“Spacious, chilled out, tasty and authentic food..A+” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sufi Restaurant

Sufi Restaurant
Fifth Floor, Empire Hotel, No. 103,, Bengaluru (Bangalore) 560095, India (Koramangala)
080 65901188
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Koramangala
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Spacious, chilled out, tasty and authentic food..A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

recently made my 4th trip to Sufi a week back or so. I remember going there 3 years back, and having a meal with no other customers in sight, and wishing somewhere that it became popular so that I could come here again in the years to come. Thankfully, my wish has come true and now this place attracts a decent amount of traffic. The reasons at least for me is that the place seems to have remained true to itself, or in other words to its Persian roots. While I am an Indian, I feel qualified to make this comment because of a considerable amount of exposure to Iranian cuisine and culture during my growing up years. The food is excellent, and is tasty if one has a taste for Persian cuisine!! The chelo kebabs are authentic and yum, as is the tea and the doogh is great as well.... but what takes the first place in my mind is the chilled out, spacious and culturally alive decor, with Persian motifs abound. The variety of seating, the lighting, the music, the food, all make for a pleasant outing fore someone looking out to get a glimpse into Iran The service is between moderate and good and could use some improvement, but it doesn't affect my experience materially. Good luck to you guys and I look forward to visiting you again!!! shukran

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Awful is an understatement. I puked.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We went in there wanting to try something different, and yes as most reviewers mention here.. the ambience pleased us. And that's about all we were pleased by. The food was disgusting, the service was pathetic. The food was so bad that it set new standards for horrible food. All of it was stinky, bloody and undercooked.. oh and how can I forget the large blackened rotten lemon that was apparently the highlight of one of the main course dishes. I don't remember the name. I actually asked the waiter if we were supposed to eat it, he said yes - and unfortunately I gave it a go. The moment I started eating, I felt an urge to puke! (Which I did eventually!). Never going back there again. And in interest of the taste buds and digestive system of my fellow humans, I issue this warning: This will turn out to be the worst food you'll ever eat. But yes - on the positive front, it just may make you appreciate all other food in the world much more.
With heavy hearts we paid for the horrible food we ate, and promised ourselves to never come back again. This was the only time we tried Persian food.. and I carry with me a little hope that some day we'll eat Persian food fit for humans.
I am glad i purged out all the food before it could start messing with my digestive system!
The memories of this place are frightening and disturbing.. still get nightmares sometimes. :|
Okay.. again - DISGUSTING. Do yourself a favor, and keep away. Eat some Dosas at Empire downstairs instead.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Delicious Kebabs, go elsewhere for dessert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I love the beef and chicken kebabs. Its nice to find somewhere in Bangalore with delicious beef at an affordable price. We have visited Sufi more times than any other in Bangalore. We tried the desserts one time, but didn't care for them too well. Other than that, it was delicious, and we plan to visit here many times again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Good kebabs and platters, desserts okey dokey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This restaurant is now situated above Empire - koromangala
Good Persian Kebabs- order joojey halazoni (chicken kebab) tasted too good
Or Mutton or Beef kebabs. Everything is good
Rice items are ok but desserts are not so great.
Better to have kebabs only.
Per head will cost minimum of 500 INR
Ambience is good and music is soulful

• Visited September 2011