangalore, an associate of mine got quite ill. Hotel Management responded politely and with pride tha t their kitchen was up to and above the international standard for such things. I ate whatever I wanted with absolutely no issues at all. The food was great, and the breakfast buffet was large with a tremendous amount of variety.

However great the hotel was, the staff was even better. It seemed like their sole purpose was to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable, and that they did with genuine care, consideration, and effort. They made me feel like I was their most important guest They paid attention to my habits, and quickly understood what I liked to drink in the morning, what fruit I enjoyed, and many other little things that most often go unnoticed, but when provided, sure does makie time away from home more comffortable. The entire staff was professional and friendly , and I can think of nothing that they could have done more to make my stay more enjoyable. Every time I was greeted, it was with a smile, and through conversations, friendships were made over the duration of my stay.

I would especially like to call out Tahira and Siladitiya. When the associate I was travelling with developed a serious chest cold, Tahira took it upon herself to make sure he got the necessary medicines and care. She gave him complimentary access to the Spa, where he used the steam room to help clear out his cold. And it seemed like the entire staff knew he was not feeling well and were always asking him if there was anything they could do above and beyond.

and then there is Siladitiya, he is the gentleman that took care of my room. talk about attention to detail, he is the detail master. He took notice of all my habits, and constantly asked about any other preferences that he could provide to the room that would make it more comfortable. He asked all the right questions and provided excellent service. In addition, there always seemed to be a few minutes during his busy schedule to have a nice conversation on a more personal level.

thanks again to Tahira, Siladitiya, and the rest of the Zuri staff - best of luck to all of you, it certainly was a pleasure.

Jim Barclay - USA

Dear Mr.Barclay,

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on Tahira, Siladitya and other members of the team who ensured your stay was comfortable.

The entire team is equally delighted with your encouraging feedback on the buffet spread and other services. The same was shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you are in Bangalore , I would be delighted to assist you personally.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Zuri Hotel experience was a memorable one - I had arrived early, and this was my first visit to this hotel, and they upgraded me to a Suite! YAY! The decor is a bit gaudy - but the service is good. The breakfast is amazing - they claim that it is one of the largest spreads in Bangalore. All in all a great experience - maybe they should change their decor to make it more contemporary and modern.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mohantydev, Resident Manager at The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore, responded to this review, October 20, 2012

At the onset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the room upgrade, buffet spread and the service. The same has been shared with the entire team and shall encourage us to deliver our best to you and our other invaluable guests.

The feedback on the décor has been duly noted and shall be utilized during our next product upgradation project.

india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

i checked in to the hotel in early hours. i was welcomed warmly at the counter.i was tired but cold towel and a mocktail made me feel refreshing again.i tried almost all the restaurants and all of them was nice.My complimentary office ride to the office was well taken care of everyday.
over all well trained satff was always there to ask about my stay.

Room Tip: chose a corner room

At the outset allow me to thank you for your stay and feedback.

We are grateful for your kind comments on the product and services. Our endeavour is to be continuously engaged as a professional yet friendly team for our invaluable guests.

We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards.Thus enabling our valuable guests to experience better services in the Hotel.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for almost 2 weeks on business.

The room decoration is a little quirky--a mixture of wall treatments (stone, embossed faux animal skin wallpaper) silver and black furniture and zebraprint easy chair. Marble bathroom.

Kettle in room with tea/coffee but powdered creamer. Bottled water included in rate.

A wide range of items for breakfast in buffet with eggs and dhosa brought to table on demand.

Infinity pool outdoors on 2nd floor, but this is always a bit chilly. Has a "waterfall" feature but this isn't always on.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor for a better view, the lifts are real quick.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

i was asked by my company to stay in the Zuri bangalore. I was picked up at the Airport, and welcomed warmly by the receptionist and to add on a cool moctail.well trained staff escorted me to my room and informed me well about the facilities. morning breakfast was awesome and choice of food in the hotel was exceptional.The room was spacious for a business traveller.
i will definately return to The Zuri

Room Tip: Any Thing is quality

Resident Manager

Been to The Zuri Whitefield Bangalore? Share your experiences!