“My stay at Golden Residency” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Residency

You added Golden Residency to your Saves list
Golden Residency
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No-28, 4th Cross, 2nd Main Road, | Gandhi Nagar, (Opp Hotel Kanishka) ( 1 km from Bus Stand, Railway Station), Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560009, India   |
Ranked #138 of 571 Hotels in Bengaluru (Bangalore)
Pune, India
“My stay at Golden Residency”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on 18th and 19th Nov, 2012. We had booked two standard AC rooms for 4 adults. The rooms we clean and tidy. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was complimentory and they offered us on the 18th morning itself when we were checking in while others hotel insists the a night's stay before offering the complimentory breakfast. The problems I found were - the hotel doesn't have its own dining area and breakfast is served in the rooms from 8.30 am to 9.30 am only. They will not help in case your request is beyond this timeframe. Also no lunch or dinner faciltiy but made to order room service is available. But it is readily availble in the hotel bang opposite to this hotel. My overall good experience was marginally shattered by their traveldesk person. There is one beard tall guy in white dress who is the incharge of their travel desk. He is a big cheat and will charge extra amount after agreeing one before hiring a taxi. That is what happened to us while dropping to the railway station. After initial bargaining, we agreed to pay Rs 150 and while dropping to the station, he started demanding Rs 200. So avoid the travel desk. Overall value for money for this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the travel desk as they are cheats. A standard AC room is good enough and value for money.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayd in this hotel for 2 days. It's a cheaper hotel that I ever stayd. It wil cost only 1500 for an ac double room. Rooms r better than I expectd. Bath room should have been repaird one more. Taps n shower was not working properly. Overall good service.

• Stayed November 2012
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was on a business trip for 2 days to Bangalore and stayed in this hotel. Following are pros and cons of this hotel.
Pros:
1. Near to railway station and BMTS.
2. Near to central market. If you are a book lover, Sapna Book House is very near.
3. Rooms are clean, although toilets can be improved..
4. Staff was helpful, although they need some grooming

Cons:
1. Quantity of breakfast served was very little. Further, it is served only after 8:30 AM. For a business traveler, this could be problematic. (Although in Kanishka that is opposite this hotel, one gets decent South Indian food). There is limited choice for breakfast.
2. The property does not have restaurant. So if you return late from work, you may starve.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on upper floors if you are likely to spend more time indoors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kolkata, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Its not the best hotel you would like to be in. Poorly located and mediocre service, this hotel would be best avoided.
Watch out for the very-unfriendly staff. I am not sure why I checked in here. Must have been crazy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
gold123, Owner at Golden Residency, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Let me know the Date & name u had check in GOLDEN RESIDENCY, So that we can check with the Front Office manager & Staff . Regarding located : HOTEL is located in GandhiNagar prime area, Center of City.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

i stayed 2 days in this hotel with m Family. room was clean bathroom was good the only thing that i dont like that most of the room service staff delay in service. Affordable and good serenity. The Receptionist Staff are very proactive. I liked his way of handling customers very much

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Samarinda, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I landed in India first tome through Bangalore International Airport. It was very late but I have booked one room in this hotel. Golden Residency in Bangalore.

I reached the hotel in a very exhausting mental after a long flight from Kuala Lumpur. Tge check in was smooth, and my room is close to the reception table. I booked one room with ac. When they opened my room, I felt disappointed. It was a small and dirty floor. Very small that I have to put my lugage in front of toilet door. The bed was hard like a rock, I can not even find a space for taking my pray.

Bathroom was standard. But the shower does not work, so I used the bucket they prepared. India is so much different than Malaysia and to see it from one hotel room in Bangalore makes me very disappointed. I hardly found a food for me near the hotel and the street is crowded. It is good at least they have hot water for bath.

Breakfast is only dosa, that I can not even eat. No coffe or tea for that and I ordered but they seemed to forget to deliver to my room. I do feel ot is ridiculously pricy to pay 1.770 rupees or nearly 40 dollars for this kind of service. I am sure they can do better with that price.

Room Tip: No tip! If u are looking for service after a long flight, dont go to this hotel. You will be mad!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
gold123, General Manager at Golden Residency, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Room Booked by you First was Dlx A/c & you had changed to Standard A/c. I think Dlx Room was good & Big Room. If u had requested to reception on availability they would have change the room.
There is Shivalli restaurant & in an around 500 mtrs there are many restaurant & room service is available. if you had asked in reception they will help.
Regarding Room Floor & Service we will rectify the same.
Thanks for your review which helps us to give good service.

M.B.GURUNATH

Been to Golden Residency? Share your experiences!