“Hard to Beat...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City

You added Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Electronics City, Phase 1 | Hosur Road, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560100, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Hard to Beat...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My second stay at this example of the Crowne Plaza family it is located in the “Electronic City” suburb of Bangalore, about 40 miles from the airport. As a hotel for business travellers it has everything to recommend it. The staff are efficient and attentive, the rooms comfortable with excellent facilities and reliable reasonably fast broadband.

Fore those with time to kill there is a most attractive outdoor pool and a well equipped leisure centre.

Feeding the “inner traveller” is also done well. There is the ubiquitous buffet style all day restaurant, a personal irritant, but in this case the staff are on the ball and it works. More importantly are the man restaurants: my favourite is the steak house where I’ve enjoyed some excellent beef served by a team who really know their job and understand service.

It really is hard to fault the hotel: if business takes you to that part of Bangalore it is a good place to stay. But try to have bookings made locally, comparing prices shown on international hotel booking websites with the price I pay when the booking is made locally by a company that puts all its guests in the hotel the difference is significant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaBengaluru, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City! We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the food and beverage options, efficient and attentive staff, comfortable rooms and choice of facilities. Your comments will motivate our team to further enhance the guest experience and ensure that all our guests leave the hotel delighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bengaluru.

Ranjan Malakar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Murfreesboro, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I lived here for two weeks in December of 2012 on business. The rooms are decorated handsomely. There is a comfortable sitting area. The business center in my room was complete with international outlets. The staff are extremely friendly and speak perfect English. What I will, however, remember most about this hotel is the fantastic dining options. Every day I made a point of eating local food with my business associates because I truly wanted to throw myself into the culture as much as I could. However, toward the end of my trip, I began to crave food that was more familiar to me. I couldn't have been in better hands when that happened. Steaks, seafood, chips just like I knew them at home were available until late hours. Several nights I would come into my room and immediately jump onto conference calls back in the states. The meals delivered by room service were the same high quality as in the on site restaurants. Oh and the daily chutney at breakfast with South Indian tea and fresh mango juice!!! What a treat.

This hotel is also located in a nice corporate district in town. You are surrounded by international companies like HP, Infosys, and others. There is also an army post near by. You can walk freely down the streets in the evening and feel safe. A bank is one block away and I could walk there to get cash when I needed. An upscale cofee shop is also around the corner. If I ever make it back to Bangalore, I will make a point of requesting this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on your stay at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City! We are absolutely delighted that you had a fabulous two weeks at the hotel and appreciated the dining options, well trained and attentive staff as well as comfortable room. Your comments will be shared with the hotel team and will spur us on to continue enhancing our service and offerings to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience when they stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

As a Dutchman and IT businessman I have the privilege to often stay in the best hotels around the world. So have I stayed also two weeks in the beautiful Crown Plaza Electronic City. My stay at this hotel was fantastic! The staff, the service, the restaurants and decor were all very good.

The staff is so friendly and customer oriented that I literelly felt like a prince in Bengaluru the past two weeks. Everyone is always ready for you to be of service, very special experience.

I hope that on my next trip to Bengaluru the Crown Plaza has another room available for me because I don't want to stay anywhere else now!

Summary:
- Very friendly, professional and guest oriented staff
- Fine restaurants serving both Indian and intercontinental al-a-carte menu's
- Clean and nice hotel with various facilities such as sports, massage, pool, relaxation area, business lounge, taxi and laundery services
- 24x7 Security for a carefree stay
- Clean rooms and daily maid service
- Good local Information support

Crown Plaza management and all the staff: Thank you so much for the great service and fantastic "prince experience" the past two weeks. I'll definitely return on my next trip!! Kind regards - Erwin

Room Tip: Try to get a room from floor 5 ur up! You will have a fantastic view from there over Electronic City...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaBengaluru, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback and we are absolutely delighted that you had a fabulous two weeks at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City! Your comments will further motivate the team at the hotel to continuously deliver a great experience to all our guests and make them feel like royalty when they stay or dine with us.

We look forward to your next visit to Bengaluru and our hotel.

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is very poor for Guest service. Check in was worst and check out was humiliating. Hotel is nicely decor and rooms are spacious and clean but staff could not resolute non working AC in my Room I checked in at 4 after 40 hours if trip. Could not sleep too hot. 4 times different people came to look at AC, 3 people called. when i return after noon same problem, later around 5pm when i told them i will check out early lady offered me to switch room. Next day they never brought my breakfast, I kept waiting for 2 hrs finally they told me there was a problem in Kitchen and offered me Tea. Management is the prime failure to coach Guest Service standard. 4 people standing at the concierge could not tell me how to obtain local cell phone or where to go.

Room Tip: Don't depend on service
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear hearthassociate,

Thank you for leaving comments of our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our room accommodations to be sufficient for your needs. I am deeply sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the service received from our staff. Your comments have been taken noted of and we will pass this along to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This Hotel is very Good with great hospitality and nice ambience. The service was very efficient and the food was also very good. I had a very good experience when I asked for a special Hyderabadi Biryani to be served. It was very tasty and was prepared with utmost care following my instructions of very minimal oil.

The rooms were also well cleaned and my entire stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaBengaluru, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing the feedback on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City! We are delighted that you enjoyed the clean and comfortable rooms, great hospitality, ambience and quality of food personalised to your taste. Your comments will spur the team on to continue to find ways to delight our guests and ensure that they have a great experience with us.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Crowne Plaza is a great hotel and has excellent rooms and food. However, it is on the expensive side. There are many alternate options which can be explored. That said, the service was exceptional and the food was good. The staff was well trained. Good experience on the whole.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at our hotel! We are delighted that you appreciated the comfortable rooms, great quality of food and beverage and attentive service. I can assure that as an overall package, we offer great value for money in terms of the quality of product and service and will continue to look for ways to make our services even better and more affordable.

Twin Cities, MN, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Crowne Plaza in Electronics City is very nice. Great service is obviously something they take pride in. I've stayed there twice now and both times, I felt very welcomed. The rooms are immaculately clean with lots of linens, pillows, towels and amenities. Look closely at the desk to find the flip up section with extra hidden outlets. The breakfast is delicious and they will make anything you want to special order. Many western and Indian foods are available, including the most delicious fruits that I've ever had. Fresh juice too - but watch out because some are spicy! Dinners are wonderful in all of the restaurants. The pool is nice, needs a little work on the swim up bar but gives you a great view. I wish it didn't get dark quite so early so I'd have a chance to use the pool more often.
The only downside of the Crowne Plaza is its distance from downtown Bangalore. Plus traffic everywhere in Bangalore is crazy. The hotel drivers are very good - if you are going shopping though, make sure that you tell them exactly what you want or else they'll take you to tourist traps (I think they must get a bonus from the tourist shops)
The Forum Mall is the closest shopping area with lots of stores and a small grocery shop. it is about 20 minutes drive from the hotel. Ask the front desk for help on recommendations - they are wonderful!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have bath tubs - request one if you need one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaBengaluru, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for the detailed feedback on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City! We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the great service, cleanliness, dining options, leisure facilities and linens amongst others. We have noted your feedback on the tourist shops and work on this with the travel desk team. Your comments will certainly motivate the team to deliver great experiences for our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Ranjan Malakar

Been to Crowne Plaza Bengaluru Electronics City? Share your experiences!