“Best place for an off-site near Bangalore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort

You added Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Olde Bangalore Hotel & Resort
4.0 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   206 Utopia | Tarabanahalli, Chikjala, Near Bangalore International Airport, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 562157, India   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Best place for an off-site near Bangalore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

You cannot find a better place than this in Bangalore for an offsite. Around 20 minutes from the airport, it allows corporates to save time enourmously on travel to Bangalore city, using that time for work. The spacious grounds allow for all kinds of outdoor team activities. The tents are as luxurious as rooms at a good hotel, and in my two visits there I have not seen any snakes or anything else that can creep into a tent. The staff are very courteous and friendly, and the owner of the facility will be happy to show one around the facility. The tents are very secure for ladies, and in general for everyone. Nothing gets mysteriously lost. I recommend this place to anyone wanting to do an offsite in bangalore, where a majority of the participants have to fly into the city.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We were moved here when another hotel made an awful mistake, and all I can say really is from the second we walked into the lobby, absolutely every member of staff have been fantastic, helpful in every matter, service and making sure your happy and content during your stay is their number 1 priority. We had a wonderfull stay, thank you again to 'the olde Bangalore' hotel and resort.
Thanks lee & Tara, derby uk

• Stayed April 2012
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Booked this hotel for our last night in B'lore after reading the reviews here. I wasn't disappointed.... except that there were so few others there apart from us. We also were there on Valentines day (2012) and appreciated the efforts the resort had made to make the dinner around the pool a memorable affair. However, we had a guest with us too, so we were not quite their target customers.
I thought the tented rooms worked really well. The only problem we had was that, being so near the airport, there is quite a lot of nighttime noise. Fortunately, I sleep like a log. Not so my wife!
Bathroom - 9/10 - nobody ever seems to clean the shower heads in India, and they set them so high I can't do it myself. Result - spray everywhere except where it should be going, and a lot of blocked nozzles. Other than that, really good.
Minibar was not stocked or chilled on our arrival. In fact, we were going straight out again for a visit to Nandi Hills, but had we been in need of a quick cold one, it would have been 100 yard walk back to the bar.
Pricewise, it's expensive! £120 for a room and packed b'fast (we had to leave at 05:30) including car to airport (which worked well till we met the traffic jam at the airport).
Can't comment on the pool, except to say it looked fantastic, 30m long maybe, and very clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed ta this hotel because we needed somewhere close to the airport for a one night layover. I wish we had found this place during an earlier trip to Bangalore-- it is great!! the "tents" are really like rooms. They are really gorgeous inside, very quiet, smell great, TV, great bathroom, shower, etc. The staff was nice, food was good, and we were able to easily arrange a taxi to the airport. I think it is good value considering location, and was really one of the nicest places we stayed in India, which is very surprising for an airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Weekends get crowded with groups and generally noisy, a problem because the tents are not sound proof. Other than that the hotel is good and the service very good. Great place for long walks and birding if you get lucky. The staff and the hotel are geared up to support meetings.

• Stayed February 2012
Malden, NL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

After a long flight from Europe I arrived in the middle of the night in Bangalore. The day before I had find out that there are no hotels at the airport! As I had to spend 8 hours to my next flight I wanted to sleep somewhere close to the airport. There is nothing, except this hotel that is located 12 kms from the airport, a taxi ride of about 15 minutes (210 rupees). It was quite an experience as my taxi driver did not know the hotel and the address as I had it was not very clear. It is located in a rather remote area, where you really think ‘where am I going?’

In the meantime it was 2.30 at night when I arrived. The reception desk was extremely friendly. It turned out to be that they had send a car to the airport to pick me up, which I didn’t know because this was not mentioned to me when I made the reservation, anyway I had to pay for that (300 rupees). The hotel offers accommodation in tents. The tent was very comfortable, a good bed to sleep, although it was quite noisy till late at night. Each tent has its own bathroom. The tents are located in a garden. It is nice to sit on your own deck in the early morning with a newspaper and morning coffee. The hotel arranged the return transportation to the airport as well.

All in all I would stay here again when I have to make a stopover in Bangalore, because it is a tranquil place and it is absolutely no option to travel into Bangalore with its crazy busy traffic (about 1 ½ tot 2 hours by taxi depending on the traffic).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here for about 3 nights with some very good friends and a great project. I loved the layout and the tents which are very well done. luxurious is what i;d say about the tents. great food and a lovely walk in the 30 odd acre prpoerty. the biggest advantage is that its 15 min away from the a'port.

Room Tip: chose the tents instead of the rooms if you want to see the difference