“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cilantro

Cilantro
4th Block , Koramangala, 9 Drafadila Layout | Halcyon Condominiums, Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
91-9686862505
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,227 of 7,746 Restaurants in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I had the worst experience here on 31st March, 2012. My wife was hungry after finishing a movie show at 10. We didn't knew where to go as most of the Bangalore restaurants are shut by 11. So we decided to head to cilantro which is sunrise to sunrise cafe.
On reaching there, it was clearly written "MIDNIGHT COVER CHARGE" per person is Rs. 300. One of my friend had also joined us. We had reached there at 11 and I am sure everybody will agree that midnight mean 12 and not 11. My wife was only hungry so my friend and I were just there to give her company. When the waiter came to take order he said it would be cover charge of Rs. 300 per person, so I argued that it's from midnight and how is it applicable now. He was very rude in sayin that it's a decision by the "management". When I called the manager he was equally rude sayin that our midnight starts from 11. So this means if only one person wants to eat and the other 2 are not hungry there is no place for such customers in Cilantro.
It was a horrible experience in Terms of the courtesy shown by the staff and how ridiculous it is that the midnight cover charge starts from 11.
Only a advice to all the others, please visit cilantro only when you are hungry and not for just giving company to any1 or else you will end up just like we did.
We had to leave from there and I feel it was good that we left. My wife had yummy chicken in lazeez in koramangla.

Melbourne
“Great staff, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

This restaurant is attached to the hotel I often stay at in Bangalore, but is of stand-alone quality! My favourites are the bhindi masala and the khumb mutter (pea & mushroom)! Stuffed parathas also good and the staff are great whether you're in for a snack or a meal.

Visited October 2011
Hyderabad, India
“Nice Place, ( Open 24 hours )”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was usual haunt in bangalore, we needed to find a place to eat late in the night. If you are from bangalore you know that everything closes at 11:30. Only very few restaurants and Cafes are open at the time. Cilantro's food is quite nice burgers, sandwiches and the buffet as well.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangalore
“Finally a place in Bangalore to dine after 11”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

After watching Delhi-6 and coming out at 1am on Friday, the last thing which I and my wife wanted to do was to go back home (the movie had already shook our brains out :(). After racking our brains for quite a while, my wife remembered an ad of a place which opens "Sunrise to Sunrise". Quite an innovative thought, you see, at a place where all the restaurants down their shutters by 11pm sharp! So we went there and spent some real quality time together. The ambiance was nice, but the Menu was limited. Though I must say it had enough of dishes to keep us away from hunger at such a wee hour. We ordered Onion-Veg Bhajia, Deccan Coffee and Cilantro special Dessert (this was a treat to watch). The bill came out to 300 odd which was not at all a bad deal considering a medium Pizza cost that much....Place worth going specially if you are seeking for options after 11.

“The food & service are nothing to talk about, but I like the privacy and secrecy of the place. Very peaceful place...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

The food & service are nothing to talk about, but I like the privacy and secrecy of the place. Very peaceful place to just laze around in.
Plus hooray! they're open 24 hours! I have to check it out during those hours because restaurants tend to go sloppy during the night. Excep
t empire of curse