“a must read - Begbugs Alert!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rajmahal Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Rajmahal Hotel
You added Rajmahal Hotel to your Saves list
33-34, Seshadri Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560009, India   |
Ranked #412 of 571 Hotels in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“a must read - Begbugs Alert!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at the non-ac standard room in the older building (Annex block). There were three of us and we got this large room which was unusually larger than ordinary non-ac standard rooms so we were happy but the floor was dirty and dusty when we first came in. Then on the first night we tragically found BEDBUGS all over the room - the bed, our luggage and even on our clothes. We informed the hotel and had to wait for some time for someone to come. And it was almost midnight at that time and we understood that we will be moved to other room but what we didn't expect is to have to carry our own luggages and other stuffs while that hotel guy just stood there shouting "Faster, faster!" That hotel guy was definitely in denial that the room was literally infested by bedbugs when he actually took the same bed sheet, blanket and the pillows from the infested room into our new room. I protested but he said there were no bedbugs on the stuffs but I still insisted on new ones which he finally gave in. And the new room was comparatively smaller (way way smaller) than the initial room that we got and we couldn't sleep that night. There were no apologies from the hotel whatsoever which made it all worst!

Room Tip: I would advise that if you really have to stay in this hotel to take any room in the new building in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chennai (Madras), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Pros:
Location very near to railway station and bus stand.
Room service
Room size

Cons:
Very old room
Very old furniture
Untidy bathroom
Worst bed and pillow
Food is ok .they have two type of restaurant .one is pure veg other is multi cuisine with bar attached.

Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Standard rooms for a hotel of this type - hot water from 5am, comfortable bed. I didn't try the restaurants.
I chose this hotel because it was near the railway station and I had stopped in Bangalore to pick up a family member arriving at the airport. If on a leisure trip to Bangalore this place is probably too far from the main action around MG Rd though this will change when the Metro is extended to this area.
I had ordered a car to take me to the airport and back which didn't materialise - someone was sent to wake the driver up and I was only delayed by ten minutes.

The price /quality ratio was good and I can recommend this place as a travel stopover rather than as a holiday visit- unless the delights of Majestic are to your taste.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Just average but decent & clean, basic room service & laundry services. Location within half km of railway station & central bus station.

I remember paying about Rs 300 for Non AC room couple of years back.

Room Tip: The rooms in the left side building are very ordinary. More like dormitory rooms.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I had an interview in Bangalore, so I stayed at the Hotel Rajmahal for 3 days. Prior reservation can be done through email.
The location of the hotel is great. It's pretty near the Majestic bus terminus, but is slightly isolated- which is a good thing, actually. Staying right near a busy city junction involves living near too much commotion. So location-wise, this place is great.
The service is good too. Remember, there is an old wing and a new wing. The old wing looked in bad shape. I stayed in the Deluxe Non/AC double room in the new wing. It was quite good. It costs Rs 1050 per day (excluding taxes). There is a small TV, a nice big bed, a study table and a decent bathroom.
The food is very good- I loved the Prabhu Restaurant situated in the ground floor of the new wing.
There is a small problem of cockroaches. I had to change my room once for this problem. But the people there were really cooperative, and freely allowed me to inspect other rooms.
It was a really satisfying stay. I hope they've managed to sort out the cockroach issue. Other than that, it really is a pretty nice place.

Room Tip: Take the 7th floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Mangalore, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Located right opposite the KSRTC Bus Stand and Railway Station at Anand Rao Circle, and a walkable distance from both. But please note that come evening or night, this doesn't look a safe neighbourhood for a family with women and kids. And the restaurant options around are not that great either.

Coming to the hotel, stayed this weekend as a solo business traveler. My office had called up ahead to prepone my advance reservation by a day, and this had been confirmed on phone. But when I reached there tired at 10:45pm from my last flight, the guy at the reception says: "We're full up, no room!" When I tell him he had confirmed availability when we called, he says: "How can we say NO on the phone??!!" And all this rudely.

Anyway, the senior man at the counter reprimanded him, and told me to wait for half an hour as "rooms have become vacant now, but need cleaning;" he suggested I have dinner in their adjacent restaurant. This was a dark dank place that at time of night was occupied by people drinking alcohol in groups. The clientele was 99.9% male - and the lady co-worker who had come to drop me off felt uncomfortable. The cheapest food on the main course in the menu starts at 110/-! (And at the end, they added on VAT to this, making it 125/-!)

By the time I had dinner and was back at the counter, the room was ready. (Non-AC Deluxe Double at 1200/- per day). Looked okay, dismissed the room-boy, went to bath - no towel and soap. Picked up phone, dialing "9" does not connect to the counter. There are no contact numbers or instructions anywhere in the room. Ringing the room-service bell at the head of the bed did not bring anyone. Finally had to go back down to Lobby and have them send it up. The TV had a funny problem - kept switching off at the start, till mulitple attempts when it would stay on. The furnishing of the room is basic utilitarian - cheap plastic and wood, nothing comfortable. The plumbing was poorly maintained - taps had to be screwed back tight, else they would start dripping and leaking at midnight.

Each morning, there's complementary newspaper, but no coffee/tea! Room cleaning is done only if you ask for it (once in my 3-day stay). Again after this, the bath stuff was missing, and had to get towel - soap from room service once more. And though I was alone, I did not feel lonely at all - (the worst part) there were a lot of cockroaches of all ages roaming round the room!

The 2nd day, the guys at the reception took > 5 minutes to locate my room key, and "make sure I had handed it to them that morning!"

There is a vegetarian restaurant in the complex of hotels next to Raj Mahal, but the only things they had available at the time we needed to have breakfast daily (7:45 to 8:15 morning) the only stuff they had available was idli-vada and oily "uppittu." The vadas were lovely and crisp though!

At check-out time, they asked me to confirm booking ahead by e-mail next time, rather than the phone. So maybe they're more geared to this, though their HM software definitely had easy options I could see on the screen to update bookings. And they were loath to give back the entire balance amount, till I asked for it. (Didn't see any reason to tip, given the quality of this stay.)

So at the end of the day, for Hotel Rajmahal,

Pros: Great location, 24-hour checkout.
Cons: Costly for what they provide, poor room service, dank old tired building.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I would say this is how a budget hotel should be! With so many rooms, 7+ floors in the building, good restaurant and located in the centre of the city! The reception area is very rich looking when compared to the rooms. The rooms are average looking, bathroom looks a bit old. The service was good and friendly. It offers everything that a budget hotel should, but I'd still want them to have cleaner sheets, etc. in the room. Otherwise, its a good budget stay here!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Rajmahal Hotel? Share your experiences!